Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Fan-Made Trailer: How the ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel Could Work  (Read 2173 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=U4U4he3GgC4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Û</a>

Say what you will about Warner Bros., director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer’s plans to include Batman in the Man of Steel sequel, but you cannot fairly accuse them of playing it safe. Indeed, the mere announcement of Batman vs. Superman (or possibly Superman vs. Batman) at the 2013 Comic-Con incited near-equal amounts of excitement, wariness and outrage amongst the hardcore comic book superhero fan community. Bear in mind, that was the situation before Ben Affleck had been cast as the Caped Crusader.

We here at Screen Rant have gone into depth with our examination of how Batfleck (as he’s colloquially known) may prove to be an inspired creative decision; in addition to, having provided several reasons why a Batman/Superman feature may be the best next move for the DC Cinematic Universe right now. Helpfully, a fan has gone ahead and constructed a faux-teaser trailer for the Man of Steel sequel – one that illustrates what we’ve been saying about how this movie could work.

On the “Ben Affleck is Batman” installment of the Screen Rant Underground Podcast, it was mentioned that Batman vs. Superman could be to The Dark Knight what Man of Steel is to Batman Begins; that is, the chapter that deals with the consequence of escalation resulting from the superhero’s actions in the origin story installment. That direction seems all the more likely to be taken, if only because Goyer is the one writer to have worked on all four of the aforementioned DC comic book adaptations.

The fake Batman/Superman movie teaser trailer (posted by Youtube user “solyentbrak1“) hints at the potential for intense conflict and drama that would be inherent to such a storytelling approach, just by cutting together clips from films/TV shows like Man of Steel, Breaking Bad, Contagion, Daredevil and State of Play, among others – with Affleck playing Bruce Wayne, opposite Man of Steel cast members Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Laurence Fishburne (not to mention, Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor).

Moreover, this fan trailer demonstrates just how the Ben Affleck version of Batman could stand on his own, even when stacked up against Christian Bale’s take in director Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy. Here, we see how Snyder’s Bruce Wayne – officially described by the director as someone who “bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter” – could serve as a calculating, shrewd-minded and (not just a little) paranoid foil opposite Cavill as the well-meaning, yet emotionally-volatile Superman. The cynicism/optimism and brains/brawn dynamic between the characters offers enough drama to be mined, even before you figure the villainous Luther into the equation.

Obviously, there are still a number of variables that need to be accounted for, with respect to Batman vs. Superman – like, whether or not Lex Luthor is even going to be in the sequel (much less if Bryan Cranston or someone else will portray him). That said, if you know anyone who argues that this project is doomed to fail on principle alone – or remains convinced that Affleck is still the pretty boy-type from the early 2000s – then have them give this video a watch (and to consider everything that was mentioned in this article).

Are you hopeful that the real Batman vs. Superman trailer will look something like this fan video? What are your expectations for the Man of Steel sequel, right now?

Batman vs. Superman/Superman vs. Batman/Man of Steel 2 opens in theaters on July 17th, 2015.

Source: http://screenrant.com/batman-superman-movie-fan-trailer/

What a fantastic trailer.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »

Bravo *claps* Smiley

I know I'm in the minority, but I always thought that Daredevil was a great movie/had a great cast. Everyone fit their roles perfectly. Yes, even Ben. Shoot me if you want, but... hey, I am the guy that loves Power Rangers and all of the movies that everyone seems to hate, so... lol.

Speaking of which, all of this talk about Daredevil is giving me the itch to rewatch... Daredevil. I think I'm going to go and watch that and Spider-Man 1 later.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »

Bravo *claps* Smiley

I know I'm in the minority, but I always thought that Daredevil was a great movie/had a great cast. Everyone fit their roles perfectly. Yes, even Ben. Shoot me if you want, but... hey, I am the guy that loves Power Rangers and all of the movies that everyone seems to hate, so... lol.

Speaking of which, all of this talk about Daredevil is giving me the itch to rewatch... Daredevil. I think I'm going to go and watch that and Spider-Man 1 later.

Yes they did, they did what they could with a "meh" script, but nailed their roles. Ferrell needed a better costume than what he got and their was an atrocious lack of MCD's Kingpin.

If you can get access to the Director's Cut of DD, don't pass it up.

This time around as a vigilante Ben has more respect amongst those in Hollywood, which mean he will probably have some say in terms of dialogue or how he feels the character would act.

BTW, Bryan Cranston is likely going to be Luthor, but they will wait till after Breaking bad has ended to officially announce it.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »

Yes they did, they did what they could with a "meh" script, but nailed their roles. Ferrell needed a better costume than what he got and their was an atrocious lack of MCD's Kingpin.

If you can get access to the Director's Cut of DD, don't pass it up.

This time around as a vigilante Ben has more respect amongst those in Hollywood, which mean he will probably have some say in terms of dialogue or how he feels the character would act.

BTW, Bryan Cranston is likely going to be Luthor, but they will wait till after Breaking bad has ended to officially announce it.

That is the version that I own Cheesy I have both versions actually. The original version was given to me as a birthday present a few years ago. I still need to get a hold of the Elektra Director's Cut though.

And nice! He would be awesome as Luthor.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »

I haven't seen the Daredevil Director's Cut. I've been trying to hunt it down for a while.  Sad

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »

After all this Affleck crap I really do hope they cast Ryan Gosling or Zac Effron (or some other pretty faced person everybody loves to hate) in a Star Wars film, just so all the meanies on the internet will squirm and writhe.

I don't care anymore, I'd rather have my expectations blown away by someone I initially didn't like, than sit and be all pissed because my "Fandom" is being ruined.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »

It's funny how everyone used to bash Christian Bale because of his Batman voice. "Oh, your voice sucks!" "What, are you gargling marbles or something?" While at the same time, Bale must have been thinking, "Okay, my voice hurts, I just did three movies, you guys all suck, I'm done."

But now that Affleck has been chosen as the new Batman, everyone is being a hypocrite and saying, "Oh, come back, Bale! We love you and we love your voice!"

I know I'm generalizing, but still, it does get pretty annoying after a while. And hey, I genuinely liked his voice.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »

It's funny how everyone used to bash Christian Bale because of his Batman voice. "Oh, your voice sucks!" "What, are you gargling marbles or something?" While at the same time, Bale must have been thinking, "Okay, my voice hurts, I just did three movies, you guys all suck, I'm done."

But now that Affleck has been chosen as the new Batman, everyone is being a hypocrite and saying, "Oh, come back, Bale! We love you and we love your voice!"

I know I'm generalizing, but still, it does get pretty annoying after a while. And hey, I genuinely liked his voice.

I liked his voice also. I've actually scared people by imitating it! It also has a comic book basis:

This is part of the Knightfall saga, Issue #498 I believe. Jean-Paul Valley is out for the first time as the new Batman, before he went crazy. Tim Drake knows what's up!

I love how Tim refers to him as "Paul," while Paul calls him "Robin." Tim clearly isn't comfortable with this new "Batman."  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: