Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 330034 times)
Jetmech
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »

Has anyone else has run into the same problem I've had with the 14500 Li-ion batteries supplied with the lightsabers? I've ordered enough sabers to now have about a dozen batteries and half of them didn't even make it to their second charge. That's a 50% fail rate. The other half recharge normally and still work great.
Given the high failure rate of the XTAR 14500's, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a different brand of 14500 battery that might be more reliable?

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2020, 02:00:00 PM »

All of the 14500 cells I have ever recieved from US are still going strong. Both the Xtarrs and the Trustfires they used to ship still work in any of  my sound sabers. But I still use two of the Trustfire chargers they used to ship, the same one that a few other highly regarded saber companies still do ship. One of the chargers and several of the battery  cells are around 6 years old.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »

Has anyone else has run into the same problem I've had with the 14500 Li-ion batteries supplied with the lightsabers? I've ordered enough sabers to now have about a dozen batteries and half of them didn't even make it to their second charge. That's a 50% fail rate. The other half recharge normally and still work great.
Given the high failure rate of the XTAR 14500's, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a different brand of 14500 battery that might be more reliable?

I have not had this problem; I’m using the original batteries on both my Diamond sabers (although one of those just arrived a couple weeks ago, so it’s not seen that much use).  I have a recharge port in both, and I make sure to keep both sabers topped off.  What I mean by this is that at least one of the sabers is typically plugged in all the time; Every couple days, I move the cord from one to the other. 

Lithium-ion batteries don’t like to be run down to “fully dead” like you used to need to do with Nickel-Cadmium batteries.  It’s not good for their long-term health, and every time you do that (or allow it to happen), you run the risk of the battery STAYING dead, forever.  From your brief description, I can’t tell if this might be your issue or not, but I thought I’d mention it, just in case.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jetmech
Force Sensitive

« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »

I was able to use the "9 volt battery shock method" described in the first post to revive all but two of the batteries back to life. The two that are "dead" dead were in a lightsaber I just got recently and it was "dead on arrival". It was kind of a bummer because I was recording it on an unboxing video. The big moment came to turn on the saber and see what color the blade was, and.......nothing. Oh well.....

I AM glad I got the XTAR 8 port quick charger with separate LED readouts for each port. It's designed so you can leave the batteries in the charger and use a trickle charge to keep them "topped off".

Niteshot
Force Sensitive

« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2020, 06:20:32 PM »

Hi everyone Smiley I recently got my ultrasaber and I must now charge the batteries. I opened up the bottom and got the battery pack, I just cant seem to get the batteries out of the pack. Does anyone have any tips?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #305 on: October 09, 2020, 06:44:35 PM »

Hi everyone Smiley I recently got my ultrasaber and I must now charge the batteries. I opened up the bottom and got the battery pack, I just cant seem to get the batteries out of the pack. Does anyone have any tips?
The batteries can be taxing to get out at times, but that's also a good thing as they won't easily pop out during combat. When I run into this issue, I usually just use the blade screw wrench to pop lever them out from the non-spring side.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Niteshot
Force Sensitive

« Reply #306 on: October 09, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »

The batteries can be taxing to get out at times, but that's also a good thing as they won't easily pop out during combat. When I run into this issue, I usually just use the blade screw wrench to pop lever them out from the non-spring side.
It worked! thanks so much for this!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #307 on: October 09, 2020, 09:11:38 PM »

WOO! I'm 2 for 2 this week.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2020, 01:32:01 AM »

This usually will work but it is always better to use something non-metallic. Guitar picks, plastic flatware, or even Lego separator tools are better choices in the long run. And will get the same results.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2020, 01:58:21 AM »

It sounds as if you have managed to remove your batteries which is good news. I have a tip for you to help you out in future...
Before you re-insert your batteries get a 1.5 to 2inch strip of electical tape and fold it around the battery, lining up the two ends and pinch it flat around the cell to form a tab which you can grab to pull the battery free. You can also do this with a similar strip of ribbon and just glue the ends together to form the same sort of tab (this way you can slide the "pull tab" off a dead battery if you need to replace it and slide it onto a new battery).

It's an old musician's trick we use on guitar foot pedals, effects boxes and radio mics!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #310 on: October 12, 2020, 01:42:37 PM »

It sounds as if you have managed to remove your batteries which is good news. I have a tip for you to help you out in future...
Before you re-insert your batteries get a 1.5 to 2inch strip of electical tape and fold it around the battery, lining up the two ends and pinch it flat around the cell to form a tab which you can grab to pull the battery free. You can also do this with a similar strip of ribbon and just glue the ends together to form the same sort of tab (this way you can slide the "pull tab" off a dead battery if you need to replace it and slide it onto a new battery).

It's an old musician's trick we use on guitar foot pedals, effects boxes and radio mics!
Great idea.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: