Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 328794 times)
AndreBlizz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:26 PM »

And what is so specific about this charger? A proprietary plug? Unique voltage amount? Insanely large Amper requirement?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »

1. Not propietary, I think, but the Recharge Port and the charger plug are geared to each other - especially in size. Finding a different charger with the right plug without knowing the model and size of the Port may become very difficult.

2. Voltage range is 100-240V, so nothing special here. It's established for many contemporary electronic and electric devices.

3. No, but its output is either 0.2 A (slow charger) or 1.2 A (fast charger). The slow charger can't charge a saber that is turned on - its output is lower than the amount the saber needs when turned on. Only the fast charger will charge a saber that is turned on.

4. The most important feature of both chargers is that they can "trickle-charge", hence the name "Smart Charger". That means once the batteries are full, the charger turns off. Once the voltage drops below a certain limit (due to normal battery draining in sabers without kill keys), the charger begins charging again. This is not implemented in many chargers, but quite important to maintain the functionality of the Li-Ion batteries.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

OAK1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -13

Say When

« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2017, 10:15:29 PM »

I got lucky twice. My mystery box came with rechargeable, but no charger. Lucky for me I had a nice one for my flashlight batteries. Nitecore digicharger D2. Does Li Ion Ni MH and Ni Cad.

All is as the Force wills it. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

Never underestimate the high ground!

« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2017, 11:03:59 PM »

Does the LI charger come with the input and output cables? Mine came with just the docking station and no cables?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »

The Smart Chargers for the Recharge Ports come fully assembled. The cradle chargers for spare batteries only come with the power supply unit, obviously.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2018, 12:21:18 AM »

This is good info still. I didnt know at first that i had to use 3.7 v batteries specifically so i once replaced the batteries with basic  duracell batteries ..and when i did that...the sound was quieter and there was no light at all. U defnally can only use the 3.7v batteries.

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »

1. Not propietary, I think, but the Recharge Port and the charger plug are geared to each other - especially in size. Finding a different charger with the right plug without knowing the model and size of the Port may become very difficult.

2. Voltage range is 100-240V, so nothing special here. It's established for many contemporary electronic and electric devices.

3. No, but its output is either 0.2 A (slow charger) or 1.2 A (fast charger). The slow charger can't charge a saber that is turned on - its output is lower than the amount the saber needs when turned on. Only the fast charger will charge a saber that is turned on.

4. The most important feature of both chargers is that they can "trickle-charge", hence the name "Smart Charger". That means once the batteries are full, the charger turns off. Once the voltage drops below a certain limit (due to normal battery draining in sabers without kill keys), the charger begins charging again. This is not implemented in many chargers, but quite important to maintain the functionality of the Li-Ion batteries.

Hey I'm not sure if you will be able to answer my question so I'll leave it open but since I noticed you mentioned the kill key... I was wondering if the external charger option with li-ion bats comes with the kill key installed in the port or are kill keys a totally desperate accesorry you need to order with your light saber if you get the adapter charge option with the external charge adapter with the 2 xfire bats

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2018, 12:40:08 PM »

I don't know if Ultrasabers still sell sabers with Kill Keys. When they did, there was an option with Kill Key setup and Recharge Port charger, which means once you plug the charger in the saber, the saber is virtually dead and only the batteries are charged. I think it included a Kill Key as well, but I'm not sure.

Sig by Master Nero

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2018, 01:38:42 AM »

I don't know if Ultrasabers still sell sabers with Kill Keys. When they did, there was an option with Kill Key setup and Recharge Port charger, which means once you plug the charger in the saber, the saber is virtually dead and only the batteries are charged. I think it included a Kill Key as well, but I'm not sure.

Awesome thanks for the reply And yeah I was getting both the interior charge port and the external... so I could charge more batteries at a time with just the  1 external charger with USBcable for 2 bats and then charge the others through my saber.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »

That's the reason why I always recommend a separate charger. For spare batteries, which I also recommend buying for the case that batteries just die. So you always have a working set.

Sig by Master Nero

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2018, 06:23:45 PM »

I've been researching Li-Ion batteries and wanted to know if anyone else has luck finding other brands of Li-Ion that works well other than Xtar batteries, I just don't know about them and I have quite a bit of Nitecores laying around but the 14500 are 50 Mah short of the Xtar which is a capacity thing versus capability so it's not a huge deal for me.  Again, I don't mind buying the Xtars, would like more info and experience in dealing with them or other brand (excuse me if I'm out of line for mentioning other brands of batteries).

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2018, 11:31:23 PM »

We get our batteries from multiple sources and brand names... and members have their favorites.  Purchasing from US guarantees that you will get the correct ones.  What's most important is getting a match for the 14500 battery size/dimensions to fit the current battery pack and 3.7 voltage that is a match to the Xtar Li-Ions.  In the past US used the TrustFire brand.  Be careful with knockoffs or purchasing a steal of a deal from for example... some Chinese distributors on Amazon and e-bay.  The loaded saber may not run all of it's setup and options with a weaker powered battery.  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2018, 06:23:06 PM »

Thank you once again, Dauntless for your knowledge and expertise.  It’s good to know that many questions that I have can easily be answered by great people like yourself.  US’ batteries it is. Have a point

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »

Thank you once again, Dauntless for your knowledge and expertise.  It’s good to know that many questions that I have can easily be answered by great people like yourself.  US’ batteries it is. Have a point

You are welcome and a point returned for all the expert other advice you have given me.  Cheesy

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »

The pleasure's all mine

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: