Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 328806 times)
Chad mikolyski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -22

« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2019, 03:21:58 AM »

Hey just wondering does ultrasabers ever use a single 18650 cell lithium ion set up when a recharge port is used? What do the internals look like on a recharge port saber?

Thanks

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2019, 05:59:42 AM »

Ultrasabers uses dual 14500s on their premium sound, Emerald and Diamond setups. (and a stunt if you pay an up charge) They never use 18650s. A single 18650 won't power their higher tier boards and two are just way too big for most hilts.

Chad mikolyski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -22

« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2019, 07:55:25 AM »

So I'm not sure what you mean by premium sound but I bought 5 Ultrasabers between 2015-2017 and I have changed them all over to single cell 18650 battery setups. They all have obsidian v2 and obsidian v3 with changeable sound fonts etc. however I know the fonts can't be changed  without plugging it in via USB which is was upgraded for the v4 to real time don't cycling correct?. Is it just the obsidian v4 that requires 7.4v?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »

Is it just the obsidian v4 that requires 7.4v?
No, all Obsidians (except Obsidian Lite), Emerald and Diamond require the 7.4v Li-Ion setup. Don't know how they can work with a single 18650, but 7.4 is definitely needed for flawless functionality of light and sound.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

RezkinKDT
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2019, 02:02:46 AM »

I was wondering if I could use a 2x700 battery sled instead of an 18650 sled? They typically have better Amp ratings and higher mahs.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2019, 06:08:13 PM »

I was wondering if I could use a 2x700 battery sled instead of an 18650 sled? They typically have better Amp ratings and higher mahs.
Unless you’re somehow getting 7.4v out of your 2x700 cell, I wouldn’t recommend it.  And none that I know of will deliver that.  (Keep in mind I don’t know every cell on the market.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

And now we shall have peace....Lore Expert.

« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2020, 10:50:18 AM »

Am awaiting me emerald sabre which will have a charger from US with it.

However....

I have a Electrum Wind with obsidian sound which arrived the other day and i imagine itll be a few weeks until my new saber and charger arrive.

So have no charger at the mo. Question is:-

Will the below charger in the link charge the li-on batteries in my saber? If so ill buy it and use it until the on from US arrives which will obviously work.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/lithium-ion-cr123a-battery-charger/p/MB3581

Dark side point fiend....

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2020, 01:23:21 PM »

No, you'll need a charger that can take 14500-sized Li-Ion batteries. This one is for a different size.

Have a look at this: https://www.jaycar.com.au/dual-channel-li-ion-ni-mh-battery-charger/p/MB3635
That's the right one.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

And now we shall have peace....Lore Expert.

« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2020, 10:46:22 PM »

Awesome, champion thanks

Dark side point fiend....

Skvora
Knight Aspirant

Batuu Survivor

« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2020, 11:11:18 PM »

So coming from airsoft background - are you guys designing around "vaping" Ion cells for their durable casing over using much better capacity LiPos or?

captainpopcorn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2020, 09:37:48 PM »

Updated 3/24/2012

For the Li-Ion Battery Setup with Resistor.  You get the above benefits.  The cons are that the extra power is burned off as heat and thus wasted and you do not get the full potential battery life from each charge of your batteries.  Also when dealing with color mixes (like Violet Amethyst, Arctic Blue, SRD, Sentinel Yellow, Bane's Heart, etc) it is best to use a driver like a BuckPuck to assure that these mix to the best possible potential.  Also with many Flash on Clash combinations (especially like Red flash Silver) it is best to use a driver like a Buck Puck to assure that both these color show well and the current for both colors are is properly.

When you say that the extra power is burned off as heat - do this mean that you will smell smoke coming from the saber?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2020, 09:46:21 PM »

No, there won't be smoke. But the resistor and all components will heat up - more than with the BuckPuck solution. And that additional heat dissipates over heatsinks and the hilt itself. You'll notice that when the saber is on for an extended period of time.

If it smells burned, then the components are damaged. Especially when it has a sound board, Emerald Driver or Diamond Controller, this indicates a board failure.

Sig by Master Nero

captainpopcorn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »

Interesting. I just received my order today and I turned on the saber for no longer than three minutes right out of the box and you could smell smoke.

Who do I contact about this?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »

That's a case for Marlena. Contact her at marlena@ultrasabers.com, and include your oder no., order date and of course the problem. It's a warranty case, so she'll probably handle that without any costs for you (except shipping). But wait for her definite answer on how to deal with this.

Sig by Master Nero

matth431
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2020, 01:30:24 PM »

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I've ordered an Apprentice LE v5 with Lite Sound, so the Li option wasn't available. However, taking into account the recommendations, is it possible to use these rechargeable Li AAA batteries (Amazon link tinyurld due to size: https://tinyurl.com/ydhchqte) in the 4xAAA battery holder and does anyone have any experience as to whether this is noticeably superior to NiMH rechargeables?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: