Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Author Topic: The two worst Jedi Knights in the History of Star Wars  (Read 55937 times)
Cyondios
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

LS Please

« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2013, 04:20:04 AM »

So, back to the title of this thread... in Episode 2, during the genosian coliseum... there's a jedi wielding a blue saber during the fight leading up to Jango's decapitation. Watch in the background to the left of the space rhino... this space cadet is just swinging at absolutely nothing. Go check.

There must be balance between the light and dark, but the light lets you see the path before you.
Reaper-AS/AB  BR/FO Obsidian AS AV switch
Prophecy V3- CG
War Glaive- AS (raffle prize)

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »

So, back to the title of this thread... in Episode 2, during the genosian coliseum... there's a jedi wielding a blue saber during the fight leading up to Jango's decapitation. Watch in the background to the left of the space rhino... this space cadet is just swinging at absolutely nothing. Go check.

That is why I hate things being shot with Green screens.  I personally felt that things were way too rushed in the prequels even though GL had more money to do things he wanted than he did in the OT.  I am hoping that Disney takes a lesson from this and does more live action shots so that the actors/actresses do not feel so awkward and things such as what you have pointed toward are not left unchecked. 

The fight of Sidious vs 4 Jedi was a huge disappointment to me and I hope that if they ever have the chance to go back and add to this scene they take the time to make the fight look more spectacular than stab, die, stab die, 2 on 1 with half hearted strikes, die, and then Mace kicking your butt after everyone else dies. 

This fight needs to be expanded upon greatly.  Even the books written to fill the gaps of the prequels does not address this sufficiently .

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

If I may jump in here (and I'll probably get hacked to pieces!), we would ALL love to see a huge, LONG, 30 minute fight scene where the Sith Lord and joint most powerful force wielder in the GALAXY takes on 3 insignificant Jedi and tears them a new....erm (family show!) "beats them up".....before having an EPIC duel with one of the heads of the Jedi council. Obviously, for the storyline to work, Sidious HAS to lose to Windu, so that Anakin can fulfil his destiny, betray the Jedi and cause Windu's defeat (note I don't say DEATH, because I don't personally believe he died from the fall, or from only two blasts of Force Lightning, and losing an arm certainly wasn't terminal!)

The scene could have seen Nick Gillard double for Sidious, just as he does for Dooku (Sorry, Chris Lee and Ian McDiarmid are BRILLIANT actors, but as so many have said on here, their swords skills are lacking, though they'd probably still both beat ME!)

But here's the thing, FIRST GL made it clear that he wanted the faces of the combatants to be very visible, so you KNOW it's them throwing the lightsabers around; SECOND, that puts an automatic restraint on what you can show, because neither are up to Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson or Ray Park(!) duelling standards! THIRD, and perhaps most damning of all, American audiences are not seen as having enough of an attention span to be able to watch, and appreciate, the intricacies of such a long, extended, fight scene!

So what do we get? Stab - dead, stab - dead, slash - dead, then duke it out with Mace Windu; lose (on purpose) have Anakin come in, lop Mace's arm off and seal the deal!

I would have LOVED to see more of Sidious' skills, even beyond the two fight scenes he features in (I trust nobody argues with the sabering in the Senate chamber as being "unimpressive"?) in fact, here's a thought........how about we have an added scene in Episode One, before the first appearance officially, where we see Maul practising with his Master, and we hear Sidious tell him that he's ready, then they walk out onto the Coruscant balcony where they discuss "revealing ourselves to the Jedi".

On that forward spin though, it is unique! The Jedi would NOT have seen a move like that before, because it is basically a very aggressive version of an Ataru rotation (which, watching Yoda, tend to be more somersaults and flips) So yeah, perhaps they were taken by surprise by an unfamiliar move, for the 2 tenths of a second it took Palpatine to kill them.

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »

Palpatins starting skill was a Force Scream while pouncing the masters in my opinion.
I cant make this scene work for me without it since the Jedi just stand there petrified and hastily yet not skillful try to ward of the stabs and slices of the old man.
While Windu starts to fight to his full potential only after he had retreated to another room.
And since Jedi are not allowed to learn about the dark side i am sure that this force power could have caught them off guard.
That is to consider since originating from a force user with his powerlevel it could already kill a "normal" human and at least fill a Jedi with fear if not worth robbing the masters of the opportunity to face this foe with their full potential from the very beginning.

Uff especially when I think about who got slayn in mere seconds Im not absolutely sure but I had the feeling that Colar is an even better swordsman than Kit which already is famous as a muster of absolute mastery of his form with individual perks to it which surpase the understanding of many knights.

Well thats how i explain the fast slaughter to me so that i may watch that without a hurting sensation ^^

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »

Palpatins starting skill was a Force Scream while pouncing the masters in my opinion.
I cant make this scene work for me without it since the Jedi just stand there petrified and hastily yet not skillful try to ward of the stabs and slices of the old man.
While Windu starts to fight to his full potential only after he had retreated to another room.
And since Jedi are not allowed to learn about the dark side i am sure that this force power could have caught them off guard.
That is to consider since originating from a force user with his powerlevel it could already kill a "normal" human and at least fill a Jedi with fear if not worth robbing the masters of the opportunity to face this foe with their full potential from the very beginning.

Uff especially when I think about who got slayn in mere seconds Im not absolutely sure but I had the feeling that Colar is an even better swordsman than Kit which already is famous as a muster of absolute mastery of his form with individual perks to it which surpase the understanding of many knights.

Well thats how i explain the fast slaughter to me so that i may watch that without a hurting sensation ^^

The scream you refer to could be a Sith version of Yoda's "Force Valor" (see ep.II)

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »

The scream you refer to could be a Sith version of Yoda's "Force Valor" (see ep.II)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scream

This.

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

Daniel H
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

My other car's a katana...

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2013, 03:07:26 PM »

I read a GL approved novelisation or script draft or some such thing once.

It explained that Palpatine had been expending a great deal of energy keeping his powers hidden while having Jedi over for tea and biscuits for years. When he threw off the sheepskin, the wolf unleashed a blast of Dark Side energy that left the Jedi reeling in confusion.
Apparently he was projecting fear and a sense of loss, using Force telekinesis to add enormous weight of resistance to their limbs, and projecting mental images of himself attacking from multiple angles at once.

All of which sounds cool on paper, but on film it translated into a bunch of senior Jedi getting carved up like stupefied dodos that had never seen a lighsabre before....

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »

I read a GL approved novelisation or script draft or some such thing once.

It explained that Palpatine had been expending a great deal of energy keeping his powers hidden while having Jedi over for tea and biscuits for years. When he threw off the sheepskin, the wolf unleashed a blast of Dark Side energy that left the Jedi reeling in confusion.
Apparently he was projecting fear and a sense of loss, using Force telekinesis to add enormous weight of resistance to their limbs, and projecting mental images of himself attacking from multiple angles at once.

All of which sounds cool on paper, but on film it translated into a bunch of senior Jedi getting carved up like stupefied dodos that had never seen a lighsabre before....

It also projects the idea that Palpatine was some kind of "Superman Sith" who should have been unbeatable, even by Windu. I'm not sure I like that idea much.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »

It also projects the idea that Palpatine was some kind of "Superman Sith" who should have been unbeatable, even by Windu. I'm not sure I like that idea much.

It sounds to me that people are seriously trying to "justify" plot armor.

Sorry people but the only time that people die in fiction is usually when the writers want them to, such as Aeris in FF7 as a separate example.  I'm not sure why the characters couldn't cast a Phoenix-Down on her or even have her rest in an inn or tent.  I mean, what's the difference between being stabbed with a sword and being blown apart by a giant reality-bending anti-gravity elemental beam that tears the very fabric of the space-time-continuum and literally shows the entire solar-system being obliterated into particles?

Basically, the answer is plot-armor.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2013, 01:58:38 AM »

I will add this...I loathe sidious without limits...I would have preferred he be a clone and was cut down...you could still have the annie boo boo lose all sense and go sith due to the situation...this way the clone giving up all of its worthless life in a burst of evil energy...no never mind...I fall back on the fact I hate sidious on every level.

Light side points please Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »

I will add this...I loathe sidious without limits...I would have preferred he be a clone and was cut down...you could still have the annie boo boo lose all sense and go sith due to the situation...this way the clone giving up all of its worthless life in a burst of evil energy...no never mind...I fall back on the fact I hate sidious on every level.

For a Jedi, loathing Sidious is perhaps the point. He had fairly similar feelings towards Jedi. Wink

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Darth Zant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Ruler of the Twilight Realm

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2013, 08:06:55 PM »

I don't know Saesee Tiin has a pretty bad ass scene in the animated clone wars cartoon(non 3d) and he rocks a sweet set of armor. Plus both him and Eeth Koth were on the Head Council and they were facing Palpatine. Yoda even failed against him and had to go into exile.

Yoda didn't fail, he got discouraged and wussed out. Although instead of blocking the lightning, he should'dve done what Revan did. (Now THAT's handing you your ass on a cortosis platter. Grin)

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »

Yoda didn't fail, he got discouraged and wussed out. Although instead of blocking the lightning, he should'dve done what Revan did. (Now THAT's handing you your ass on a cortosis platter. Grin)

So what DID Revan do? *I'm curious*

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Darth Zant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Ruler of the Twilight Realm

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2013, 03:08:38 AM »

He absorbed and sent it right back at her, saying "I am Revan reborn, and before me you are nothing."

Xavier Temple
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 17

Not all masks hide darkness...

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2013, 07:22:03 AM »

He absorbed and sent it right back at her, saying "I am Revan reborn, and before me you are nothing."

What is that from? It have been an age since I played the original KOTOR.

Light side points please!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: