Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to change soundfonts  (Read 4391 times)
LiethStarKiller
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Knights of Antioch

« on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »

Hello guys,
I recently received my first ever sound lightsaber (a Archon V2.1) and I am wondering how to change soundfonts on the saber. I just bought a mini USB cable from the store, but I am a bit confused by the "launchers" and the different versions. Could someone please explain to me how exactly to change the soundfonts in my saber? I saw a couple people posting that doing it wrong can destroy your soundboard, and I don't want to mess up. The more steps and more details the better! lol. Also, if there is another thread on this already, would you please direct me to it?
Thank you so much guys!

Aeon LE V3 Guardian Blue
Archon V2.1 Counselor Green
Malice Blazing Red

Darth Remoss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »

My favorite saber in my collection is an archon v2.
I destroyed a soundboard once... Almost stopped me from ever trying to change my sound font again. Turns out I had used the wrong version of the obsidian launcher (2.2.2).

Make sure you download the latest launcher if your saber is newer than February 2013! (3.04? Something like that.)

Then choose the font you want, download it onto your computer, unzip the contents, then start the launcher.
You want to turn on your saber, the. Connect it to the computer via cable. It should connect and your saber will turn off. Don't freak out. Then you just drag the files from the left to the right of the screen. Click the button that 'write to device' (I think) and done. Your saber will turn back on and THEN YOU UNPLUG your saber. Enjoy!

Bellicose: BR/AS FoC [Obsidian]
Phantasm LE v3: AB [Stunt]
Archon v2.1: GB/AS FoC [Obsidian]
Manticore: DVA [Grab Bag]

Darth_Holku
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:50:11 AM »

I have the new emerald driver and latest obsidian program, however I cannot figure out how to change the fonts.  When I connect my saber (scorpion - Flipping beautiful!), I only see the emerald color scale and everything under the "Sound Board" is greyed out.  I have fonts saved in a file on my desktop, but I can't drop them into the sound folder of my ultrasabers file.  Whenever I do, it says, I can't save it there due to not having permission.  I'm not sure what else to do... Sad

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »

I have the new emerald driver and latest obsidian program, however I cannot figure out how to change the fonts.  When I connect my saber (scorpion - Flipping beautiful!), I only see the emerald color scale and everything under the "Sound Board" is greyed out.  I have fonts saved in a file on my desktop, but I can't drop them into the sound folder of my ultrasabers file.  Whenever I do, it says, I can't save it there due to not having permission.  I'm not sure what else to do... Sad

You can right click on the Ultrasabers folder, click properties, and in the security tab, you can allow 'everyone' read/write access. You'll be able to copy the files in the folder then, but it will still work uploading them from the desktop.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: