Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Harry Potter thread  (Read 40472 times)
rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »

I've embraced the serpent!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »

I've embraced the serpent!

We don't need to know what you do offline.  Wink

I found all my audiobooks, now I need to find a cassette deck.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:18:06 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »

Shocked

anywhoooo....

I've just finished reading the third book. Forgot how small they are, I've gotten used to reading much longer novels- next one isn't so small though. Been good to read them again Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »

I was talking with my wife this last weekend while we were driving to the mountains and I asked her which house she would be sorted in.  She thinks Ravenclaw / Hufflepuff - Ravenclaw because she is a constant researcher / reader /  etc Hufflepuff because she is a constant researcher / hard working etc.  We both agreed most likely Ravenclaw. 

When I asked about me she said Gryffindor - obviously.   She was shocked that I had a different opinion.  I was leaning more towards Hufflepuff - loyalty/ hard working etc.  versus Slytherin - Ambitious, Cunning etc. 

She was very disturbed that I even brought up the notion that I could be Slytherin.   I brought up Snape and she said yeah, but he was a death eater!

She was very disgusted by it.  I think in the end we both agreed Gryffindor  most likely due to the bravery / determination thing but I would not mind really any house other than Ravenclaw simply because I am not a Ravenclaw. 

She cited bravery in battle, at my current job, how I use to be a bully beater upper in school and how I often act in haste more with bravery and confidence over thinking things out etc. 

Of course with degree in psychology for her and my intense interest in psychology it turned into a lengthy and interesting debate.

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

rezeb360
Knight Major

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »

Roll Eyes What I meant was, that I have embraced being in Slytherin house. I was a bit disappointed, that I wasn't in Hufflepuff.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

Oh few glad to know you aren't hugging rattlers.  Smiley

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »

Ok a challenge among ourselves...since we are not all from the same part of the world...consider a small magic school, with one founder/house.

Note the school name, location, pic of area if possible/school also if you like, founder's name and backstory, house/school colors, mascot, and any other particulars you would like to add.

What fun right?

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2013, 03:48:38 AM »

Wythe Polymagical Institute and General Wizarding Academy, Williamsburg, Virginia, United States

founded by George Wythe (1726-1806) in 1786, It is a small school that was originally located in the Wythe House, but later (c1950) moved several hundred feet down and expanded to accommodate up to one hundred students, however as WPI GWA only accepted the very brightest witches and wizards until the nineties when the Educational Equality Act was passed only recently have they had as many students. School colors are Silver, Blue, and Gold for peacefulness, Truth, Loyalty and wisdom. the school mascot is a pearly white stag with golden antlers. The motto is pacem per superiores cerebri virtute, or peace through superior brain power.

Yours truly is a graduate of this fine establishment of magical learning, Middle of the class with top marks in transfiguration and the defensive arts.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2013, 03:55:27 AM »

Wythe Polymagical Institute and General Wizarding Academy, Williamsburg, Virginia, United States

founded by George Wythe (1726-1806) in 1786, It is a small school that was originally located in the Wythe House, but later (c1950) moved several hundred feet down and expanded to accommodate up to one hundred students, however as WPI GWA only accepted the very brightest witches and wizards until the nineties when the Educational Equality Act was passed only recently have they had as many students. School colors are Silver, Blue, and Gold for peacefulness, Truth, Loyalty and wisdom. the school mascot is a pearly white stag with golden antlers. The motto is pacem per superiores cerebri virtute, or peace through superior brain power.

Yours truly is a graduate of this fine establishment of magical learning, Middle of the class with top marks in transfiguration and the defensive arts.

Well done...point!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2013, 03:59:01 AM »

thank you!

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2013, 05:31:08 AM »

Near Colorado Springs, in a secluded section of the great forest is the Blackstone Academy of Thaumaturgy.

Founded in 1831 by Harry Bouton, later becoming a famous stage magician within the muggle world going by the name Harry Blackstone. Harry would travel the world looking for those with the gift that had fallen through the cracks of administration of the ministry of magic as well as taking on those students with potential but were not comfortable in larger schools.

Blackstone Academy is unique in the wizarding world as it accepts squibs into the academic process.

Through his travels Harry met a few others who were more interested in a focus of individual attention and together they founded the Blackstone Academy.  

Harry Bouton/ or Blackstone, acted as a member of the council and alternated with Madelaine Hawthorne as Head Master of Academics.  

The primary direction of the Blackstone Academy is to provide a long term boarding facility, a strong foundation of magic education as well as advanced mathematical studies, and continued applications beyond the basics of primary requirements.  There are several students pursuing advanced degrees in post graduate studies.

The school was built upon the strongest crossover lay lines in North America.  This natural source of power provides a perfect battery for the school's defensive and illusionary spells as well as being a lighthouse for the magical creatures all around...being drawn to the forests around the school.  With this fact there is a special consideration for studies of magical creatures. Within the area of the Academy is a rare species of dragon; the Rocky Mountain Whiptail.  They are rather small at 10', slender, and weak flyers...but they are exceptionally fast and masters of camouflage.

The school has dormitory berthing for 75 with additional apartments for teachers and advanced students.

Due to the focus on academics the school does not have a house Quidditch team, but they do have a house race team.  This team competes throughout the year, using the tournaments to gain more knowledge and experience by collecting data on the local flora and fauna of the locations visited.

Many see the students of Blackstone's as bookworms, and this is true in many cases...but they are also strong willed, stoic, and resourceful.  All traits that serve them well in the deep forests, caves, and other difficult zones that their field studies take them.

Blackstone Academy school colors are burgundy and silver; burgundy for the strength of character and silver for integrity.

The school mascot is a Black Wolf.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:35:05 AM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »

I bow to your photoshop prowess! and detailed description, Point!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2013, 03:50:25 PM »

I bow to your photoshop prowess! and detailed description, Point!

Thank you thank you!

I was thinking of New Orleans as a shamanistic school of magic...studying the more primal magics.  A school with a dubious past with voodoo and zombies being what everyone thinks of.

I will knock this one out in a few...making breakfast right now  lol  Cheesy

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »

Nestled within the garden district of New Orleans is a beautiful antebellum styled mansion, small compared to many, baring many European flourishes...but what it hides behind the walls is the Laveau Boarding School of Magic.  The main schoolastic focus is basic magical education, with special attention to hermetics, alchemy, occultism, and primal magics.

Head Masters and co-founders,  Havaso and Antoinette Laveau, were classically trained wizard and witch from the French LaPartiza School of Magic.  They met in school, fell in love, and married young...divorced and married again and again...12 times in total...ending in them being married a final 13th time.  Their passion for each other was only exceeded by their desire to discover hidden and lost magics.  This led to many expeditions into deep dark jungles and remote locations around the globe.  Shaman, druids, medicine men, and voodoo were of particular interest.  These primal magics lead to many of their arguments and breakups due to the dark nature of many of these subjects.

The school does have a long and storied history of dealings with dark magic.  Some of their students have gone on to be known as troublesome and rebellious.  As this is a matter of great concern for the Ministry of Magic, there are routine surprise inspections of the school and interviews with the student body/teachers.

Due to this reputation the school has agreed to a limited student body of 61, the number having some particular significance to the Laveau's.

In 1769 the school was established.  The icon or mascot is the Golden Orb Spider...the students going by the nick name Weavers.  School colors are gold and purple...gold for the pursuit of knowledge and purple for respect.  The Laveau house favors those students who are self motivated, clever, and are fearless.

A curious aspect is the student's choice of familiar, all students have ravens as their pets.

Individuals within the student body have participated in Quidditch events, the school sponsors a team every year, though this is not a focus of the school.  The school also sponsors a dueling club, grooming many champions in several divisions.

The famous muggle witch, Marie Laveau, was in fact a squib and daughter to the school's head masters.  Her insight into the wizarding world and a special talent for communing with the dead made her very popular.  She was allowed to act as a known witch to distract the view of actual magics going on in New Orleans, including the school and Julu Dante Quarter.

Also in New Orleans is the Julu Dante Quarter.  A magically hidden center of commerce tucked away within the famous French Quarter; offering shopping, services, and restaurants.  There are many accesses to the hidden Quarter, most through mundane shops and buildings...open a door, shut it, knock three times, open it again...that sort of thing.  Within the Juju Dante Quarter are several shops dealing with more arcane items and services...many dark magics hidden within those shops.  A famous wand maker, Charles Percival Wyvern, is known for his painstakingly crafted wands...using cores of unknown origin...once opened the cores turn to ash.  His wands are reputed to be temperamental and tricky to master, constantly providing a stubborn resistance...but over time and in moments of need these wands can prove to be exceptionally strong and noteworthy.

There is evidence that zombies protect the school, lurking about in plain sight...as homeless, street people, and vagrants.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:41:48 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

rezeb360
Knight Major

« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »

Shocked I...want...to...go!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: