Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Upgrading from Seoul P4 to 10 watt LEDengin.  (Read 1093 times)
Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« on: September 09, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »

Hey guys! So, Im upgrading my blazing red Raven from Seoul P4 to 10 watt deep red LEDengin. I think the Seoul P4 is too orange/pink... (and yes, I have used it in both UE and regular). My question is this:
I have a Raven with the original Obsidian Soundboard. I emailed Ultrasabers if I could make this upgrade, and asked what I would need. They said all I would have to do is cut off the current LED and add the new one, and it should work fine. That being said, I thought it was too good to be true. So I asked them if there would be any issues with the battery as in its life. Currently, from the time I turn my saber on, to when it dies is around 40 mins. Would getting a 10 watt drain this even faster? They replied and said they don't answer technical questions like that, as they specialize in the sabers that they make currently. So Im turning to the forums. Im not a tech savy guy, AT ALL. Does anybody know what would happen if I just added the new LED? Or is there something else I should do/add?

It makes me wonder, if its as easy as just adding the 10 watt LED, why don't they do it? They would have the cheapest brightest sabers on the market (obviously, there are the REALLY bright sabers around the $700 range and up, but at an overall look, they would be the brightest). I know the LED is a little more expensive, but when you are already buying a saber for $290 to $500, whats another $20 - $60?  I would at least think it would be an option.

Darth Yega

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Xavier Temple
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 17

Not all masks hide darkness...

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »

Please keep me in the loop about this, I would love to upgrade the red LEDs in my sabrestaff, and if it is as easy as swapping in a new LED I am SO up for that.  The current LED says LEDengin on it, I think it is a 5W, not the 10W.

Light side points please!

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »

Please keep me in the loop about this, I would love to upgrade the red LEDs in my sabrestaff, and if it is as easy as swapping in a new LED I am SO up for that.  The current LED says LEDengin on it, I think it is a 5W, not the 10W.

Will do for sure man! Wink

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: