Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Star Wars’ Spinoffs Are ‘Origin Stories’; First One Based on Han Solo?  (Read 2360 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: September 13, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »

Putting rumors aside that Star Wars: Episode VII might be titled A New Dawn and that Benedict Cumberbatch may be playing a Sith villain in the new trilogy, we do know that Disney, Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams will be shooting the first new live-action Star Wars installment next year for a 2015 release.

We also know that after it releases, the Star Wars franchise will expand into new territory with spinoffs based on screenplays in the works by Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg according to Lucasfilm and Disney boss Bob Iger. Episode 7 is just the beginning in what we can now confirm will be annualized releases, and the first non-episodic project might be an origin story for Han Solo.

At the  Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference, Disney CFO Jay Rasulo spoke on the topic of Star Wars explaining that the the market is “extremely hot” for any form of media pertaining to the brand from a galaxy far, far away.

In addition to increased revenue from licensing and expanding internationally with that avenue – and increased merchandising in various forms – Disney plans to make their first priority the crafting of a great live-action feature film to bring the saga back to theaters. According to Variety, Rasulo confirmed that the plan for Lucasfilm is to indeed have one Star Wars film per year, beginning with Star Wars: Episode VII and followed up by “origin story films” in between the trilogy installments.

The official word, although not specific, coincides with previous statements from Disney execs and reports claiming that characters including Han Solo and Boba Fett would get their own spinoffs, telling stories of their younger adventures. Bleeding Cool claims that Disney has already begun the casting process for a young Han Solo for what would likely be the first of the origin stories, a monumental task for the simple reason that it’s almost impossible to picture another actor stepping into Harrison Ford’s iconic Han Solo shoes.

If Star Wars Origins: Han Solo is in development for 2016 and casting has already begun, we can expect many announcements on the official Lucasfilm website in the coming year since production would need to begin in the next Star Wars film before Episode VII even hits theaters. More Millenium Falcon and Chewbacca the better, right?

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-spinoffs-han-solo-origin-stories

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:40:04 PM »

They'd better do good casting, but I am sooooo in favor of more Solo and the Wookiee. Cool

Dude, who else thinks that's a TV show right there? Coming this fall at 7, Solo and the Wookiee! lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »

They'd better do good casting, but I am sooooo in favor of more Solo and the Wookiee. Cool

Dude, who else thinks that's a TV show right there? Coming this fall at 7, Solo and the Wookiee! lol

A TV show about Han and Chewie's adventures?  I would be all over that.

It will be hard seeing someone else playing Han Solo, but still definitely looking forward to a movie based on him.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »

As long as they don't frelling touch Yoda, I could be ok with this.  No Yoda origin movie!!!!!

Also, as long as they don't royally screw over the Expanded Universe. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »

As long as they don't frelling touch Yoda, I could be ok with this.  No Yoda origin movie!!!!!

Also, as long as they don't royally screw over the Expanded Universe. 

I don't think a Yoda origin movie is possible.  It would have to be a Harry Potter length series.  Which part of his 900 years would it be about?   Tongue

I wouldn't hold my breath on the EU though.  They will probably do whatever will make for a better movie regardless of the EU.  Although it would be nice if they could at least loosely incorporate it.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »

There is a very strong chance you will see a Seven Samurai type film starring Yoda; it has been talked about the most since Disney acquired Lucasfilm.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

I have only three demands for a possible Yoda film.

1) Don't tell me where he's from or what his species is. I like that mystery to him and it needs to stay there to preserve the character.
2) Don't make him all CG again. It didn't do it for me. It doesn't look right. Either get WAY better at matching it to the puppet, or get a puppet in there with the CG to balance it all out.

and lastly...

3) Don't make it another lousy kids movie. If you cram ROTS style humor into a Yoda movie, part of my childhood will die a horrible obscene death. I barely weathered it for ROTS. I doubt my ability to do it again, especially after the Clone Wars film. I liked the show, but the movie did little for me save it's awesome soundtrack which I bought immediately upon seeing the film. Cheesy

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:20:06 PM »

There is a very strong chance you will see a Seven Samurai type film starring Yoda; it has been talked about the most since Disney acquired Lucasfilm.

I could handle Yoda being in a film.  I could even handle him being one of the main protagonists.  But to reveal his species/homeworld/how-he-became-Jedi would destroy part of what makes the character so damn interesting in the first place. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 02:14:31 AM »

I think I would rather see a Millennium  Falcon origin than a Han Solo one... unless it pretty much centered on his days in the Imperial Academy and how, when he earned the Corellian Blood Stripes.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: