Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth _____ ???  (Read 58982 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« on: June 21, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »

Are you a newly fallen Sith Lord, or a Jedi that tells yourself "if only I had a Sith Name" I could fall, get the Crimson Lightsaber, the works "  Can You Not Come Up With a Bad Ass Name On Your Own?? 

Then simply tell me what you consider your greatest attributes/strongest characteristics are, and I will do all I can to come up with a Killer Sith Mantle for you, before you get back from Moisture Farming Wink lmao

Seriously, if your having some trouble with your Sith Name............. Let me take a swing at it and I shall see what I can do

(Thanks To Nero for the Inspiration to Create This Thread)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:20:20 PM »

This should be interesting.  I probably shouldn't have suggested this at all, since it might end up as a Sith recruiting thread haha

Darth Dexuis
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -23

I Am The Bloody Right Hand Of My Master.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 04:37:20 PM »

Ok I'll bite Wraith. Ok my strongest attributes.......... I suppose I'm a good leader, I like to get stuck in and get my hands dirty. Is that enough to go on?

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »

I will bite as well.  I've been trying to come up with a full name and a Sith name for a while now and nothing has stuck yet.

I would like to have something to do with fire.  Both my blades are Pyrestone and fire has always been my element - I've even thought it might be cool to have my sabers less stable than most so that they radiate more heat and could actually burn you if you got within a few inches of the blade.  My swings are wide, quick, and constant so that would allow for the overly hot blades.

Fighting Style:  I'm a dual wielder and with that comes a fighting style that uses many distractions.  Whether it be one of my blades feigning an incoming strike, the environment, or just my movement I try to have you guessing my moves wrong to gain an advantage and hit from the unproteceted area.  Fight smart and quick with the passion on simmer, not rage-mode.  Also, not sure which of the 7 styles this would be considered, but I try to keep my blades constantly in motion and go for quick (not necessarily aggressive) attacks while keeping my defense very flexible. 

I keep trying to incorporate the concept of shadows in a name to reflect all of that too.  Always there, difficult to see/predict, and hard to hit - plus I'm a grey sith anyway, so no aversion to the dark or sneaky connotation there.  What Starkiller does in the dark room full of storm troopers for the TFUII trailer is right up my alley!

Other Atributes: Creative.  Not quite the master strategist Thrawn is, but with some of the same cleverness in using others' stregths against them and finding creative, unexpected solutions to problems in general.  Adaptive and spontaneous.

I know, probably too much info, but there you go.  Have at it!

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -36

Owner of "We Cook Ewoks", Fine Restaurant

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »

My dear Darkhorse, what a shame that you have not your own Sith name ! I will do everything that I could do to help you. I swear as Darth Khyros.

May I suggest :

— Darth Pyrion (From Pyros, Fire in ancient greek)
— Dart Furnous ( Quite a mix with Furious, typically associated with fire, and furnace, or Fournaise, french word that I have in mind)
— Darth Ignis (Latin word for fire)
— Darth Salmender (Salamander, a fire lizard)
— Darth Efrit (Efreet, the fire spirit from norse mythology)
— Darth Agnious (Agni, fire divinity from India)
— Darth Firepunch (Just 'cause I'm out of ideas)

Hope that will help. I focus only on the fire aspect you mentioned, to much sneaky siths with shadowy names.

Clawed Dark Prophecy LE Violet Amethyst
Standard Issue Arctic Blue
Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Friends' sabers I offered : 12

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:45:38 AM »

I am a newly-converted sith that is about to purchase my sith weapon very soon. Since I am not very creative when it comes to names, I'll give this a shot!

Darkhorse V, you and I are opposites. For I associate myself with water and I absolutely love blue colors.

I'm a traditional, single-saber wielder. I'm more of a duelist, but can adapt to fighting against two or more opponents in the heat of battle. I favor both the graceful form II and the brutal form V.

The harshest lesson my opponents learn is: "NEVER judge a book by it's cover."

Delete this account.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 03:55:46 AM »

Furry:
Darth Serenus

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:56 AM »

Ok I'll bite Wraith. Ok my strongest attributes.......... I suppose I'm a good leader, I like to get stuck in and get my hands dirty. Is that enough to go on?

Okay, I started thinking about Leadership and referencing it with Latin, Leadership=Ductus in Latin, and in all honesty I kept trying to come up with something cool in that regard, and couldn't come up with anything that didn't make you sound like a "Duck" lol

However, with what you said about getting your hands dirty, I started researching terms relating to this, and found something that I personally think is really cool:

Your Left Hand (as it is said in Latin) is translated in the word: "Sinistra"  in that your left is your "sinister side"

So if Darth Sinistra or Darth Sinestra sounds cool and menacing my work is done Wink , if not no worries, I'll go again and see what I can come up with

(In All Sweet Honesty Folks, I Had Weeks To Put Together The Names That I Have Stuck To, but I will do the very best I can on the fly Wink )
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:06:57 AM by Darth Wraith » Logged

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 05:32:20 AM »

I will bite as well.  I've been trying to come up with a full name and a Sith name for a while now and nothing has stuck yet.

I would like to have something to do with fire.  Both my blades are Pyrestone and fire has always been my element - I've even thought it might be cool to have my sabers less stable than most so that they radiate more heat and could actually burn you if you got within a few inches of the blade.  My swings are wide, quick, and constant so that would allow for the overly hot blades.

Fighting Style:  I'm a dual wielder and with that comes a fighting style that uses many distractions.  Whether it be one of my blades feigning an incoming strike, the environment, or just my movement I try to have you guessing my moves wrong to gain an advantage and hit from the unproteceted area.  Fight smart and quick with the passion on simmer, not rage-mode.  Also, not sure which of the 7 styles this would be considered, but I try to keep my blades constantly in motion and go for quick (not necessarily aggressive) attacks while keeping my defense very flexible. 

I keep trying to incorporate the concept of shadows in a name to reflect all of that too.  Always there, difficult to see/predict, and hard to hit - plus I'm a grey sith anyway, so no aversion to the dark or sneaky connotation there.  What Starkiller does in the dark room full of storm troopers for the TFUII trailer is right up my alley!

Other Atributes: Creative.  Not quite the master strategist Thrawn is, but with some of the same cleverness in using others' stregths against them and finding creative, unexpected solutions to problems in general.  Adaptive and spontaneous.

I know, probably too much info, but there you go.  Have at it!

Well My Brother Darkhorse, I don't want to disappoint you Wink ,so let me see what I can do:

I was referencing Sword, and Fire and came upon this:   Ferro Ignique which literally translated is "With Fire and Sword" in Latin, You can Thereby Combine Those Two Terms into this Mantle:  "Darth Ferroque" this could be shortened to "Darth Ferro"  (it kind of sound like Pharaoh, and that is cool in my book Wink )

Also in your search to incorporate "Shadow" into your name I referenced the words Shadow, and Night, which resulted in me finding the Latin Term for Shadow:  "Umbra" now similar to the 1rst name I came up with (and my attempts to stay away from the word Duck lol) I was having a hard time coming up with something that didn't sound like Umbrella lol  Tongue , and you said you wanted to incorporate Your Blades, Not Your Umbrella lol  Wink.  From there on I started researching the word Night, in latin seeing what I would come up with, which resulted in the following:  "Nox" is the Latin Term for our word "Night".  Also it should be noted that I came upon the Latin Translation of the English word Conflagration which is "Incendium"  If you put these two terms together, you can create the Title of Darth Noxendium (which could be translated as Hellish Night) (To Me, it also kind of sounds like "The Unending Inferno Within The Night")

Again, this is the best I can come up with on short notice, PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID TO HURT MY FELLINGS , if you don't like the Titles I come up with, please let me know, and I shall go back to the drawing board Wink

Iyce
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 26

Off-White Jedi

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 05:44:01 AM »

Cool names. Maybe have a little variation from Darth, though.

"Was that a droideka I cut in half? Huh! Didn't notice!"

Sabers I Want        Sabers I Have
Metal Grab Bag
War Glaive Staff
Dark Initiate LE
Aeon RGB

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 05:56:13 AM »

I am a newly-converted sith that is about to purchase my sith weapon very soon. Since I am not very creative when it comes to names, I'll give this a shot!

Darkhorse V, you and I are opposites. For I associate myself with water and I absolutely love blue colors.

I'm a traditional, single-saber wielder. I'm more of a duelist, but can adapt to fighting against two or more opponents in the heat of battle. I favor both the graceful form II and the brutal form V.

The harshest lesson my opponents learn is: "NEVER judge a book by it's cover."

Okay, I'm gonna have fun with this one  Grin , I get to reference My Favorite Dark Lord of the Sith (Darth Caedus) , his name was taken from "The Divine Comedy" Written by Dante Alighieri back in the 14th Century.  The name references the final of the 9 circles of the Inferno (Hell), wherein Lucifer is (according to Catholic Tradition) Frozen In Place Deep In The Pits of Judecca, within the Final Lake within the Inferno, The Frozen Lake of Cocytus.  (did we all enjoy our History lesson today lmao Wink )

Anyway, since we can't use "Darth Caedus", because it's sort of taken lol  Undecided , we will only use part of this term and combine it with another one.  The Latin word for Ice is Glacies, and therefore you could combine these to terms to create a name such as "Darth Glaedus" or "Darth Glaydus".  (This could be translated (because Lake Cocytus shall never melt) as "The Undying Ice", or "The Eternal Ice")

Also since we are trying to sound Intimidating, and Horrid  Grin, we could go at it from this regard, taking the term Glacies and combining it with the term "Everlasting" (which is Aeternus in Latin), in which you could combine these two terms to create a name such as "Darth Glaenus" or "Darth Aetercies" (which could be translated to The Eternal Winter)

Let Me Know What You Think, and Be Honest  Wink

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »

Cool names. Maybe have a little variation from Darth, though.

We're Sith, it's kindof our thing lol  Wink

Optional Surnames for Your Mantle's: 

For A Man:  Lord, Dark Lord, Dread Lord, Master (I guess, but it makes you sound like a Jedi)

For A Woman:  Lady, Mistress, Lord, Dark Lord, Dread Lord (I guess, but this feels like a Very Masculine Title  Undecided )

I could type out the definition of the word "Darth" and it's etymology but I've just typed a CRAP TON and my fingers need a break lol  Wink

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

There You Go, It's Story Time  Wink lmao

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »

I already have a Sith name(obviously), but perhaps I should have you come up with a name for my apprentice.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:30 AM »

I already have a Sith name(obviously), but perhaps I should have you come up with a name for my apprentice.

If you would like me to My Brother in Darkness, I'll give it a whirl  Wink

Just let me know where you would like me to get my reference material  Grin

Darth Dexuis
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -23

I Am The Bloody Right Hand Of My Master.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »

Okay, I started thinking about Leadership and referencing it with Latin, Leadership=Ductus in Latin, and in all honesty I kept trying to come up with something cool in that regard, and couldn't come up with anything that didn't make you sound like a "Duck" lol

However, with what you said about getting your hands dirty, I started researching terms relating to this, and found something that I personally think is really cool:

Your Left Hand (as it is said in Latin) is translated in the word: "Sinistra"  in that your left is your "sinister side"

So if Darth Sinistra or Darth Sinestra sounds cool and menacing my work is done Wink , if not no worries, I'll go again and see what I can come up with

(In All Sweet Honesty Folks, I Had Weeks To Put Together The Names That I Have Stuck To, but I will do the very best I can on the fly Wink )

Not too bad Wraith, I do like Darth Sinestra but I'm not a lefty  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: