Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Device configuration failed  (Read 7805 times)
shadowtrixie
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 21, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »

Hi there,

So I just received my 1st ever lightsaber but I'm having a hard time with the obsidian launcher; I cannot change any sounds on the soundcard.
Everytime I click on write sound files, it says device configuration failed. The launcher still detects and gives me the serial number of my soundcard.
I can change the settings like flash on clash etc but I can't install any new sound effects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »

Have you tried rebooting or installing both launchers?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

shadowtrixie
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:43:02 AM »

Yes I did reboot my computer, saber everything. As for both launcher I'm not sure I understand. I'm using the v3.0.4 launcher since I have an obsidian 3.0 soundboard.
I tried again today, still no success.  Sad

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »

Try installing the 2.X.X launcher then reinstall the 3.X.X, the use the 3.X.X. That worked for me.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »

I have the same problem.

Why is it necessary to install an older launcher if you already have the latest? (Btw i have cleared all default sounds before adding new ones)

Sabers I own: Shock LE/Sentinel yellow
                      Monarch (nickle)/Bane's Heart/Blazing Red
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst (Raffle prize)
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst   < ^ = Staff
                      Catalyst (Emerald)

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »

^Some parts of the older one just seem to make the device drivers work easier.

C=Custom, D=Dark

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »

Found a solution! I went into the obsidian's properties - compatibility and ticked the box 'Run this program as an administrator'

Every time I run the program now I have to click yes to get access, but it now downloads sound fonts to my saber.

I recommend anyone who is having this problem to do this.

I am running windows 7 and have only ever installed version 3.0.4.

Hope this helps  Wink Cheesy

Catalyst (Emerald)

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 04:56:07 AM »

^Thank you! Now I can help others!

C=Custom, D=Dark

shadowtrixie
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 02:47:11 AM »

Nope, none of this worked, on top of that I'm now getting an error message when I open obsidian launcher: An unexpected error has occured. Please contact support if the problem persists.
I tried installing the 2.2.2 and then install 3.0.4, no success, I reinstalled the 3.0.4 five times, downloaded it 3 times still not working. Tried the administrator, doesn't work. Anyone else had any other ideas because right now
I think I might have a faulty soundcard.

shadowtrixie
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 03:21:11 AM »

I just noticed something; the memory status of the saber is full, but I only have the default sounds installed. The saber is properly detected by my computer.

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »

Nope, none of this worked, on top of that I'm now getting an error message when I open obsidian launcher: An unexpected error has occured. Please contact support if the problem persists.
I tried installing the 2.2.2 and then install 3.0.4, no success, I reinstalled the 3.0.4 five times, downloaded it 3 times still not working. Tried the administrator, doesn't work. Anyone else had any other ideas because right now
I think I might have a faulty soundcard.

Have you deleted all default sounds before putting your new ones in?
What operating system are you using?
Did you buy your saber recently? If so you should only need version 3.0.4

Catalyst (Emerald)

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »

I just noticed something; the memory status of the saber is full, but I only have the default sounds installed. The saber is properly detected by my computer.

Might be a glitch. Mine wouldn't preview the sounds yesterday until I shut down and restarted my computer.

Catalyst (Emerald)

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »

For Device configuration failed errors please make sure this is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher or any sort or type or version whatsoever as the administrator and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher). 

Make sure the saber is turned on and then while the saber is already on plug it into your computer with a Mini USB cable.  Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »

^Thanks for a great summary deep. We should have a topic that you make with that at the head and pinned.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: