Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Perfect Initiate v3 balanced for spin... which blade?  (Read 1471 times)
Tuel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« on: September 21, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »

My first US is a prophecy v3 with e 36" heavygrade... perfect in two handed battle but i have some promblems with the second and the third form.... One handed with that blade is hard because the balance is more towards the tip.

So i'm looking for a light saber only for one handed especially for spin!! I'm thinking about the initiate v3 (no sound with li-ion battery only) but i have a question:
Which is more balanced between the 24" and the 32" (MIDGRADE not HG because this saber will be only for solo practice)?
9.5" hilt is sufficient for a 32" mid grade? i don't want to repeat the same error and if is better balanced the 24" i'll go with it regardless of aesthetics!!

Can someone ,who has got one of these, post a pic of the balance point?

thank u guys  Smiley Smiley

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 01:47:26 PM »

A 32" Midgrade in your Prophecy will work out nicely for single hand use. However if your wanting another saber just for single hand use a Initiate V3 is the way to go

dark side points please

Tuel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »

A 32" Midgrade in your Prophecy will work out nicely for single hand use.
unfortunately for that saber i need a HG for contact... maybe i can order another blade but i have high shipment cost and taxes for my country and so i prefer buy a new saber if i have to pay them anyway.
can you tell me something about the blades for the initiate v3?

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »

I got Initiate V2s, the Midgrade blades 32" and 24" feel great for spinning. I use the 24" for dual wielding, and 32" for single hand use. I don't have a Initiate V3 yet, but I'm sure it will be simular.

dark side points please

Lord Benzile
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -60

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »

on my intiates i use a HG 32'' blade with a shock or my archon pommel to balance the weight difference. When i use my mid grades 32" i use the catalyst pommels.

i made a video while back on it. You can fast forward to 4:00

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g402b9sGafk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g402b9sGafk</a>

The Dark Jedi Order.....There is no ignorance, there is knowledge with instinct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/benlosi/videos

Tuel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 09:19:31 AM »

thank you for your answers!
i think i'll try both... in this way i can put the 32" inch midgrade also in my prophecy. i'll post my impressions when i get them Wink

thanks again

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »

unfortunately for that saber i need a HG for contact... maybe i can order another blade but i have high shipment cost and taxes for my country and so i prefer buy a new saber if i have to pay them anyway.
can you tell me something about the blades for the initiate v3?

Though I'm a big fan of 36" heavy grades, I've not seen much of a durability difference from one to the other. A 32" mid will be strong, but have less flex than a heavy grade blade will. I agree that the 32" length will be ideal for a Prophecy, and with a HG version and a pommel such as the Archon's. (My son's Prophecy sports the classic [all silver] Archon pommel and the weight is perfect).

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: