Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Fire Orange Dark Standard Issue staff review  (Read 8867 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« on: June 21, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »

So it's finally time for me to do a review!  At long last I have my fire orange staff in my hands and I must say, it is all that I expected out of an Ultrasabers product.  I've seen the standard issue staff, but I have to say I REALLY like the contrast on the dark version between the black and the silver.  Truly a beauty to behold.  Overall I'm very happy, the 32" heavy grade blades are a good fit for the staff and allow for maneuverability in both staff form and as separate sabers.

I tried to get a variety of pics with the weapon both in staff form and dual saber mode.  Just a disclaimer, the golden color it shows in the picture isn't entirely accurate - the true color is much more orange, truly a fiery looking shade worthy of its name.

Apart from that... I guess there's not much more to tell.  Hilt feels sturdy and is free of obstructions which I like, balance is nice, the slanted emitter is wicked looking.  Finally, the color is just what I was looking for, and I cannot WAIT to take this baby for a test run tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Any questions or comments are welcome.  I can get some more pics of it if you'd like, just let me know what you want to know or see and I'd be happy to help out.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:18:31 PM »

VERY nice!! When I get a staff, I'm definitely getting a Standard Issue one!! Grin

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »

I also have a standard issue battle staff and I love it.  A very wise investment Nero!

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 05:10:06 AM »

Dude Nero! Great mind must think alike, because I have literally that exact saber staff XD It truly is awesome and fantastic for dueling. I spar with my brother and we used Ultraedge Heavygrades. We swing full force, and they have amazing durability.

Shock LE Consular Green
Dark Shock LE Blazing Red (Obsidian Soundboard)
Dark Standard Battle Staff Fire Orange

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 05:16:07 AM »

My staff disconnected, and to help show the orange color you were trying to explain to others.
And this is it connected

Shock LE Consular Green

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 05:19:07 AM »

And I just wanna say sry for posting my pics on your review Nero. It's just so awesome that you have the EXACT same saberstaff!

Shock LE Consular Green

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 07:15:33 AM »

Very Nice  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Brother From Another Jedi Mother Nero lmao Wink

Most Impressive Indeed  Cool

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »

And I just wanna say sry for posting my pics on your review Nero. It's just so awesome that you have the EXACT same saberstaff!

Hey don't worry about it man, I appreciate the additional pics - I had more but they were kind of repetitive and I was feeling lazy lol.  Honestly, they contribute towards my review since we have the same saber haha

I got to use it last night and it is very nice, the gf and I went outside and did a little dueling and wow does it have a good balance to it.  Now I just have to perfect my use of a staff... help me Artorius Vidnyl you're my only hope... haha.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »

Hey don't worry about it man, I appreciate the additional pics - I had more but they were kind of repetitive and I was feeling lazy lol.  Honestly, they contribute towards my review since we have the same saber haha

I got to use it last night and it is very nice, the gf and I went outside and did a little dueling and wow does it have a good balance to it.  Now I just have to perfect my use of a staff... help me Artorius Vidnyl you're my only hope... haha.

It would be my honor to train you!  Seriously can't wait to see you man.  Staff Dueling is a totally new level!

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »

Awesome saber man, glad you like it!  Seems very versatile.  I'm trying to figure out how to get the two halves of a staff to be either the same or opposite in direction - looks like you have the same issue from the pic up there.  If I get it figured out I'll let you know.  I'm thinking a thin washer under the coupler but I have yet to find one!

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 03:41:21 PM »

You're welcome Nero, it truly is a well balance saber. Cheesy

Shock LE Consular Green

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

I know this is an old post but killer saber staff. Sorry for posting on an old thread. I don't think I saw this one though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »

Is the Fire Orange a custom order or did you personally augment the LED?

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »

Is the Fire Orange a custom order or did you personally augment the LED?

Nope, you can get the Fire Orange from Ultra Sabers as one of the standard colors and it's very sweet. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

You can run, but you'll just die tired.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 05:38:14 AM »

That is a sweet staff. It looks very menacing Cheesy

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3
Chaplain - SY Phantom LE V2

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: