Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Dark Initiate LE v2 Review  (Read 2240 times)
JimOCWolfwood
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 27, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »

Hola Ultrasaber fans! I have recently had the pleasure of unboxing my first ultrasabers purchase, a Dark Initiate LE v2 in Violet Amethyst. I picked up the UltraEdge Heavy grade, and even with a lighter color, it is solid and bright. Even in the middle of the day, it lights up a room quite nice. The heavy hedge blade has taken a few harder hits than I would have liked, and there is very very little to show, they truly are quite heavy duty. The hilt is a good size for one handed use, if you are looking for a hilt to hold with two hands, I would recommend one that is longer.

Only two gripes - I wanted to upgrade the saber in the future, being my first purchase I did not want to drop too much money at once. This model does not have the screw ports for the blade emmiters to be installed in them. I wouldn't have minded if on the order page it had mentioned that the older models did not support this, then again, i'm sure if I had read more reviews I would have probably noticed someone mentioning it.

The other issue I had was the LE v2 has a nice black finish with the silver rings. Upon unpacking the blade, I noticed a few dings in the hilt where the black finish has worn off. I purchased this blade for battle/costumes so its not a huge deal, but my eyes do tend to go to those two spots first.

All in all, I am quite happy with this introductory blade.

4/5

Hope this helps anyone who may be interested in The Dark Initiate LE v2!

-Robert Rockhold

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »

The Initiates V2 and V3,the Dark Initiates V2 /V3, Bane, Prophecy V2/V3, Liberator V2 /V3, Aeon V2 /V3, and Dominix V2, V3 and Standard Issue V2 /V3 all are not MHS Emitter compatible. A MHS saber can have the emitter section and pommel section swapped out. These can not. However the pommel section of the V3 versions are MHS and can have the pommels swapped out. The V2s are not MHS compatible in any way. Hope this helps. Nice saber by the way.

dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: