Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Over Unity LED... a new possibility for Ultra Sabers?  (Read 2384 times)
srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« on: October 01, 2013, 04:30:39 AM »

I just read an article about a new type of LED that produces more watts than it consumes!

http://m.phys.org/news/2012-03-efficiency.html

Could we see these in future Ultra Sabers products? I sure hope so!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:49:30 AM »

How is this possible? It's basically free energy.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »

A pW is on trillionth of a Watt...  These things are not bright.  The way it seems to work is that the heat emitted from the entropy of the battery is reverted into energy.  Making them "230%" efficient.  It doesn't practically reproduce energy.  What they're saying is that if they can contain the heat energy in it's entirety and convert it into elector-magnetic energy, then in theory it could power itself forever.  That being said, at the "wattages" used to do this, it's not bright enough to do anything practical with.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:35:43 PM »

Right, but someday? How cool would this be!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »

Right, but someday? How cool would this be!

It would be the best thing ever!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: