Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Pokemon Origins’ Takes Anime Back to Gaming Roots  (Read 2944 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: September 30, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY</a>

It’s been roughly 15 years since Nintendo released Pokemon Red and Blue in North America, unleashing what would quickly become an unstoppable phenomenon that’s seen several iterations, a silly amount of merchandise, and a ridiculously popular trading card line.

The latest installments in the Pocket Monster franchise, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, are set to hit stores next month, but fans can’t help but reflect upon the original Game Boy titles with a sense of unrivalled nostalgia. It’s for this very reason that The Pokemon Company has put together a tribute to the original games in the form of an anime called Pokemon Origins. This 4-episode series explores the storyline of the original games from the perspective of the protagonist Red, and takes viewers through an animated walk down memory lane.

Everything from the original cast of characters to the classic start-up screen on the Game Boy are proof that The Pokemon Company has created this mini-series with the intent of appealing to long time fans. Given that the Nintendo subsidiary doesn’t plan on releasing Pokemon Red or Blue on the 3DS Virtual Console, this is definitely a solid option for gamers looking to relive what many believe to be the series’ glory days.

Pokemon Origins will kick off with the release of its first episode on November 15th and will be exclusively available for viewing on Pokemon TV. Fans can watch the show on the Pokemon TV website or on their tablets/mobile devices using the official apps for the service – all of which are completely free.

Since Pokemon X and Y feature the original starter Pokemon – and more importantly Mega Evolutions for Charizard, Blastoise, and Venasaur – it’s obvious that Game Freak and The Pokemon Company are on a bit of a throwback binge as of late. With many longtime fans and casual players wishing for yet another remake or re-release of Red Version and Blue Version, Pokemon Origins should help scratch that pesky original 151 itch.

Source: http://gamerant.com/pokemon-origins-teaser-trailer/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Crescent King
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

That sounds awesome. I stopped watching Pokemon after the second series. Now I just feel that they are running out of ideas by placing pokemon based off household items such as Chandeliermon and stuff.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »

Red and blue, nothing else...these are the true versions of Pokémon, maybe Yellow, too...I don't like the newer ones

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »

I love this idea. It should be an awesome mini series.

Now they just need to remake Ruby and Sapphire it's been over 10 years since they came out.

@ Crescent King
And Magnemite wasn't an object? He is a freaking Magnet! Geodude is just a rock, and Grimer is a Pile of sludge. Arguably they ran out of ideas in Gen 1...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:33:12 PM by Sky Dragon c5 » Logged

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:12:18 AM »

Of all the starter sets, my favorite is RSE with Treeko, Mudkip, & Torchic. Blaziken is THE best Fire/Fight starter, and don't you forget it! Also fun fact, the 3 starters from the first 3 generations that are considered Dragons (as they can learn d-type moves/TMs like Dragonbreath, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, & Dragon Tail) are Charizard, Feraligator, & Sceptile. Fanboy moment!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 03:20:11 AM »

That sounds awesome. I stopped watching Pokemon after the second series. Now I just feel that they are running out of ideas by placing pokemon based off household items such as Chandeliermon and stuff.

Chandelure.

And frankly, most Ghost Type pokemon are based on the concept of Tsukumogami, which are a type of Japanese spirit that possess household objects. I specialize in Ghost Types in game.

Aside from this, I can't stand "nogtalgia" critics with pokemon. The only bad generation really, was Gen 4. At least in my opinion. My argument against the whole being uncreative or running out of ideas...is I'd like to see somebody else sit down and come up with over 650 different and unique creatures with an elemental power system that is based on a whole system of unique logic. It's not easy. I've tried.

I've been a pokemon fan ever since the first game came out. However, I wasn't a friend of the anime. At first it was okay, but after a while there wasn't any more character development. Personally, I prefer the manga. It's much more "mature" and ties into the games better.

I look forward to this special, but part of me is saddened that it's only a four episode special. I'd love to see a more balanced, revamp of a pokemon anime based on this.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:07:51 AM »

@Darth_Phobius47
I love RSE Gen 3. It was the rebirth of the whole franchise in code and style. With double battles, abilities, an enhaced EV system. Plus I agree those starters are the best. Blaziken Kicks ass as the First Fire Figter, Swampert is just a tank being Water/Ground. Sceptile as you said is considered part dragon and thus kick ass. Although my Fav starter from the rest is Torterra for being Grass Ground. I love dual type starters, just not so many Fire Fightings.

Sorry such a big Pokmeon Player

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:21 AM »

I haven't watched the toon in a LONG time. I'm looking much forward to this.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 04:26:18 AM »

I literally just watched this, only a few hours ago. And not the trailer here on the thread, but I mean all four episodes of this OVA! IT WAS AWESOME!!!! The nostalgia was off the meter, OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah it was really cool. My favorite part was in Ep 4 when Red met Green (Blue for us Americanos & friends, I do mean Canadians and UKs) as the Champion of the Pokemon League, Green(Blue) said the exact same monologue as he did in the original Red & Green(Blue) versions as well as the revamped Fire Red & Leaf Green versions. You know what that means? It means Im the most powerful fanboy, IN THE WORLD! lol

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:02 AM »

^I love the Red and Green remakes, They hold up a lot better now than the older ones.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: