Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down
Author Topic: Coruscant (in character only)  (Read 26333 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« on: October 07, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »



Coruscant in view...the lights...the warmth of the whole of the whole glowing with a promise of interest and excitement.




Coruscant the surface details...the buildings stacked upon buildings...layers of wonder...each holding potential and drawing people from all over the galaxy.




Coruscant...the complexity of the vast city planet becomes a bit more clear as one approaches and is swallowed by the sheer volume man made structures.




Coruscant...each layer becoming brighter and bigger...awe inspiring.




Coruscant air pipes...driving fresh air down into the lower levels and drawing up the stale air from the same...massive and so very vital.




Coruscant the Western district...the old town...Notron Central...where some of the oldest families still make their homes and pull the strings of nearly all the aspects of planet wide politics and business.




Coruscant, Norton Central, H'ling Grand Convention Hall...home to more exotic pets and invasive feral creatures than any other planet...and today is the biggest pet show on this spectacular city planet...but more is going on than just a pet show...as with the planet, there are always layers...among the pet owners, exotic breeders, and buyers there are others...shadowy types...nefarious types...mingling among the mundane...are vipers and scorpions...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:11:24 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »

A faint, repeating set of trilling beeps from his alarm clock rousted Ikis from his slumber.  He rubbed his eyes and slowly rolled out of bed.  He was finally feeling back to normal again after the whirlwind of events of the past week.  He had been in and out of hyperspace for 4 days before limping back into Coruscant space in the damaged freighter.  The past three days he had spent in isolation and debriefing by the Jedi Council and Republic military.  They had wanted all the details he could provide from the time of the battle where he lost his master until the time he made it back.  Thankfully he had kept a fairly accurate recording of his travels, which also provided a pretty decent hyperspace map.  With turning in the recording and the astrogation logs from the freighter he came in on as well as the Sith lightsabers he had acquired, finally after all was said and done they said he was free to go and resume duty, but that they recommended he take a few days for himself to readjust.  He had been granted a simple lightsaber to use until he had time to craft a new one.  The council let him know that they might be contacting him again about the completion of his trials given the trials he had already been through during the year he was gone.

After showering and getting dressed in a fresh set of Jedi robes Ikis headed out the door for the hanger where the Coruscant defense force had tractored the freighter he had come in on.  They were in the process repairing it for him as it seems he had inherited from the former pilot if the Jedi Council let him keep it.  Something else he had inherited it seems was the cargo, which wasn't much except for an albino Kath Hound that was being brought in for delivery to a buyer at the pet show that was starting today.  Normally Ikis would consider freeing the animal on a proper planet, but it was apparent this animal had been captive bred and raised and it's demeanor was that of a pet.  After speaking with the hangar foreman got some assistance with a transport skiff that he could move the hover-cage onto to fly over to the pet show.  All he had was a time and a location for the delivery and a name of the person that would meet him, Rerdet Kosh.  Ikis hoped it would just be the buyer and he could just be done with it, but he imagined it would be somebody's lackey that would come to meet him.

Ikis traversed the busy skies of Coruscant's airways until he arrived at his destination.  He checked in at the administration table and then made his way with the meeting location to wait.  He reached into the cage and scratched the animal behind one of its horns.

"Well girl, I guess we wait and see.  Don't you worry though, if this buyer seems like a scumbag, I bet I can find somebody else here that would take better care of you."
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

(many interested patrons and grazers pass by the Kath hound...but no one really stops long enough to engage, save one)

"Ho there friend...you will find it a hard sale if that is your intent...you have no ID badge, no collar, and no sale tag on that fine beast...I can help you with those, unless you already have an agent"

(hand extended with a business card)

"Jango Lolo, exotic pets are my passion and career"
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

~Ikis turned his head as man approached and gave his little speech.  He eyed Jango up and down before turning away from the cage.  As he turned away he spun in a fashion that revealed his lightsaber for a brief couple of moments, making it apparent what he was before he responded.~

"Greetings to you Jango.  I am Padawan Ikis Epecgu of the Jedi Order."

~He took the card with one hand and clasped Jango's hand with the other and gave it a firm shake before releasing it.~

"That's all a good bit to know.  I was a little surprised that nobody was eyeing an albino Kath Hound a little closer given how rare they are.  However this one supposedly already has a buyer.  Normally I wouldn't care much for keeping an animal captive or selling it, but this one seems to have been bred and born in captivity in preparation for being a pet so here I am."

~For the moment Ikis held back the bit about how he acquired the Kath Hound until he had more time to size up the man.  No need in him knowing all the details if he wasn't the official buyer.  He eyed the card a moment before continuing.~

"However I will keep you in mind as I will likely need all of those things you spoke of in order to give her a proper sale to a good home if the person that is supposed to be coming to pick her up seems to be a scumbag of any sort.  I may not like her being in the cage, but if she is destined to be somebody's pet, the Force help me I will find her a safe home at least."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:12:46 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

Jango Lolo "Well then you seem to have things handled"

(Jango smiles and turns on his heels, walking away, mingling into the crowd...others had been watching...they also walk away...there are plenty of eyes and whispers just out of range...no one approaches)
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

~Ikis watched Jango walk away and melt into the crowd.  He picked up several people that had been watching the exchange, but did not make eye contact with them.  After he couldn't discern any more eyes upon him he turned back to the cage with the Kath Hound and reached inside again and scratched it behind the horns again, smiling as the creature leaned into the attention.  He tucked the man's card into one of his pouches as he spoke to the beast.~

"Well girl, he seemed like a nice enough man.  Hopefully the person coming for you is a nice one as well.  Hmm...  I really ought to come up with a name for you.  I bet you had one before everything got crazy.  I guess I'll just think up a new one."

~Ikis stroked his chin for a bit as his other hand stroked the creature behind its horns.  Every now and then his gaze would scan over the crowd, seeing if anybody was getting nosy again.  He checked the time and saw he only had just a bit of time left to wait for the contact.  That is if the person was punctual and was still coming.  Ikis never considered the contact might not show since the freighter pilot had never been able to check in when he landed since he had perished.  Being distracted for a moment Ikis suddenly snapped his fingers.~

"I know, we'll call you Mako.  How do you like that hmm?"

~Mako leaned into his scratching with renewed vigor as the name seemed to be to her liking, or at least similar enough sounding to her old name.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

(three individuals step up...two in security uniforms and the other with dozens of badges...the latter speaks up)

"Well my friend...what do we have here?...(smiles, and extends a hand)...I am going to assume since you do not have the appropriate paperwork, badges, and collar that you are a late entry...perhaps you were unaware that there are steps that must be taken to show or trade or sell any animal stock here at the show...so let me be the first to welcome you, I am Has Starjammer, one of the judges and show administrators...please, what was your intention for this fine beast?"
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

~Ikis turned as he noticed the individuals out of the corner of his eye.  Seeing the security guards Ikis figured there must be something up.  So he gave Mako another scratch and then hopped down, his lightsaber coming into open view as his robe flared open for a few seconds.  He met the man as he extended his hand and shook it firmly before releasing it.~

Greetings Mr. Starjammer.  I am Padawan Ikis Epecegu of the Jedi Order.  This fine creature here is Mako.  She was on board a transport freighter that met with an unfortunate Sith entanglement.  Unfortunately there was not much information on her besides this location and a time and a name for her to be traded to a buyer that seems to have been pre-arranged.  I am simply trying to get her taken care of.  I did check in at the administration table, though they were terribly busy and perhaps forgot to check that I had all the appropriate documentation and such.  If it is going to be a problem for me to complete the pre-arranged transaction I can procure all required things you listed.
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

Has Starjammer "I see...well it seems that this situation can be resolved with a name...do you have the name of the person looking to receive this particular creature?...in the mean time here is a temporary tag and badge for display only, let me be clear, you can not sell or trade or even give this creature away on Coruscant without proper paperwork...but this display pass will hold water until we can find the intended new owner"
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

~Ikis reaches out and takes the documentation from Has and eyes it for a moment.  He then looks back up at the man before speaking.~

"The person that is supposed to be meeting me to pick up this creature is named Rerdet Kosh.  I unfortunately don't know anything else about him.  Perhaps you or your database does if he is a regular here."

~Ikis hopes to himself that this Rerdet is a reputable person or he just inherited a whole big headache he didn't need.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

Jango Lolo "Oh...I know Rerdet Kosh"

(Jango slid up into the conversation)

Jango Lolo "Ru Has, you know of him...remember that issue with those Pink Mouse Horranths that ended up being mundane Horranths with growth stunting drugs...those ones that grew like Jui Kelp and caused all those problems...that was one of Kosh's deals...he is usually here pretending to be a judge...a real piece of work"

(Has Starjammer looks at Jango, then to the young Jedi, then to the security guards, and back to the Jedi)

Has Starjammer "Perhaps the best course of action would be to put this fine creature into protective custody...until we can work out the finer points?"

(Has waves his hand and the guards step forward)
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

*Ikis' eyes flick over to Jango as he approaches again, wondering if he didn't call down Has on him.  As he listens to the recanting of Rerdet's antics he groans and rubs his forehead, muttering to himself.~

"I knew it, I just knew it...."

~He looks between the two men talking and sighs as Has calls the guards forward.~

"I will not object to it as long as Mako here is taken good care of.  I would like to accompany you all though until it is sorted since by the sound of it there is going to be some trouble with my intended buyer."
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

Has Starjammer "Oh of course...that is most reasonable...I will make the arrangements for Mako and we will work through this...in the mean time my security will stay here...do you wish to attend other matters or would you wait here also?"
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 135
Posts: 2711


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

~An alarm was starting to go off in Ikis' head about the way Has was reacting to how things were unfolding.  He reached inside himself to the calm center and began to extend his aura, gently probing Has for nervousness or subversion.  He stroked his chin for several long seconds as he looked at Has, paying very close attention to his pupils and noting for any nervous ticks or sudden sweating.  His gaze then flicked over to the guards, eyeing them in the same manner before returning his gaze to Has.  He acted calmly as if he was simply considering the options he had been given.~

"I have no other matters to attend to currently so I will wait here with your guards and Mako until you have made your arrangements and return.  Do you have a comm frequency I can reach you at in case I need to though?"

~His eyes flicked over to Jango for a moment before returning to Has, wondering what Jango would do during all this.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!
******

Force Alignment: 1881
Posts: 12901


Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan


« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »

:: H'ling Grand Convention Hall ::

Has Starjammer "You can contact me through the guards...good day young Jedi (smiles and walks away)"

(Jango raises his eyebrows, winks, and follows behind Has)
Logged



Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: