Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shoulder cape help  (Read 2338 times)
XWX
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« on: October 25, 2013, 02:28:13 AM »

Hey all, I'm working on upgrading my costume from last year (Generalized Sith warrior) And I need some help; I've got a cloak, which I plan on wearing normally, except one point, I'd like to have a Cassus Fett style shoulder cape (Not sure what to call it, just a wide piece of cloth bunched together narrow, the bottom of the robe, hanging from one of my shoulders) but I'm not sure how to pull the bottom of the cloak up, and hold it there. Any help would be appreciated! Smiley

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »

Well, Velcro could always work. It serves a purpose but I personally do not like Velcro. I like to find a type of fastener that, even if is it showing, still looks right. Velcro looks just like Velcro and screams "costume". I try to approach costumes from a practical angle.

That being said, since you are just going for that style, and not the actual character, you can do anything that you like. If you have access to s sewing machine, or know someone who does, you could put a button hole at the bottom corner of the cape and then find a large, brass, military looking shank style button to sew to your shoulder. Or if you want the cloak tucked under a shoulder pad, just get a flat button and sew it to your shoulder seam under the pad. If you want the cape attached directly to the shoulder pad, you could get some sort of a spike (like from a leather shop) and install it on the pad itself.

If you do not want a button hole in your cape (which is permanent) you could just sew a little loop to the corner and then use the same methods I described above.

What you want to do is fairly easy and since you are not replicating a particular character, you have a lot more freedom.

Good Luck.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »

Sew in magnets!

Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:56:28 PM »

Sew in magnets!

Cheesy
That actually could work well but I think it might cause problems in the washing machine. Cheesy

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »

Lol...basic pillow insert...remove the magnets before washing and insert when needed.

Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »

Lol...basic pillow insert...remove the magnets before washing and insert when needed.

Cheesy
You are correct. Wasn't thinking about removable.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 02:29:49 AM »

Could hem it on? Like when you buy a pre-made (good) robe and its too long for you and such.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: