Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Recharge Port positions  (Read 2020 times)
merweb
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

« on: October 25, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »

Hi everyone, does anyone have either a Guardian or Dark Initiate v3 with a recharge port? I am looking to perhaps add one as a custom project.

I would like to know where they are positioned for spacing requirements. As far as I am aware there are no issues doing this as long as the wiring is added correctly.

Thanks for help in advance.

merweb

marquis_devaux
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:55:04 AM »

It really comes down to a combination of where you have room for it (and the wires), where you want it, and where you can mount it.  Mounting can be tough as sabers are usually 10" inches or longer and only about a 1.5" wide so you can not just slide it into the hilt with your finger.  I have used chopsticks with a dap of chewing gum on it and stuck the recharge port at the end on the gum and guided it through the hilt and popped through the whole I drilled and mounted with a screw on the outside.  You will need a little patience.  lol   If your saber has a BuckPuck the recharge port is pretty easy to wire, no idea how to do it without one.

merweb
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »

Thanks for that, I had similar ideas of doing it that way. Agreed the space is limited so wondered where US put them on those models. They have Buckpucks and the wiring diagram looks fairly straight forward (not for me, but someone with the knowledge).

Drilling is the scary thing for me, I have access to drill press at work so hoping that will do a good job of it. Not doing it for a while until I get all thoughts and answers clear in my head before attempting such a thing.

merweb

Lord Benzile
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -60

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:49 AM »

At 3:35 my video it sws the positions of my iniates recharge ports. I point out that the recharge port on the dark initite i bought in april differs from the one i bought in  august.

Emory stated to me they came with pre-made recharge ports now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuqCU3sqKuo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuqCU3sqKuo</a>

The Dark Jedi Order.....There is no ignorance, there is knowledge with instinct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/benlosi/videos

merweb
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »

Cool stuff, thanks for that. Interesting one of the ports was put in the choke point, should not make much difference.

Merweb

Lord Benzile
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -60

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 02:40:11 AM »

Cool stuff, thanks for that. Interesting one of the ports was put in the choke point, should not make much difference.

Merweb

no it dosent. Since its the bottom choke point my pinky rest on it..hardly noticable. But since its metal it acts like a sound conductor, carries the sound and vibration of the speaker to the top. Kinda cool actually. dosent do that to the other intiate i have in GB

The Dark Jedi Order.....There is no ignorance, there is knowledge with instinct.

http://www.youtube.com/user/benlosi/videos

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 04:19:46 AM »

a recharge port port higher up on the body of a saber works as reverse sound aslo on some of the sabers I have done with a deep bass font it actually
feels like there is small vibration motor but its just the extra sound resonance

merweb
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »

Thanks for replies guys

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: