Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Manticore in DVA  (Read 10739 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« on: November 05, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »

So, here's my second review on an ultrasbaer, this time it's the Manticore in Dark Violet Amethyst.

1. The hilt
The Manticore hilt already draws attention when coming right out of the package, mainly because of his very special, windowed emitter. The main part of the Manticore is black while the MHS compatible emitter and pommel (High Version) are silver. It has an overall length of about 12" with the High Pommel. But I have to say that it's slightly harder to do spinning with it due to his bigger diameter than with my well-shaped Aeons. However, I don't regret buying it, not at all!

2. The color
The color I ordered was DVA, and it looks really brilliant with that saber. I strongly recommend it with a standard MG or HG blade, since the UE takes away a large bit of its beautifulness IMO...Oh, and I took a red AV switch for a more Sithy look Wink

3. The Covertec Wheel
The black Covertec Wheel is at the lower part of the hilt, on the right side of the AV switch. Almost normal position, nothing extraordinary.

That's the written part, now you will see some pics ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »

Overview ov the hilt

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:04:46 PM »

Nice saber. I like it. Would like to see it lit up though. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:53:02 PM »

Sorry, somehow it didn't accept all the other pics...here we go again, hopefully:

Overview of the hilt (Covertec Wheel right of the switch and near the pommel)

The windowed emitter in detail

The High Pommel in detail

The red AV switch

The new 2.1mm Recharge Port

Dark Violet Amethyst in a standard HG blade

Dark Violet Amethyst in a UEHG blade. I know, I said there is a difference between standard and UE but you won't notice it on the pics. It is more obvious in person.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:04:29 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

Gremio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -60

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »

Is very beautiful, congratulations Smiley

"Stormtroopers will carry out their orders without hesitation and without concern of their own lives"

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 07:56:52 PM »

That DVA does look great, and the red AV is a nice touch too.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »

Thanks guys ^^ DVA might become my new favourite color...it's so brilliant on pics.

Sig by Master Nero

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »

Nice saber and great review. This saber is starting to grow on me. I wish US sold the body in the build your own saber section. ..I could do so much with that.

Point for a great review.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »

That's a nice Manticore you have there, it is indeed a magnificent saber!  I have one in VA myself and I agree that it looks better with the standard blades.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »

Nice saber and great review. This saber is starting to grow on me. I wish US sold the body in the build your own saber section. ..I could do so much with that.

Point for a great review.

Have you tried e-mailing to see if they would sell it separately?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 10:02:18 AM »

I think they will...after all, it's nothing special that you want, simply the body of which they must have dozens in stock. And sending one without electronics etc. should not be a great challenge for them ^^

Sig by Master Nero

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 01:36:39 AM »

I love the Manticore.

It is easily my favorite Ultrasaber design.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 04:03:32 AM »

Oh nice one dude. The red av switch kind of makes it look Sith though and you an tell between the different blades in pictures. I can. I really like the look of DVA after seeing your pictures now.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 02:59:18 PM »

Yes, you might also see a small difference in the pics when you look at them in detail. But for someone who just looks at it there will be no noticable difference ^^ And I love the look of the switch, it will drive me into attacking more during sparring - with my AB sabers I'm not really in the mood of attacking Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 11:16:39 PM »

DVA is growing more on me. Making me want to get my Consular in one for that Qui-gon Lives theme thing. Would be awesome to have.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: