Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen Marvel Mini-Series coming!  (Read 1689 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« on: November 07, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »

http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event

Disney's Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series Event
Landmark deal brings Marvel's flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen, led by 'Daredevil,' to Netflix in 2015
Posted Nov 7, 2013 9:15 am
Updated Nov 7, 2013 9:10 am

Disney's Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series Event Based on Renowned Marvel Characters

Landmark Deal Brings Marvel’s Flawed Heroes of Hell’s Kitchen, led by "Daredevil," to the World’s Leading Internet TV Network in 2015

Burbank, Calif. - Nov 7, 2013—The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a mini-series programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York.  Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

"Marvel’s movies, such as 'Iron Man' and 'Marvel’s The Avengers,' are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm.  Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »

All of this will start in 2015 with Daredevil.

+1 for being on the ball.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:04:52 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »

Gordon Ramsey in his own Marvel show? Lol couldn't resist that one! This actually sounds exciting. I like the Daredevil and Iron Fist, so this could be something I could get on board.

Also Kham, slackin a little! ^_^ lol

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »

Gordon Ramsey in his own Marvel show? Lol couldn't resist that one! This actually sounds exciting. I like the Daredevil and Iron Fist, so this could be something I could get on board.

Also Kham, slackin a little! ^_^ lol

Maybe he slept in a little today...  Cheesy

I just got lucky and caught it as soon as it hit my news feed.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »

Netflix Deal ‘Monetizes’ Marvel Characters Who Were ‘Never’ Going To Get Films

Joss Whedon’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC is to Marvel TV what Iron Man was to Marvel Studios – the first building block in a larger, connected scheme. Beginning in 2015 with Daredevil, Marvel’s TV division will begin to launch one of four officially announced upcoming series on Netflix, leading to a crossover miniseries event dubbed The Defenders.

The other three connected shows, all based in New York’s Hell’s Kitchen, follow Marvel superheroes Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Danny Rand (Iron Fist) – finally giving screen time to characters who’ve been talked about for years but never pushed into feature film development. As it turns out, they’re simply characters who were never going to get a shot on the big screen.

Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige will tell you that the film division has a rough outline of their plans going all the way up until 2021, a schedule that defines what projects and characters will make up “Phase 3” and “Phase 4″ of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. According to Disney CEO Bog Iger, who spoke with analysts during a fourth quarter earnings meeting for The Walt Disney Company yesterday, the confirmed characters are described as “not among the most popular” and for Marvel, “were never going to become feature films.”

Iron Man wasn’t among the most popular characters when it debuted in 2008 and before word of Guardians of the Galaxy getting an adaptation began to spread online, very few people knew their stories, but we do understand what he means. The truth is, there are big movie plans in place for years to come and the characters and feature films placed into development are all building towards bigger goals and adding something “different” to Marvel slate.

Iger continues, explaining that the Netflix deal is a “win win deal” for Disney and the service provider, but there’s an obvious extra “win” for fans who will have the ability to watch an entire 13-episode season without commercials, in one big marathon run on Netflix. He added that bringing these multiple, connected programs to Netflix “is a great opportunity to monetize some great characters.”

While the official announcement yesterday didn’t mention the possibility of the shows and miniseries being connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we expect them to be. If certain characters prove popular, they could then potentially show up on the film side, perhaps one day joining The Avengers. Either way, more diverse characters are getting screen time and Netflix model allows the creators to have more freedom in storytelling and in tone.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/netflix-marvel-tv-shows-characters-movies/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:00:14 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: