Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Manticore Staff in SY  (Read 6348 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« on: November 07, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »

I finally completed the most wanted item on my wishlist, a Manticore staff in SY.  And now for your viewing pleasure...

You can see how much greener the first Manticore I got was.  Kind of disappointed in that, but the 2nd one has a much nicer yellow color, no green showing at all.  I had silver flash on the greener one and orange flash on the other.  I wonder if that might have made some difference in the blade color?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »

I like that they are different colors, I'm a fan of having slightly mismatched staves Smiley

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »

I like that they are different colors, I'm a fan of having slightly mismatched staves Smiley

I like a little variety too, but when I order yellow I don't expect to get green. 

Now I just need to get some 28" blades or an extra 32" so I can handle the thing. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »

I like a little variety too, but when I order yellow I don't expect to get green.
You're right with that. Did you already mail to US about this? Maybe they have a solution for this - in the best case without sending it back.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »

You're right with that. Did you already mail to US about this? Maybe they have a solution for this - in the best case without sending it back.

No.  I just figured the forum colors are a little more hit and miss than the regular colors.  I hadn't thought of it but I wonder if I might be able to exchange the MLS unit.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »

Beautiful sabers. +1

Love the AV switches.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »

Nice. Kind of reminds me if one part of the staff is getting old and losing power or something. But it would bug me though if two colors were mismatched. Like if I got DVA for a staff and one end was a more deeper blue shade.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »

Beautiful sabers. +1

Love the AV switches.

Thanks.  The Manticore is one the favorites of my collection and makes an awesome staff.
I just realized I ordered mismatched AV switches, one orange and one yellow.  Roll Eyes
I guess that just makes it a little more unique.

Nice. Kind of reminds me if one part of the staff is getting old and losing power or something. But it would bug me though if two colors were mismatched. Like if I got DVA for a staff and one end was a more deeper blue shade.

I didn't realize just how green it was until I put it up against my new Manticore.  Maybe I'll throw a filter on it and see how they compare then.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »

Try an Oklahoma Yellow filter for the first one. Hear that really turns the yellow to more yellow.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »

It'd be a fair chunk of change, but you could also send both in for the new Emerald LED setup.  Then you could get the exact same color for both blades. 

Either way, it looks great! 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »

Try an Oklahoma Yellow filter for the first one. Hear that really turns the yellow to more yellow.

I don't have Lee filters but Rosco's Canary filter worked pretty pretty good.  Only problem is it also turns the silver flash yellow, but that's not a big deal.

It'd be a fair chunk of change, but you could also send both in for the new Emerald LED setup.  Then you could get the exact same color for both blades. 

Either way, it looks great! 

I did think about that, but the $280 bucks plus shipping both ways kind of turned me off to the idea.  Maybe somewhere down the line but not right now anyway.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »

That looks really awesome. The Manticore was made for staff.

I didn't like the mismatch colors either, that's why both my Bellicose will be in Guardian Blue.
Forum colors are never perfectly the same, I suspect even the Emerald driver will not be perfect even with the same settings.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »

That looks really awesome. The Manticore was made for staff.

I didn't like the mismatch colors either, that's why both my Bellicose will be in Guardian Blue.
Forum colors are never perfectly the same, I suspect even the Emerald driver will not be perfect even with the same settings.

That's what I figured when the first one had so much green, they are not an exact science like the unmixed colors.  That's why I decided to give SY another shot, and I am glad I did.  The yellow on the 2nd Manticore looks great in person. 

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 12:05:08 AM »

So I'm guessing you went with same deal I did?  Wink

Great sabers, congratz!  Smiley

Sabers I own: Shock LE/Sentinel yellow
                      Monarch (nickle)/Bane's Heart/Blazing Red
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst (Raffle prize)
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst   < ^ = Staff
                      Catalyst (Emerald)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:13 AM »

Get a pic up with the Rosco filter. =] Seems on your new Manticore though SY has been fixed up some.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: