Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash, Wonder Woman & Other JLA Members to Appear in ‘Batman vs. Superman’?  (Read 4509 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: November 08, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »

It’s been a crazy few days for superhero movies and TV shows. Numerous rumors about Wonder Woman and Nightwing/Dick Grayson being in Batman vs. Superman have popped up; a TV show about DC’s Hourman was announced for The CW; Marvel and Netflix announced four new shows and a miniseries (about Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist); and Arrow star Stephen Amell hinted that he might appear in the future Justice League movie.

But the news tornado isn’t over yet – now we have word about more actresses being up for the female (possibly Wonder Woman) role in Batman vs. Superman, as well as the possible appearance of Flash and “several members of the Justice League.” Say what?

The newest report comes from Variety, which confirms that Olga Kurylenko is up for a female role described as “tall, brunette, athletic and exotic.” Now, which DC female character does that most accurately describe?

Other actresses up for the role include Elodie Yung (G.I. Joe – Retaliation), Gal Gadot (Gisele in the Fast & Furious series), and a possible fourth that has yet to be revealed – though Variety insists that it’s not Jaimie Alexander, who they claim is committed (contractually speaking) to Marvel. But if that’s the case, what were all those recent rumors about? And why was she goading them on?

It’s worth mentioning, as Variety and its sources have, that this female character could very well turn out to be some (relatively) run-of-the-mill love interest for Bruce Wayne. And frankly, there’s actually good reason to believe that’s the case – each one of these actresses has very thick accents that one doesn’t typically associate with Wonder Woman.

Though Wonder Woman is from the mythical island nation of Themyscira, she has never been depicted with an accent (besides an American accent, that is) and it seems kind of unlikely that Warner Bros. would build a brand-new multimillion dollar franchise around an untested actress whose grasp of the English language could be a barrier for American audiences.

According to Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter (via Bleeding Cool), while Wonder Woman WILL appear in the movie (as “Diana”), the actresses up for the “tall, athletic, exotic” role will likely not be playing Wonder Woman, whose part in movie will be insignificant – and possibly just a cameo.

Check out his tweets below:

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
Since the cat seems to out of the bag...here's what I heard: Wonder Woman will not be in Supes vs Batman. But a certain Diana may show up.

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
And I'm pretty confident these tests are not for WW, who will have a minor minor role. This is Supes vs Bats. Not Supes vs Bats vs WW.

Having said all this – though I do fall on the side that believes that these actresses are probably not up for the role of Wonder Woman, it does seem a bit strange that Zack Snyder and co. would include two very similar characters (in terms of physicality) in the same film.

If this movie will, at some point, briefly introduce “Diana” to the DC Movie Universe, why would producers want to steal her thunder with an equally tall, athletic, and exotic female character (with brown hair)?

Needless to say, it’s all pretty confusing.

Flash and Other Justice League Members to Appear?

In a serious case of burying the lede, Variety goes on to say that Batman vs. Superman will not only feature Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill), but “several members of the Justice League as well.” And though it’s not yet known how significant their roles will be, both Wonder Woman and Flash will definitely make an appearance “in some fashion.”

Now, let’s put this all in perspective. Batman vs. Superman is, for all intents and purposes, a sequel to Man of Steel. So we’re going to need to see some further exploration of Superman’s character, as well as his relationship with Lois Lane (Amy Adams) and the Daily Planet. Who is Clark Kent/Kal El, now that he’s fully embraced his role as the protector of mankind?

But Batman vs. Superman is also a Batman reboot, so there’s going to have to be some work done to establish this new Batman and his new costume, Batmobile, world, and rules. Will we have to see the sort of heavy-lifting we saw with Superman in Man of Steel? No – everyone knows Batman, and pretty much everyone loves him. He was just in a series of mega-hit movies, after all. So it’s not going to to take as much work as it would for, say, Plastic Man or Brainiac 5.

Still, we need to know what kind of Batman this guy is. Is he the World’s Greatest Detective? Is he the master strategist? Is he the world-class martial artist? Is he the playboy by day, superhero by night version of the character? Does he resemble the disgruntled, war-like Batman of Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns? Is he all of the above? All these questions and more will need answers.

But we also – very likely – need a villain to mix things up and bring Batman and Superman together (by the end of the movie, in classic comic book fashion). All signs point to Lex Luthor being that villain. We saw some references to the guy in Man of Steel and there have been rumors about actors up for the role (Bryan Cranston and Mark Strong, to name two). This character will need a reboot from the ground up, considering the last time he appeared on the big screen, things didn’t go all that well.

So that means there will be three major characters in this movie as it is. Batman hates (misunderstands?) Superman; Lex Luthor hates Superman; Batman hates Lex Luthor; Lex Luthor relates to and wants Batman on his side; Superman just wants everyone to get along.

With all that in mind, do we really have time to explore other superheroes like Wonder Woman and the Flash, not to mention (possibly) the other members of the JLA? We almost certainly don’t have time to introduce a former sidekick of Batman who had a falling out with him and went out on his own as Nightwing. Even that sentence sounds like too much back-story for a movie that needs to keep things fairly simple.

Which almost guarantees that these JLA roles will be very small indeed.

Hopefully, we’ll get some answers to all these questions and more at this weekend’s Man of Steel event with Zack Snyder. What say you, Screen Ranters? Do you want to see Wonder Woman and Flash (and other JLA members) in Batman vs. Superman? Drop us a line in the comments.

Batman vs. Superman hits theaters July 17th, 2015.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-movie-flash-wonder-woman-justice-league/all/1/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »

There is so much potential of characters that it could go either or any way and I am sure it will work  Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »

Pfft... Either Gina Carano or Gemma Arterton for Wonder Woman.

Gal Gadot is a decent choice, but it ain't the same as Gemma or Gina.

Elodie Yung? Seriously?

Olga Kurylenko is too friggin skinny. Seriously, Adrianne Palicki was a better choice, and we all know how well THAT turned out...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:43:10 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Scorpious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -118

Passion, Strength, Power, Victory, The Force

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:49:03 AM »

Are they going to use Grant Gustin that plays Barry Allen (the flash) that's in the arrow tv series. Gal Gadot is supposed to be wonder woman I'm not sure if she right

Scorpion in FO
Malice in BR
Nickel Guardian in GB
Bellicose CG
Prophecy GB

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 01:07:41 AM »

Pfft... Gina Carano...for Wonder Woman.

Seconded. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 01:29:06 AM »

Okay, seriously...

I was on the main page of Saber Forum... scrolled down... saw that a new article had been posted that I had apparently missed. Then I saw the full name of the article, and I was like, "WHAT?! Oh my God!!!"

...and then I clicked on it, realized that it was an old article, and finally noticed the question mark at the end of the title.

Man, I am dumb. lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: