Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New to SWTOR  (Read 14755 times)
CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 09, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »

Hey guys, I'm currently patching the game as we speak, I can't wait to play. I'm already struggling with whether to play a Jedi Knight or a Consular, they both look so cool. D; Anyone fancy nudging me in the right direction? Cheesy

Always remember that cute, cuddly teddy bears will most likely eat you alive, unless you can prove you're a god.

Lord Krankenhaus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 29

Light Side, Dark Side, you decide my fate.

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »

Hey there! I haven't played in a while, but I went with a Knight. My only complaint( and it's a silly one) is the blue lightsaber you get. Don't like the shade, but I luckily ended up with a red crystal. I think the Knight is a great class. However, I also like the Sith Inquisitor, which I would assume is similar to the Consular. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

May the Force be with you, unless you plan to use it against me.
Phantasm V3 BR/BR
2 Aeon V3 GB/VA
Liberator V3 CG
Prophecy V3 GB
Initiate V3 FO
Phantasm Initiate V2 LE SY/SY
Bellicose SRD or DVA
Custom CG saber, "Clementine", Consular emitter/pommel, Dark Shock Body

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »

Haha, awesome. I'll probably try both out, see which I prefer. You do get to change the colour of the sabre, right? Like, how hard is it to come across new crystals?

Always remember that cute, cuddly teddy bears will most likely eat you alive, unless you can prove you're a god.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »

Mostly you can get them from looted sabers, but you can also craft new crystals. Color crystals as well as Power crystals.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Lord Krankenhaus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 29

Light Side, Dark Side, you decide my fate.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »

Potential spoilers here, nothing major...
After building your first saber, a creature called a Force Beast appears. Fighting it is optional. I decided, why not? Needed to try out my new saber, so I fought it. Part of the loot was a red saber. Took out the crystal, since it was darkside only, put it in my main saber, and bam!
I found a yellow one somewhere between Tython and Coruscant, but I don't use it.
Something tells me they're uncommon, but I'm pretty sure there are vendors. Consulars would get a green crystal upon building. I think Sith get red, regardless of class.

May the Force be with you, unless you plan to use it against me.
Phantasm V3 BR/BR
2 Aeon V3 GB/VA
Liberator V3 CG
Prophecy V3 GB
Initiate V3 FO
Phantasm Initiate V2 LE SY/SY
Bellicose SRD or DVA
Custom CG saber, "Clementine", Consular emitter/pommel, Dark Shock Body

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »

Sweeeet. Smiley I'm so excited. Cheesy Can you get other colours? Or is it just red, green, blue, yellow and I'm assuming purple?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »

No, there are other colours, too ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

CreepySeagulls
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »

If I had a social life, I'd wave it goodbye. I'm gonna be immersed in this game for a while. Cheesy

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 10:43:36 PM »

Hey what server do you play on? Looking for friends for superawesomefunsocial time and such lol. Also you can make your own color crystals through Artifice crafting skill. And of course there is always the awesome crystals you get through the Cartel packs! I have Derelict Purple, Pink-Purple, Silver-Blue, Blood Red, and Charred Orange (black core orange, really matches my Tiger looking Cathar Sith Juggernaut)

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 03:36:37 PM »

Used to be quite a few of us on Ebon Hawk, I'm still there as time allows, though I mainly play a Sith Assassin.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »

For the record, having tried both Knight and Consular in the past few days:
At least up to level 10, Knight seems to win at DPS and also gets into the fight faster.  (In the first few levels, Knight gets a 30m jump which Consular lacks; it takes until level 8 or so before Consular can attack at 30m, and then only with a single attack type and after casting a 20sec buff.)  Knight also can wear medium armor, while Consular can only wear light.  However, Consular is better at avoiding damage; a huge chunk of his/her attacks have stunning or slowing effects.  In a heroic mission last night with two Knights and my Consular, I was responsible for less than 33% of the kills--about 25%, I'd guess--but took far less damage and was able to keep some enemies stunned and out of the fight while the Knights took care of business.  In medieval-fantasy terms, Knight's a, well, knight (melee fighter), and Consular is a cleric.  (Not a perfect parallel, but it gets the idea across.)

Personally, I had expected to like Knight better, but made a Consular to see how different the stories are.*  I think I may actually end up preferring my Consular, though; she's a bit more fun so far.  (She's also nicer to look at; she's a pretty female Twi'lek, while my Knight looks close to how I look IRL.)  I wouldn't go so far as to call the Knight "formulaic hack-and-slash", but my attack patterns are certainly less varied with him than with my Consular.

*For the record, the side quests are the same, but the main plot is completely different.  Would I make a char just to play through the second story?  Well, I would; I don't imagine that's for everybody, though.  This time I played them back-to-back, but I think in the future I'll wait some time between playing characters from the same starting world, so that the side quests don't feel quite as repetitive.  Incidentally, if you care about achievements, note that all characters in a legacy count toward a common set of them, so don't go out trying to kill every last horranth until your second character.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 12:02:42 AM »

All my characters are on Ebon Hawk server.
Lvl 27 Knight-Shyy'ran (Human m)
Lvl 22 Inquisitor-Krullus (Sith pure blood m)
Lvl 16 Consular-Krulak (Sith pure blood m)
Lvl 15 Warrior-Mu'kata (Cathar m)
Lvl 15 Agent-Czathina (Chiss f)
Lvl 8 Smuggler-Mo'Garth (Miraluka m)

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS