Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: some newbie questions  (Read 1591 times)
WyteChoc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 26, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »

Hello everyone, would like to say i just discovered ultra sabers about 2 weeks ago and i must say pretty amazing great job everyone. im posting because i have a few questions there stupid ones but i figured maybe you guys can help me out. i want to order one mainly for display purposes on my wall.

So my first question is, is there anyway to turn off the idle hum sound so i could have it on while its on my wall without having to listen to that while its lit.

My second question is, anyone know if the Force FX vertical wall mount will work on a Ultra Saber.

And lastly i looking to order a quick ship saber and under blade options it says upgrade exisiting FX blade. does that mean it will just be the hilt with no blade or does it come with it.

Also does anyone know how well the violet amethyst lights up? really like that one but im afraid it would putt off enough light when hanging on the wall

Again thanks everyone sorry for the newbie questions

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »

You want one for your wall?  Like, not to duel with?  I guess in that case you might want to go for a more standard Ultrasaber - the UltraFX come equipped with sound.  However, if you're looking for a fancy movie-style hilt without sound, here is the Vader stunt saber they offer:

http://www.ultrasabers.com/Vader-ANH-p/snt-dv-anh07.htm

It's basically a Force FX saber but converted to a single LED for dueling purposes, and no soundboard.  I figure, if you're not gonna use the sound there's no sense paying for it right?

However, if you're even thinking about dueling with it, sound is a VERY cool feature - especially their new Obsidian board.

WyteChoc
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

thank you. I really would like to duel as well atleast learn some techniqes but i have no one to spar with at the moment but my goal is to have one for the wall for display and one to duel/role play with if you will.

thats great because the vader was the one i was looking at anyway but so whats the deal with the blade options does it come with a blade by default? because there chocies to replace the blade and those are 15-20 just curious dont wanna order this then have to go back and order a blade.

Again thank you for your time i appreciate it

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »

Ok so just to make it clear, I'm not an Ultrasabers employee so I can't speak for them, but I am fairly sure it does come with a blade.  When it says "upgrade existing FX blade" it means when they convert the saber to the single LED, they take the LED strip out of the blade and give you that blade back with the saber - the other options are if you want to get a heavy grade or ultra edge or something.

For display, I would recommend the default blade or an Ultraedge since they use thinner walled polycarbonate and therefore yield brighter blades.  For dueling, you can use those as well but I personally use the heavy grade as it holds up to just about anything.

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -36

Owner of "We Cook Ewoks", Fine Restaurant

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:44:03 PM »

If it says that they upgrade the existing, it means that they keep the UltraFX blade, remove the LED-string and put some mylar in it. At least, it's what I think.

But I don't know the quality of the UltraFX blade, maybe not as durable as the blades Ultra has to offer.

I'm maybe wrong, but I think that the current FX blade is 3/4" large, where the Ultra blades are 1".

Edith : Atoru, you speedy jackal !

Clawed Dark Prophecy LE Violet Amethyst
Standard Issue Arctic Blue
Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Friends' sabers I offered : 12

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

WyteChoc
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:20:49 AM »

thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it. guess ill just go  Darth Vader ANH Stunt with the default blade for the wall and ill order the force FX wall mounts and hope for the best.

As far as dueling is there any video guides on techinques im sure i could of found some if i searched but id figure id just ask

Thanks again

WyteChoc
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:37:23 AM »

Does anyone know how bright the violet amethyst is? like i heard with the Force FX sabers the mace windu blade was not as bright as lets say just a Red blade because it has to take blue and red LED to make purple. is that true here as well violet amethyst  is my favorite blade color but sense its used for lighting and not dueling im worried more about brightness.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:04:46 AM »

D
Does anyone know how bright the violet amethyst is? like i heard with the Force FX sabers the mace windu blade was not as bright as lets say just a Red blade because it has to take blue and red LED to make purple. is that true here as well violet amethyst  is my favorite blade color but sense its used for lighting and not dueling im worried more about brightness.

Don't worry,  Violet Amethyst is quite bright.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »

I strongly recomend you upgrade your existing blade. Simply cuz the stock blades that come with the FX sabers are NOT very durable, even after convertion is done. That said, you will probably not be able to duel with it any better than before. (in this case, you "only" get the brighter and removable blade, and the lighting system is moved in the hilt)

I recomend any of the Ultrasabers blades, simply becouse of durability. Mid grades are the "slimest" of the blades (still 1" diameter) but are MUTCH MUTCH better than any FX stock blade. It's like this: If you drop your FX bladed saber on the ground, you can probably say goodbye to it.
                                  If you drop a Utrasaber, there is no chanse of that happening. They are made with dueling in mind so are perfect for that.

If you decide to go with a Ultrasaber's blade, i strongly recomend you go see the blade comparison thread where you can see diferent ways the blades light up the blade (Standard blades have thiner but brighter core, while Ultraedges have a fuller blade colour but with some colours can be a slightly pastel look).

Whatever you decide to do, you will get a brighter blade, regardles of what blade/colour you choose Cheesy

Ultrasabers are just awesome Smiley

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: