Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Remembrance Day  (Read 1343 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: November 11, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »

Well, today is Remembrance Day, Memorial Day, Venteran's Day, Armistice Day, whatever your home calls it. Regardless of the name, today is the day when we remember the men and women who served and honour those who are currently serving.

This is a very special day for me for many reasons, but one of which is that I enjoy freedom. You know, you can say what you want about governments and politicians, you can complain about all kinds of things, but the reason you can do so is because of those who served; those who fought for your freedom.

We are able to gather here together and discuss lightsabers, movies, Role Playing, Cosplay, games, and anything else because of those who served.

While I am sure that many have their own stories of Remembrance Day, one thing that has always stuck out in my mind was what a Veteran friend of mine told me when I was younger. He has since gone on to his eternal rest, no longer to be tormented by the horrors of war, but this is what he said.

"I fought so you wouldn't have to."

Those simple words have been burned into my mind. For all of us who have not served, remember that you have that right because others have. Today, take time out of your complaining, out of your playing, out of your fun, out of your freedom to be thankful for those who served so that you wouldn't have to.

For all those who have served, I thank you sincerely.

God bless you all.

I will remember.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:07:19 AM »

The notion that others give their lives for me, my family, my friends, and my whole country moves me to tears. They do some much and are given such little credit. No matter what country you fight for you and your service men/women are heroes. I wasn't in any form or the armed forces but I ha e always had a huge respect for those who are and were. Thank you for everything. Thanks you for your sacrifice. Thank you for the freedom!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 02:25:38 AM »

All I want to say, is thank you.

I am inspired by you sacrifice and bravery... I'm brought to tears thinking about what you've gone through, I hope that one day I could be as Couragous as you all.

God bless America/Australia/England/Canada/Germany/Switzerland/and all the other country's I didn't mention by name.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: