Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wiring question  (Read 1315 times)
merweb
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

« on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:05 PM »

Hi all, my Christmas custom projects wil involve adding some paint, different covertecs and also some recharge ports to my saber collection - busy time but looking forward to it!

I have had many questions answered by US and your good selves in terms of wiring diagrams and places to drill for ports etc etc.

Last question I hope, what type of cable is used for the wiring? I am guessing something to handle 1.2amps as that is the rechargers output, but think slightly higher would be good? Voltage seems to be low so not a problem?

Lots of pics will follow if I do not blow them up!!!

merweb

Graflex SE CG
Guardian VA
Dark intitiate LE v3 x 2 BR
Manticore GB
Dark Initiate LE v2 AS

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:08:56 PM »

When I was building my PVC saber bluespike mentioned that US uses either 24 or 26 gauge wire.  I used some 24 gauge wire in my stunt build and everything worked fine.  I'm not sure if that is what you are needing but hopefully that helps.  Smiley

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »

1.2A is a lot in LED terms, but it's pretty close to nothing in wire terms.  Anything larger than 26ga should work fine, especially since you're talking wire runs measured in inches.  If you want to play it safe, use 24ga stranded wire; you'll blow up every other component in the saber before you stress the wire.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

merweb