Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Post Apoc: Naboo (in character only)  (Read 12328 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1882

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: November 19, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »

Queen Lamatal smiles as she waves to her saviors while passing in review within her carriage. Her time aboard the Sand Spirit and with the crew were some of her happiest in recent memory, but now she had been pulled back into the political routine and traveling with a ragtag band of space gypsies was not in the cards for her.

She nods her head in an informal yet familiar gesture of gratitude.

At least she had made arrangements for the ship to be repaired, outfitted, and well supplied before the cabinet ministers gave their edict for the ship and crew to leave as soon as possible, not wanting any further rumors about the queen to circulate.

Light side points please Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2158

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »

:: Theed ::
:: Sand Spirit ::
:: Shazra Tuarani ::

Shazra returned the queen's smile and wave as the carriage pulled away from her ship. Queen Lamatal was a lovely person, strong willed and stubborn but very friendly, and Shazra had enjoyed her company. Besides, it wasn't every day you rescued a royal, then had your ship fully repaired and kitted out as repayment. Things were looking up since she'd turned tail and left that Force forsaken desert planet behind a year beforehand.

As the carriage left her view she sat down on the edge of the ramp, took out her canteen and had a drink, reflecting on the events of the past year. Things had been going well for her and her new crew, though crew relations had at times been a little rocky. The hyperdrive had been fitted with few difficulties, and while it was far from fast compared to some tales she'd heard of hyperdrive enabled ships of old, she had a hyperdrive- that was something few independent freighter captains like her had these days. After some initial hiccups they'd enjoyed reaping the benefits of being able to do legitimate freight runs across the systems, though she'd kept only enough credits to keep the ship in shape and to live off, preferring to pay off her fellow crew members as quickly as possible. She didn't need more debts to worry about, and some weren't so impressed with her choice to take the hyperdrive instead of the credits. Not everyone had stayed on either once they got their credits.

All was fine until they were hit by pirates after another venture into the Mid Rim. They’d gotten away by jumping into hyperspace without Shazra needing to unveil her engines true capabilities, something she’d still managed to keep hidden from everyone.  The attack had however taken its toll, and with the cooling systems failing she’d been forced to find somewhere to land and try and make repairs. They’d come out of hyperspace near a small habitable planet, and quite literally stumbled across the queen and what was left of her entourage there. Their own ship had crashed and was beyond repair, and only the queen, one of her handmaidens and the Captain of her guard had survived. In exchange for passage back to Naboo, Lamatal had allowed Shazra to scavenge parts to repair the Sand Spirit, though without enough knowledge about hyperdrives Shazra couldn’t make the necessary repairs to be able to use that again. As a result they’d had to make what would have been a short jump back to Naboo the old fashioned way. The journey had been enjoyable though, and they’d had more than enough supplies after taking what was left from the queen’s ship. Upon arriving back at Naboo the queen had ordered that the Sand Spirit be repaired and supplied, and a generous sum of credits given to its crew.

As a result Shazra sat on the edge of what was now a much tidier looking ship. Even the interior of the ship had been tidied up a bit, the cargo bay now looking far more presentable. Upstairs the living quarters and bunk rooms were left as they were at her request. She’d also made sure the technicians hadn’t taken too close a look at her engines, preferring to do much of the work herself with their guidance. She’d let them work on the hyperdrive however, though she hovered nearby to make sure they didn’t try to steal or anything.

She heard a beep behind her and a moment later her DUM pit droid was at her side. Even it had been given an overhaul, and sported much needed new servos in its joints. It still somewhat resembled a rust bucket, but Shazra had always like that about D3. As she heard the footsteps of one of her crew members approach from behind, she said out loud without turning “So, now that we are being shooed off this planet, where should we go next?”

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Various NPCs
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

We are who we needs must be...

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »

An off blue near human in non descript clothes approaches suddenly from the crowd of people.

"Captain Tuarani? Message for you"  He hands over a small sealed paper note, and just as quickly walks away, fading into the crowd.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:41:37 AM »

Shazra nodded her thanks as the being handed her a note and walked away. She opened it, read it and grinned. A letter from the queen no less, and a job. Some rich guy, one Julon De Frieze, wanting transport for himself and some cargo, to be picked up from his villa on the other side of the planet. And a small shipment to his property to cover her visit. Sounded easy enough, and work was work.

She re read it, then stood up to walk back inside. As she started folding the letter she saw some workmen approach with a loaded hoversled. The man in the lead, one of the dock's supervisors who she knew only as Cal, cleared his throat and said "Captain Tuarani, I've got orders to deliver some cargo to you." She grinned 'They work quick here, I only just get the letter then the goods turn up!' she thought. Out loud she said "Sure thing Cal, load it up. I've been expecting it." She shoved the letter into a pocket inside her jacket, then followed the workmen up the ramp. They unloaded it quickly as she signed for the delivery, just normal household supplies, then took off the way they came.

She looked at the little droid. "Well, we've got cargo again! Go plug in and power off for a bit, I'll go see which of our crew members I can find." She walked back down the ramp and closed and locked up the ship, then turned and walked out into the street. Theed was a much cleaner and safer city than anything she was used to. It was a bit disconcerting for her, not having to constantly be on your guard afraid someone would stab you in the back for a few credits. Her surrounds didn't stop her from paying close attention to what was going on around her however.

Shazra walked with purpose, and a few streets away she stopped and headed inside a small building. It was a bar, and a great deal nicer than those back on Tatooine. Being in the docks district it attracted a rougher crowd and there were already a few spacers here. She scanned around, trying to find a familiar face.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »

:: Dive Bar ::
:: Aren Meson ::

::A roar of raucous laughter rang out from the back corner of the room, followed by a few cheers and curses.  There was a large crowd gathered around one of the tables. The crowd can be seen gesturing excitedly, waving money around and passing to others.  There is a thick haze of smoke that hangs over the table and there are shot glasses piled high at either end of the table with a bottle of expensive ale sitting in the middle.  The bottle was nearly empty.  There were two men seated across from each other at the table.  One was a large burly looking man, broad shoulders and thick muscular arms, a dock worker.  The other man had on a large trench-coat, a satchel bag and a pretty serving girl seated on his lap in an outfit that left little to the imagination.  Money was passed around the crowd again, and piled up next to the two contestants.  Another shot glass placed in front of each and filled to the brim with the dark amber liquid, the bottle it came from now empty.  The crowd quieted down and hushed, waiting.::

"Wishme luck, sshweet-heart."  ::The man in the coat said.  The serving girl kissed him.  The two men stared at each other and slowly reached for their glasses, each almost knocking the shots over.  The men took a deep breath and threw back the shots, to the delight of the crowd.  Suddenly the crowd hushed again, as the burly man placed his glass upside down on the table and grinned.  He slowly started leaning over to the side and toppled to the floor in a loud crash.  The man in the coat was breathing hard, all eyes on him.  He struggled to lean forward and with a very shaky hand placed the glass upside down.  The crowd roared again in approval, the money gathered into one large pile and placed next to the man in the coat.  He grabbed the young serving girl and kissed her neck, eliciting squeals from her.  The man gathered the winnings and pressed a large amount, one hundred credits, into the girl's hand and then pocketed the rest.  The girl tucked hers away, pecked the man on the cheek again and left.  The crowd began to disperse as well, two of the men dragging the unconscious dock hand away.  The man in the coat struggled to his feet. He wobbled for a minute and then took a step before losing his balance and crashing back into the chair.  He looked up with glassy eyes and a big grin.::

"Hello Ssshhasz."  ::He slurred.::

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »

After spotting the crowd in the back corner, Shazra had stood just behind watching with an amused look on her face and her arms folded. The crowd roared its approval and she didn't need to be told who'd won. As it dispersed she grinned at the drunk man falling back into his seat and shook her head with a little laugh. She probably would have to carry him back to the ship now, and it was only mid afternoon.
"Hello Aren" she said returning his greeting. She pulled out a chair and motioned to a serving girl to bring her a drink. "So, win much this time?" she asked, lounging back and crossing her legs at the ankles. The girl brought over her drink and she passed her some credits with a "thanks" then took a sip. 'Yep, the drinks are definitely better here than on Tatooine' she thought.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:05:45 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 02:52:08 PM »

After spotting the crowd in the back corner, Shazra had stood just behind watching with an amused look on her face and her arms folded. The crowd roared its approval and she didn't need to be told who'd won. As it dispersed she grinned at the drunk man falling back into his seat and shook her head with a little laugh. She probably would have to carry him back to the ship now, and it was only mid afternoon.
"Hello Aren" she said returning his greeting. She pulled out a chair and motioned to a serving girl to bring her a drink. "So, win much this time?" she asked, lounging back and crossing her legs at the ankles. The girl brought over her drink and she passed her some credits with a "thanks" then took a sip. 'Yep, the drinks are definitely better here than on Tatooine' she thought.

"Ya nee t'ask?I won, ovcoursse!"  ::Aren proclaimed drunkenly, waving his arms about. He then leaned over the table conspiratorially and flashed a mischievous grin.  Clearly, Aren had a good time. ::

"Thoushand crediss! or was it only eight? Bumm dockhandz thought Aren can'tholdhisliquor, but I sshoweddem!" ::He said in a quieter tone. Then he stood up on the chair wobbling to keep what little balance he had left and started yelling and gesturing wildly.::

"Drankem undertablez! BARKEEP! NOTHERROUND FER ERYBODY!" ::Aren cried, the crowd cheered again, loving the free drinks coming from the drunk fool.  Aren then looked around confused, like he misplaced something.::

"Melody!? Me'ody? Wher'ddya go?" ::Aren yelled.  He looked at Shazra.::

"She'z uh feistylass,  lovely'irl.  MELODY! We'zgoinbac to ma zhip.  I promished yous a ride!" ::Aren said as he stumbled off his chair, landing on his ass in a heap on the floor.  The room was spinning. He looked up at Shazra, wide eyed and bewildered.::

"Shazzy? when'di'youget'ere!? Why'ou move machair?"

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

:: Jek Tenner ::

Jek sat in a side booth, watching Aren as he drank. Sitting with his back to the wall, he kept his hand near his revolving slugthrower just in case. He watched as Aren just barely won his little competition. Turning his attention, he saw Shaz walk into the bar. Finishing his water, he slowly made his way over through the crowd of people.

"Looks like you had one too many." Jek said. He never was a fan of the drink, as he preferred to be alert at all times.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »

Jek sat in a side booth, watching Aren as he drank. Sitting with his back to the wall, he kept his hand near his revolving slugthrower just in case. He watched as Aren just barely won his little competition. Turning his attention, he saw Shaz walk into the bar. Finishing his water, he slowly made his way over through the crowd of people.

"Looks like you had one too many." Jek said. He never was a fan of the drink, as he preferred to be alert at all times.

"Onetoomany!?"  ::Aren scoffed and waved his hand dismissively. ::

"I coul'still drink YOU uner'e table an'get bac'to the Ssand Spit!"  ::Aren challenged from his place on the floor.::

"My drinkin'sproductive! I don'need a intervension fromyous! Be more like Shazra, she'z resPECTable!"  ::Aren said. The room was wobbling all around, like a giant was shaking the building.::

"We better ge'outta here, I think somebody'z messed with the...gravity plates!  I godda go zave Melody."  ::Aren said as he struggled to his feet.::

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 04:24:44 AM »

Shazra flashed a grin at Jek as he walked over. She'd been quietly sipping her drink while she listened to the drunk man ramble on. When he started challenging Jek she spoke up however. "Come on Aren, I think its about time we headed back to the ship don't you? We will save drinking each other under the table for another day" she said in a firm but soothing voice, a small smile still on her face. She really didn't want to have to carry the man unconscious back to the ship again.

She stood up and quickly drank the last bit. She leant in closer to Jek as she put the glass on the table. "I think perhaps he had one too many a few glasses ago. Exactly how many has he had this time round?" she asked in a low voice. She heard Aren stumble into his chair and turned back in time to catch him before he fell on his ass again. "Come on, time to go" she said as she tried to direct Aren towards the door.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:04 AM »

Shazra flashed a grin at Jek as he walked over. She'd been quietly sipping her drink while she listened to the drunk man ramble on. When he started challenging Jek she spoke up however. "Come on Aren, I think its about time we headed back to the ship don't you? We will save drinking each other under the table for another day" she said in a firm but soothing voice, a small smile still on her face. She really didn't want to have to carry the man unconscious back to the ship again.

She stood up and quickly drank the last bit. She leant in closer to Jek as she put the glass on the table. "I think perhaps he had one too many a few glasses ago. Exactly how many has he had this time round?" she asked in a low voice. She heard Aren stumble into his chair and turned back in time to catch him before he fell on his ass again. "Come on, time to go" she said as she tried to direct Aren towards the door.

:: Dive Bar/streets ::

::Aren followed her as best as could.  He leaned on her to stabilize himself and managed to shamble towards the door.  He reeked of booze.::

"I thin'it'z time taget YOU home.  Nice girl likeyou doezn'belong....ina dive'likethis."

::They shambled out the door and started down the street.  The sun shone brightly but not harsh like Tatooine twin suns.  The streets were paved and immaculately cared for and buildings neatly lined each side.  This was the spaceport district, and the sounds of ship dries could be heard coming and going.  Heavy machinery could be heard whirring and several cranes could be seen moving large containers.  The scent of engine grease hung in the air.  Aren had become much quieter since leaving the bar.::

"I misz...I mizz Megs...Eve'that damned...lizard'o'hers."  ::Aren said sadly, staring down at the pavement.::

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »

'Nice girl like me. Yeah, right.' she thought with a little sigh. 'Good thing none of them know the truth'.

She helped support Aren as they walked slowly back towards where her ship was docked. Once again she couldn't help but marvel at how clean the streets were, at how civillised the brings here were. She wasn't sure it was something she'd get used to. The familiar sounds of the spaceport helped ease her though. The constant hum of the ships, the noises as workers loaded and unloaded cargo, the smells. These things she'd been around pretty much all her life.

When Aren mentioned Meg she cringed slightly. It was times like this that he let slip that he was in fact involved with her in some way though he'd denied it that night in the cantina. He definitely seemed to be friends with her at least, and given pirates like her often preyed on cargo ships it was a little unsettling to Shazra.
She remained silent, not sure what to say to comfort him. She had no intentions of ever returning to Tatooine, not after what she'd left behind. She breathed a little sigh of relief as their docking bay came into sight further down the street. She'd had to help Aren the whole way, but at least he'd stumbled this far under his own steam.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 04:56:33 PM »

'Nice girl like me. Yeah, right.' she thought with a little sigh. 'Good thing none of them know the truth'.

She helped support Aren as they walked slowly back towards where her ship was docked. Once again she couldn't help but marvel at how clean the streets were, at how civillised the brings here were. She wasn't sure it was something she'd get used to. The familiar sounds of the spaceport helped ease her though. The constant hum of the ships, the noises as workers loaded and unloaded cargo, the smells. These things she'd been around pretty much all her life.

When Aren mentioned Meg she cringed slightly. It was times like this that he let slip that he was in fact involved with her in some way though he'd denied it that night in the cantina. He definitely seemed to be friends with her at least, and given pirates like her often preyed on cargo ships it was a little unsettling to Shazra.
She remained silent, not sure what to say to comfort him. She had no intentions of ever returning to Tatooine, not after what she'd left behind. She breathed a little sigh of relief as their docking bay came into sight further down the street. She'd had to help Aren the whole way, but at least he'd stumbled this far under his own steam.

"I hope'zhe's ok... Girl getz'in'all'kindsatrouble." 

::Aren said as he stumbled towards the ship.::

"You bedder'drive'daship...I think.  I'm abit...uncordinaded." 

::Aren warned.  He stumbled through the corridors of the ship, still leaning on Shazra.  When they arrived at Aren's quarters he fumbled with his bag a bit and pulled out some credits.  He shoved them into Shazra's hand, two-hundred fifty credits, and then embraced her tightly.  He wobbled a bit and sighed contentedly before releasing her.  Without a word he turned and stumbled over to his bunk and collapsed face first into the bed. Within just a few moments, he was snoring.::

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:14:31 PM »

"Alright.. He had a few too many." He said with a smirk. "Who the kriff is this Meg girl anyway? I never did get a straight answer."

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:05:46 AM »

Shazra's thoughts drifted back to that day about a year ago in the cantina. "Captain Meghana Solari. Feisty red headed female pirate." Jek's eyebrow lifted slightly. She smiled "so you've heard of her then? No surprise I guess." She looked at the credits in her hand, bouncing them around a bit, then grinned at Jek. "Do you think he will realise they are missing when he wakes? Or that he even gave them to me?" She chucked a bit and put them inside her jacket for safe keeping. It would be amusing to see the expression on Aren's face when she gave them back. She and Jek walked out of Aren's bunkroom and back down the corridor to the living quarters, Shazra dropping onto her favourite couch.

"Meghana was one of those present when we signed up to the job, along with a few of her crew. She tried to bully the others into following her lead, but a couple of beings there wouldn't have any of it. After she stormed off the same beings called Aren out, saying he was part of her crew or something. I dunno if he was, but he left as well. As fate would have it, the doctor Kai suggested was Aren. And here we are." Jek had heard the circumstances as to how when he woke up there was another being on board, the Sand Spirit suddenly had a hyperdrive and they were headed spacewards, but they'd never really talked about how Shazra ended up at Ooloo's Villa. Or why she'd been stupid enough to even take the job- she'd managed to avoid explaining that one. Then again, she hadn't found out how he had become a tough gun for hire.

"By the way" she said changing the subject. "You probably noticed as we came in, but we've got cargo. And a job. Seems some rich guy over the other side of this pretty little world wants to travel inconspicuously."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: