Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Post Apoc: Naboo (in character only)  (Read 10886 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1479

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 12:13:13 AM »

(posted with Darth Abaddon's permission)

:: Theed ::
:: Sand Spirit ::
:: Jek Tenner ::

Jek nodded as he sat in a chair next to a small table opposite Shazra. “The crates in the cargo bay kind of gave that away. Guess we don’t know where we are taking him yet then.”

He pulled his slugthrower revolver out and slowly started dismantling and cleaning it. Shazra had hardly talked about the job and he’d sometimes wondered how the young woman he’d known all those years beforehand had ended up taking such a dangerous and foolhardy job as stealing a priceless statue from the villa of Ooloo the Hutt. She hadn’t said anything though, so he hadn’t asked, but since they were on the subject...
“So, since there were pirates and other lowlifes involved, what made you take the job Shaz?”

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 01:34:39 AM »

:: Shazra Tuarani ::

Shazra cringed inwardly. She'd been hoping to avoid that question. Outwardly, she just shrugged and smiled. "I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was a job, the pay was good, and I needed the credits." Her smile widened. "Turns out the pay was really worth it. I could never have dreamed of getting a hyperdrive! The ability to get off that rock and get out of there, to have the opportunity to run cargo across the galaxy again, like small time cargo captains used to. It was definitely worth what we went through!"

She stopped suddenly and looked at Jek guiltily, smile gone. "Im sorry. I didn't mean I was glad you got shot Jek. If I'd known all that was going to happen...." she said softly. She shook her head slightly and gave him a small smile. "I am glad we met up again. It's been great having you around. Having someone I can trust, having a friend. I just wish the circumstances had been different."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »

With a smirk, Jek responded sarcastically. "Yes. I'm glad the slug in my back allowed you to get a hyperdrive." He closed his slugthrower and twirled it on his finger. "After all.. Without me as a meat shield for slugs, where oh where would you be, now?"

Taking a sip of water, he gave Shazra a sobering look. "Just so you know, I don't buy your answer for a second."

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »

This time her cringe was noticeable. She sat up straight on the couch. "Jek, you know I didn't... I mean, I'm sorry you...." She stopped, not knowing what to say. Within hours of meeting one another after years apart, he'd taken two slugs and almost died, because of her. She hung her head and stared at the floor. She owed him the truth, he deserved that much. He'd been her friend all those years ago, and then when she needed help again he was there for her. And he'd stayed with her. But she just couldn't tell him. What would he think of her? What would he think of her father? They had always gotten along well, she didn't want him to know.

"I am so sorry you were injured. It was all my fault." She closed her eyes. "But I didn't lie. I did just happen to be in the right place at the right time. And I did need the credits. Desperately needed them." She closed her eyes tighter, not wanting to look at him. She hoped he wouldn't pursue the matter further, but knew that was a futile hope.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »

"Hey now." He replied, "It's not your fault I got shot. I could have told you no. I wanna know though.. Why did you take the job. You're usually smart enough to walk away from jobs that call for getting shot a few times."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »

Kark. He wasn't going to let up. She opened her eyes and looked around. Aren was still passed out on his bunk, the others still weren't back yet, she knew the cargo bay doors were tightly closed and hadn't heard them reopen. It was just the two of them. She took a deep breath, and still avoiding looking at him said in a flat voice "I owed credits to some beings. The bad kind of beings. And they were wanting their credits back. I was running out of time."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »

Jek nodded his head. "I understand, Shaz." He said, crossing one of his legs. "I'm guessing that being's name was Ooloo?"

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 11:04:27 AM »

Shazra looked up at him slightly startled. How did he guess that?! "Yeah, it was Ooloo." She sighed. "It was Dad's debt. I didn't even know about it when he died. I found out a few years later, when they discovered that I was still alive, and the ship was still flying. Changing my last name to Tuarani, renaming the ship and giving her a makeover apparently didn't work, though in truth I was hiding from the beings who killed Dad, not from a Hutt." She gestured to the ship around her, bitterness in her voice. "Apparently this ship belongs in part to them, and being I didn't know anything about the loan, I was more than a little behind on payments by that point. I managed to convince him to let me keep flying with the ship in return for increased repayments. But I was starting to get behind on them too and he was getting impatient. If I hadn't gotten a good deal of credits to him and soon well.... you might've been meeting me again in one of Ooloo's prisons, since that's where you worked. Or as one of his new dancing girls, either way I woulda been in chains. If I was lucky and he didn't just decide to have me killed." She made a face. "Though, I'm not sure being one of his slave girls would be better than death."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »

"I might have enjoyed the view." Jek replied with a wink, "So let me get this straight. You intended to pay Ooloo back with the money you received from stealing the statue.. From Ooloo. I can't believe it went bad." Thinking inwardly, he couldn't help but feel for her. Her old man was a good guy, but it was lousy of him to leave her with debt like that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:27:16 AM by Darth Abaddon » Logged

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »

Shazra rolled her eyes at him "funny." She smiled and winked in return. "And yep, there is a kind of poetry about it." 'At least there would have been, if that had been the plan' she thought. She didn't let that show in her expression however.
In her mind she breathed a sigh of relief. He hadn't had a go at her about owing credits at least. Though in saying that, he didn't know the whole story. She hoped she'd never have to reveal it.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »

"Well.. Look on the bright side." He counted off his points on his fingers. "Ooloo is dead. The brain damage I probably gave to Lingo should keep him from coming near us. We're making money." He paused for a moment, thinking. "Oh! And you get to stare at this handsome being whenever you want." He leaned back in his chair and folded his arms behind his head, smiling. "Life is swell."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »

Shazra grinned cheekily and pointedly looked up and down Jek with her head slightly cocked to one side. "Yep, sure do" she said with a wink after a moment. She leaned back on the couch again, putting her feet up on it. "Yep, we are doing alright for ourselves. Definitely beats running illegal goods just to earn a few creds, or working in a crime lords villa, huh? We can afford to take the jobs we want. We are free to fly where we want."

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »

"Don't get me started on that job." He replied, drinking his water. Sarcastically speaking, he continued. "Not that I didn't enjoy the maiming or torture. I just want to broaden my horizons."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 03:51:01 AM »

Shazra smiled, unsure just how much he was joking. Now it was Shazra's turn to ask the questions, she figured fair's fair. "Speaking of which, how did you end up in Ooloo's prison working as one of his thugs? 10 years ago I never woulda picked that as your choice of profession. Gun for hire, maybe. But working for the Hutts?" she asked eyebrow raised questioningly.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 04:04:16 AM »

Continuing to lean back, Jek thought for a moment how to answer. "Well.. It's simple really. I needed credits and Ooloo was the highest payer around that offered steady work."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: