Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose Review - Adegan Silver  (Read 3692 times)
FadeToGray
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Not actually sith, I just like red. and lightning.

« on: November 24, 2013, 03:34:13 AM »

Hello there, Nice to meet you all. I've recently received my second saber from Ultraabers, and I figure it's about time I posted a review. (or posted at all, for that matter)

Common sense dictates that I should start with my first saber first, but I've never been one for common sense, or any sort of sense, so here's my second saber: a stunt Bellicose in Adegan Silver.

This is it, with the silver emitter button, because why not?

I also removed the covertech wheel - temporarily - to see if it improved the feel of the hilt when holding it two handed. the short answer is yes, for anyone wondering, but I managed to lose the screw in the process.
  whoops.
anyhow, replacement screws have been ordered, so nothing much to worry about there.

I originally ordered this saber with the Ultraedge Heavy grade, but I soon decided that this saber works better with the Midgrade Ultraedge, and swapped blades with my Blazing Red DSI v3, which suits the Heavy grade blade much better (in my opinion).

the colour is pretty damned cool. I've always liked silver as a blade colour, and Ultrasabers clearly know how to make it work. the blade looks great when lit up, though it's better in the dark (this is probably not related to the colour...)

here's a picture:

and, by stepping back about 3cm, I managed to convince my camera to pretend it was considerably darker. how this works, I'll never know, but here's a darker picture, noting that the blade stays pretty damned bright (and this is on a standard battery set-up)

so more about the hilt itself, for anyone who's interested:

first, the Bellicose just looks so great. it's easily one of my favorite hilts, and possibly has my vote for best looking. the curved/angled/whatever shroud on the emitter is awesome. I'm a big fan of angled emitters, and their relative rarity is kinda sad.

I went with the black blade holder, just to keep the whole black/silver thing going. it also looks cool.

the top end of the hilt is great; cool silvery metal, broken up by thin black lines. it looks great, and also feels great to hold. the bottom half, while often fooling me into thinking it's plastic, is also metal and is also pretty damned cool (in several ways. it's the cold of the metal that convinces me it's not plastic) though, for a nice two-handed grip, I prefer removing the Covertech wheel, as I mentioned earlier.

the pommel is sweet too - I went with the short grooves version - and brings the saber to a pretty nice end. it's also pretty solid.

the one issue I've had with my bellicose is that the LED has a habit of rattling somewhat, but I managed to fix that by securing the blade a little lower down in the blade holder, so that about half a centimeter of the blade comes out the bottom of the blade holder before I put it in the saber. this seems to keep the LED in place, and it doesn't rattle anymore. however, doing this with the blade plug means that the blade plug doesn't quite reach the top of the blade holder, which is a shame. still, that aside, a nice, solid saber. I'd definitely recommend it.

also, on a slight side note, I also ordered the colour discs with my blade, and spent a while trying them all out. personally, I feel the colours they produce are a little pale at best, and don't really have the vibrancy or clarity of the pure-coloured LEDs. so if you're after a saber which can change between colours easily, I'd suggest going for an RGB or emerald saber, as the discs aren't ever going to be as good. still, I wanted a nice silver, and a very nice silver I got.

outside of the saber, I live in the UK (as you might have guessed from the sheer number of the word "colour"), and so I had to wait a while for the sabe to turn up. still, it turned up pretty much exactly when it was supposed to, and was all fine when I got it, so pretty great shipping and packaging. (my mental state, following nearly 7 days of refreshing the tracking info, is another story...)

Overall, A nice saber, from a good company. I enjoy it, and I'll almost certainly get round to buying more sabers in the future, if only I can decide which one...

will probably do something about my BR Dark Standard Issue v3 at a later date.

thanks for reading, I hope there was something informative in it for you.

Sabers:  DSI v3 - BR 
Bellicose -  
Consular - CG 
Guardian - Emerald Driver
DSIv3 with Sound - BR
Raven SS -
Initiate v3.1 - Arctic Blue

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:56:30 AM »

Nice saber. Actually looks good in mostly saber. Got mine in GB though, gold button, silver blade holder, and short pommel. Might switch the covertwch to silver though when I can.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:24:47 AM »

Nice review!  I like my Bellicose as well, i got it in the summer raffle and it's a fantastic hilt!  I love how versatile it is with all of the options you have for it.  It also looks great in any blade color I think.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 06:32:35 AM »

Hope to get my Bellicose sent to my friend here soon to get fixed so I can use it again. x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:43:39 PM »

Wow, looks really nice with the silver button.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »

Is this an ultraedge? anyway, its amazingly bright.

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

FadeToGray
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Not actually sith, I just like red. and lightning.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »

Wow, looks really nice with the silver button.

thanks, I'm quite happy with the button too.

Is this an ultraedge? anyway, its amazingly bright.

yupp, that's a standard ultraedge blade. as I said, I wasn't fully happy with how it looked in the heavy-grade ultraedge, but that was in real life. I haven't checked to see how it translates on camera.

Sabers:  DSI v3 - BR 
Bellicose -  
Consular - CG 
Guardian - Emerald Driver
DSIv3 with Sound - BR
Raven SS -
Initiate v3.1 - Arctic Blue

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »

thanks, I'm quite happy with the button too.

yupp, that's a standard ultraedge blade. as I said, I wasn't fully happy with how it looked in the heavy-grade ultraedge, but that was in real life. I haven't checked to see how it translates on camera.
awesome! I'm trying to get a Initate LE V2 (artic blue) with a grab bag, both having UltraEdges. I hope they are good

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: