Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V2 in SRD Review  (Read 5199 times)
zepik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« on: January 06, 2011, 07:11:21 AM »

*NOTE: This is the last of my re-posted reviews from the old site.  I guess I'll have to start buying more sabers now to write about.

Specs:

The Prophecy hilt is approx 10.5 inches long with a outside diameter of about 1.5" at the thickest part (base of the hilt).  An average 36" blade protrudes 33.25 inches from the hilt, giving it an overall length of 43.75"

I received my Prophecy V2 (standard aluminum finish) last week in SRD with an Ultraedge blade.  What an amazing saber.  I urge anyone who doesn't already have one to get one.  When deciding to order, I really liked the look of the prophecy.  It's simple yet still has enough details to make it stand out.  I'm not a big fan of some of the movie saber designs.  Too much extra crap all over it.  That's why the first saber I bought was the liberator.  Nice and sleek.  The prophecy is like the best of both worlds.  What I didn't expect was that I'm starting to like it even more than my liberator.  The machined grooves provide an excellent grip and the thumb screws are really nice looking touch.

The colour wasn't what I expected though.  I ordered it in SRD, which on the website is more of a sky blue colour.  When I got it though the green was far more prominent than I thought it would be.  It's more like a teal than a cyan.  Sea-Foam green has been thrown around on the old forums Tongue .  When I took a couple pictures for this review I noticed that the blade colour more closely matches the ultrasabers website.  It's the age old problem of trying to accurately represent saber colours on the internet.  The colour has really grown on me and while it wasnt what I expected to get, I'm quite happy with it.

Brightness is outstanding of course.  What else would I expect from an ultrasaber? Wink  SRD looks good in the ultraedge blade.  I also like that the blade goes in further in this saber.  I was worried that with the shorter hilt that the standard blade would be too long, not at all.  It seems to go in a good 3-4 inches.  The blade ends up being a good inch or 2 shorter than my liberator blade.  The total length is about 3 inches shorter than the total length of the liberator.  Perfectly proportioned.

Only con with this saber is that mine was shipped without the covertech knob.  The hilt is tapped for it but there was no knob attached and none in the box or packaging.  I sent an email to [email protected] about it.  Knowing how good Ultra's customer service is, I have no doubt this will rectify itself soon. 

(*REVISED* sure enough I received an e-mail back shortly after making this review, and they sent out my missing knob Smiley.  Installing it myself was a cinch, it's threaded with an allen bolt.  As nice as it looks with the covertech knob, It gets in the way when gripping the saber with 2 hands.  If I ever use this saber to duel, the knob is removed first.)

All in all I'm much happier with this saber than I ever thought I would be.  Everyone go buy one now.  NOW!

9.5/10

Blade lit no flash.  It's much greener in person.  My camera sucked it all out I suppose.

Blade lit with flash.

Closeup of emitter with the cool portholes in the side.

The hilt.

Ultrasabers Liberator V2 - Blazing Red
Ultrasabers Prophecy V2 - Sun Riders Destiny
Ultrasabers Redemption - Guardian Blue
Ultrasabers Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »

I like that saber, Im thinking of getting one is the dark version when i get some extra cash, im glad you like your saber

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »

me want.
me doesn't have the spare cash Cry
Normally my english is better btw

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »

That's really nice. Glad to know the blade length isn't affected by the hilt size. That was my main reason for not ordering the saber. Great review!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

hayduke
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »

Zep, is this saber comfortable to hold in one hand or two hands? or does it balance well either way you hold it? I really love the color.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »

I really really like the way this SRD looks in person.  You're almost assured to get someone asking "what color is that?"

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

zepik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »

Yes it`s quite comfortable to handle one and two handed.  The balance is just right a for one handed saber, but there`s still just enough room for your second hand without it feeling cramped.  The only issue is the covertech knob.  I find it gets in the way of my other hand.  So if i`m going to be doing any dueling I just quickly remove it.

Ultrasabers Liberator V2 - Blazing Red
Ultrasabers Prophecy V2 - Sun Riders Destiny
Ultrasabers Redemption - Guardian Blue
Ultrasabers Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue

andilynnwoods
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 03:57:33 AM »

I like that saber, Im thinking of getting one is the dark version when i get some extra cash [

exactly what i was gunna say!

MY SABERS                            FRIENDS SABERS
Ancient Bane: Artic Blue          Dominix V1: Blazing Red 
Initiate V2 LE: Consular Green Phantom V2: Red/Blue
Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue   Initiate V2 LE: Blazing Red
Aeon: Artic Blue                      Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: