Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Slice Hound  (Read 23797 times)
Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »

The Slice Hound




The XS stock light freighter was considered a major advancement in armament, speed and versatility over previous models of light freighter. It was considered one of the fastest and most agile starships in the galaxy. It contained a large cargo hold, including many hidden compartments throughout the ship, ideal for smuggling or simply hiding valuables. The XS also boasted powerful engines which allowed it to easily outrun most opponents or authorities, but in the event a fight was necessary, it came armed with standard torpedo launchers and laser batteries. In addition, it also held upper and lateral laser turrets which could be fired manually, or remotely from within the cockpit. Due to the fact that many smugglers and freighter captains both worked and lived aboard their ships, the XS was also designed with many of the standard comforts any being would need, including a lounge for recreation and extra sleeping quarters.

The Slice Hound was bought and heavily modified by Samuel and Maria Setekh, Krace's parents and also workers at CEC, providing them access to modified parts, add-ons and anything else they wanted to add. They upgraded and added to the ship's already impressive resume with added defenses, armour, and versatility, and comfort. It has been a home and reliable mode of transportation and means of making a living for Krace and Klae for years now. They have continued to upgrade and maintain it with every bit of extra income they have.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:03:34 PM by Aletani » Logged

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »

::Klae::

"I'll go prep for take off! You batten down the hatches," Laughing at her nautical joke, hearkening back to the few times they got to sail with Krace's father on Corellia. Plopping down in the pilot's chair, Klae instantly felt like an extension of the ship, following through her instinctual protocol for start up, she got clearance from control for takeoff. Firing up the repulsorlifts, the Slice Hound slowly rose from the duraplating of the repair docks. Deftly accelerating the ship to position under the entry/exit shaft of the Undercity Repair Docks, Klae piloted the freighter up and out into the smoggy atmosphere of Nar Shaddaa.

Getting an all clear from Krace through the intercom, Klae maneuvered them out of traffic lanes and into the cold vacuum of space before hitting the hyperlanes to Coruscant. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:10:37 PM by Aletani » Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:52 PM »

::Krace::
::Aboard the Slice Hound::

~As Klae races off to the cockpit, Krace pulls his boots back on and heads to the engine room, his place of choice during most takeoffs.  TB follows him in to assist in making sure all systems are secure and ready for take off.  He checks and double-checks all hatches and seals and then begins the warm-up sequence for the engines as Klae begins her pre-flight checklist.  He and TB monitor power to all systems as the ship warms up and begins to lift off.  As he feels that they have left the docks and are beginning to gain altitude he starts the warm-up sequence for the hyperdrive.~

"TB, go ahead and start calculating our jump to Coruscant and feeding it to the Nav-computer."

~The squat droid trills in response and begins the calculations.  As the ship breaks atmosphere and moves into open space he hits the comm to the cockpit.~

"All systems are green.  Engine power nominal and the hyperdrive is all warmed up.  The Nav-computer should be getting the jump coordinates now.  Punch it when you're ready."

~After a few moments he feels the engines hum loudly and then pulse as they jump into hyperspace.  He pats TB on the head and then walks out of the engine room towards the cockpit.  He plops down in the co-pilot seat and checks a few readouts before speaking to Klae.~

"So, drinking games, or should I whoop you some more at pazaak, and holo-chess?"
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »

::Klae::

Slouching her feet over the arm and propping her head up with both hands behind her neck, Klae pops off her boots, swiveling the chair around with her socked feet. Now facing Krace and smirking Klae comments,

"Oh, you know drinking games are the only thing I'm good at." Laughing at Krace's glare she shrugged, "What? It's not like I can help that my body metabolizes and burns off intoxicants in a matter of minutes. And I still think you cheat in holochess with your kriffing implants." 
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »

::Krace::

~Krace rolls his eyes as she brings up her drinking immunity, but grins as she talks about playing against his implants.~

"See, it's not really cheating.  It can't actually tell me what moves you're going to make...."

~He hops up and stretches out his hand to her, beckoning her along.  He leads her out to the lounge, along the way passing TB.~

"TB, go keep an eye on the autopilot.  We're gonna relax for a bit."

~The little droid beeps affirmatively and continues onto the cockpit.  Krace leads Klae over to the holo-chess table and he plops down on one side, reaching into a compartment under the table and pulling out a couple decks of cards.~

"So, what'll it be?  Chess, Sabacc, or Pazaak?  And if you choose drinking then you have to take some pills to make it fair."

~As she makes a face at him, he makes one back.~
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:57:16 PM by Krace » Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »

::Klae::

Flopping down opposite Krace, Klae sighs, "Well, I'm passable at Pazaak, but you have to turn off those implants!" Reaching across the table, Klae lunges for Krace's temple with a burst of laughter.
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »

::Krace::

~Krace grins and snatches Klae's arm as she lunges at him.  He pulls her across the table and pins her down on it and tickles her mercilessly as she squirms, trying to get free.~

"Not a chance!"

~He tickles her some more until she is gasping for air and then finally lets up.  He plops back down in his seat, taking a slug to the arm in retribution, he smirks at her as she readjusts her clothes and sits down again.~

"I've taught you how to count the cards, and I know you can do it.  I promise not to use my implant to help me calculate the probability of what you've got in your hand."

~Klae agrees with a bit of a huff and they play several hands using real money for betting.  Nothing ever really changes hands since it's from their group stash.  After a couple hours Klae begins to be able to beat Krace on and off as she practices counting the cards and he keeps his word not to use his implants to calculate things.  He then move onto Sabaac, forcing her to change and learn yet again.  After several hours he has helped her become pretty good at playing either game.~

"See, now if you wanna play somebody besides me you can play without losing your shirt.  You know, unless that's the plan of course."

~She makes a face at him and he grins back.  He can tell she is starting to wear down.~

"Why don't you go get some rest?  TB and I will keep an eye on things for a while.  Then after you've gotten some sleep I'll get some."

~Klae begrudgingly agrees and heads off to her room.  He puts the decks away and calls TB in, who reports that everything is still running normal.  Krace engages in a few games of holo-chess with TB, taking full use of his implants to calculate move probabilities since the little droid will be doing the same.  After only managing to beat the droid two out of five games he calls it quits for a while and sends TB back to the cockpit.  He swings by Klae's room to check on her.  He hears her sleeping fitfully and goes in to rub her back gently as their mom used to do for her to try and soothe her without waking her.  She seems to calm down after a bit and he leaves her room and heads to the cockpit.  He plops into the pilot seat and runs a checkup on everything, liking to see it all with his own eyes.  He then picks up a pad and goes out to the Holo-net and finds a detective novel to read.  As time passes he begins to wear down and notices the chronometer and that it has been almost 9 hours since Klae went to her room.  He chimes the intercom in her room quietly to wake her."

"Hey girl, my turn for a snooze."

~He goes back to his book, knowing she will come up eventually to relieve him.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »

::Klae::

Walking up to the cockpit, groggy and rubbing her neck, dreadlocks half falling out of its tie. Straightening her tank top, she poked Krace until he got up from the pilot's seat.

"Alright, once I wake up I'll do a systems check. Go ahead and get some shut eye. I'll wake you when we're an hour out."

Hearing him pad off, Klae rubs her face, waking up. Leaning back in the chair, she watches the starlines silently pondering the vastness of the galaxy. Flipping on the passive diagnostics panel, she checks the ship's functions, all operating at peak efficiency. Sighing, Klae relaxes, waiting out the long haul.


Checking the nav readout, Klae intercoms Krace's chambers,

"Hey, we're about to drop out of hyper, thought you'd want to know."
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 12:33:57 AM »

::Krace::

~When the comm buzzes he only partially awakes.  As he is told he ship is about to drop out of hyperspace he works to wake himself up the rest of the way.  He pads over to the sink in his quarters and splashes some water on his face and tames his hair a bit.  He gets dressed again except for his jacket and gun belts and heads up to the cockpit, dropping into the co-pilot seat.  He sees Coruscant approach in the distance, getting larger and larger.  He ponders a moment why they are still so far out, but remembers Coruscants fairly strict traffic laws due to just how much traffic this planet gets.  As they enter a certain distance from the planet they are hailed by the traffic control.  He opens the comm channel and responds.~

"Traffic control, this is Republic Privateer vessel Slice Hound.  Occupants are Klae and Krace Setekh.  I am transmitting our privateer ID codes as well as our last issued landing code for Coruscant."

~He transmits the codes to traffic control and waits what seems to be a overly long period before they finally respond with the all clear and give instructions on where to land in the civilian cargo docks zone in the area south of the main senate building.  He turns to Klae and points with enthusiasm.~

"You heard the lady, onward!"

~Krace watches out the window with a grin as they begin their descent to the planet.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »

::Klae::
::Coruscanti Airspace::

High above the speeder traffic, their modified XS Freighter, the Slice Hound, breaks through the atmosphere. Swiftly darting like a predator through the forest, Klae pilots the agile beast around the tall spires and skyscrapers, approaching the Senate tower and the Spaceport. Comming the traffic control in the spaceport, Klae swings the aft around to drop slowly into position to land in one of the unoccupied hangars. As the repulsorlifts drop them slowly to the duraplate, Klae begins the post-flight protocols, Krace heading back to the main engines to lock them down manually, an extra precaution against possible ship thieves.

Shutting down the last of the avionics systems, Klae pulls her discarded boots back on, and walking back to her room to gather her things. As she pulls on her jacket and re-affixes her gun belt and blaster she calls back to Krace, "So, whats the plan Captain?"

::Continued on Coruscant::
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »

::Continued from Coruscant::

::Krace::

~Krace reaches the cockpit and starts the pre-flight checks as Aletani starts to get ready.  He makes sure things are starting normally before heading back to the engine room.  He stops by Klae's room, raising his voice through the door since he knew better than to just open it.~

"Pre-flight checks have been started, the rest of your routine is yours when you get up to the cockpit."

~He continues moving to the engine room, greeted by TB who verifies that everything is secure and repulsorlifts and engines are ready for take off.  Krace pats the droid on the head and continues the rest of his routine while waiting for Klae.~

"Go ahead and get the Hyperdrive coordinates to Utapau ready to send to the Nav computer after we get in the air."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:53:24 AM by Krace » Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »

::Klae::

Shucking off her ridiculous heeled boots, Klae aggressively works at the buttons, crumpling up the silk and tossing it in the corner. Shimmying and half-falling onto the bed she pulls of the leather pants, donning comfortable cargo pants a thermal which she immediately pulled up past her elbows and pulled on her work boots over her thick socks. Feeling the small amethyst bobble on her sternum, she decides to keep it on, it showing femininely where a a few buttons weren't buttoned closed on her top. Throwing on her gunbelt and feeling the reassuring weight on her hip and feeling vindicated by throwing the boots into the back of her small clothes closet, she happily trod up to the cockpit.

Ignoring Krace's disappointed look as she went, Klae plopped down in the pilot's chair, comming control for clearance to leave. After a couple minutes she gets the go-ahead and hits the intercom to the Hound's speaker system as she maneuvers to the exit of the hangar,

"Buckle up boys, I'm eager to leave this googly eyed planet behind us. To Utapau!"

Jamming the throttle forward they burst from the hangar and speed quickly on up out of the atmosphere of Coruscant. Making a heading for the Rimma Trade Route, Klae activates the hyperdrive, loving the thrust back into the seat and the mesmerizing creation of starlines.

Heading back to the lounge, she relaxed onto the couch, stretching her legs out across it's length, her head on the armrest.
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »

::Krace::

~Krace grins at Klae's comment about being ogled, knowing she was hating it the whole time.  He braces himself as he feels the engines surge up in response to the throttle.  He keeps a tight grip as he watches the instruments, finally relaxing as he feels them jump into hyperspace.~

"TB, I made a small list of a couple minor irregularities I found.  Check those out and see if you can get things back in tune."

~The droid checked the computer and trilled in response, saying it had seen those too and would take care of them.  As the droid went to work Krace  leaves the engine room and heads towards the lounge, plopping into a seat across from Klae and putting his feet up on the table.~

"So, this should be interesting since now we have almost no clues whatsoever about these guys and even less direction than when we went to Coruscant.  I guess we go for birth records and places he lived and went to school while he was growing up here."
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander
*

Force Alignment: -130
Posts: 934


Dark Side Points Please


WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »

::Klae::

Rolling onto her side, an arm crooked under her head, she looked over at Krace,

"We should start at the capitol of Utapau, they probably have a public records center. We could see if there's anything published about him here as well. That might give us clues."

Sitting up, Klae frowned, feeling the back of her head, her dreads were still in a messy knot, pulling it out and down to let her long, thick hair all fall straight, she looked at Krace with a blank look,

"Do you know anything about Utapau? Any current events? We don't exactly know what we're getting into here."
Logged

Krace
Game Master
Moderator
Knight Commander
*****

Force Alignment: 150
Posts: 2855


For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)


« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »

::Krace::

~He strokes his goatee as he ponders what she says.~

"Yeah, the capitol would be a good place to start, if they have a main one...    I don't know much, but I'm sure it's out there."

~He sits up a little straighter, cracking his knuckles as he speaks.  He pushes some buttons on the holo-chess table and a planetary map comes up from the holo-net.~

"The planet is one big wind-seared mess as it seems.  The surface is supposedly almost uninhabitable.  They live in these giant sinkholes, kilometers deep.  They burrow and build into the sides.  It seems the population of Utai and Pau'ans were divided into city states, with occasional border skirmishes and small wars occurring between separate sinkhole communities.  Though supposedly there's been recent beginning of reconciliation between them all.  Which seems to have brought about a unified capital, Pau city.  Unfortunately the planet I think is one of many that got caught up in the war before the treaty was signed.  Looks like they tried to stay neutral.  Thankfully our transponder still shows us as neutral, and we don't have to show our privateer IDs if we wanna play neutral."

~Krace looks from the holo display to Klae~

"Unless you can think of a strategy that is better with us showing our allegiance?  I'm not getting any bright ideas at the moment for what reason we would give them for being there..."

~He begins stroking his goatee again, a thoughtful look on his face.~
Logged




Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: