Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Aboard the Slice Hound  (Read 23791 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »

**Sato Kast**

Rolling his eyes at the speech, he glanced at the watcher before returning his gaze. "As if I was going to let you go to the Imperial capital alone."

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:50 PM »

***Watcher Seven***

The man had remained mostly silent since leaving Dromun Kaas, and had been happy to. He was not there to make friends, to influence people, or to do anything save for revealing S'evid. Besides, remaining silent and playing along had already taught him much that he hadn't known before.

There would likely be trouble between Eli, the woman, and the third one. They were all too close for their own good, and the growing pains would tear them apart. Especially considering how sure of himself the third one, Krace, was. The Jedi was obviously not one who stayed too close to the Jedi ways, having been willing to be part of the mission.

Yes, remaining silent and simply watching was telling him more about the people that he was travelling with than speech would have. Still, there was a time to speak and a time to remain silent, and in the wake of Eli's statement, it was time to speak.

Watcher Seven rose to his feet and cleared his throat. "I shupposhe I should thank you all ash well. After all, without your reshcue, I would have likely remained in that chell for many yearsh. I am aware of the fact that I am merely a meansh to an end for you all, but I do apprechiate my freedom. If it will help you to trusht me, I will give you my name."

The Watcher took a deep breath, as if in hesitation, and continued, "My name ish Jamesh. I wash little more than a child when I wash recruited to the Empire."

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 02:50:03 AM »

Eli grimaced, Seven, or James... as he was now calling himself was an imperial Watcher... lies were his forte. Eli was very good at detecting when someone was lying but Seven was a stone. Impossible to read. He doubted that even Sato with all his gifts could get anything on this slimy mind.

Still though as long as James was cooperating Eli would be amicable, "So James, what can you tell me about Treadstar, and why this S'evid gentleman has such a fascination with certain Jedi?"

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 07:38:05 AM »

::Krace::

~As Watcher 7, James, spoke up and Eli started to ask questions, Krace listened while playing with his pazaak cards.  He figured that this might be some interesting information that he was about to hear.~

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »

**Sato Kast**

He watched the man and listened, skeptical of getting any information out of the older man other than about S'evid. If there was a chance to gain more however, it was worth a shot.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »

Eli grimaced, Seven, or James... as he was now calling himself was an imperial Watcher... lies were his forte. Eli was very good at detecting when someone was lying but Seven was a stone. Impossible to read. He doubted that even Sato with all his gifts could get anything on this slimy mind.

Still though as long as James was cooperating Eli would be amicable, "So James, what can you tell me about Treadstar, and why this S'evid gentleman has such a fascination with certain Jedi?"

***Watcher Seven/James***

"To tell you that," the man said leaning forward intently, "I need to go back to the shtart. Sh'evid hash alwaysh had shomthing againsht the Mandaloriansh. When he wash a child, the Mandaloriansh killed hish family. Shince then, he hash hated all Mandaloriansh. Deshpite that, he shtill joined the Watchersh and sherved the Empire."

He looked over at the two men who were failing to hide the fact that they were listening in on the conversation and suggested, "How about you two go find me a good drink? I'm shure one of you will manage to bring back shomething sherviceable."

James turned back to Eli and continued, "Word hash it that he wash conducting pershonal reshearch into who the next Mandalore would be when a Mandalorian Jedi appeared and took a ship out from under the collective noshesh of the government. Shince then, he hash had an undying deshire to find that Jedi and shtop him. I never did find out why, but he became convinced that the Jedi was a threat to becoming Mandalore."

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »

~Krace laid his cards on the table he was sitting at and decided to be a good host.  He didn't care that Watcher 7 had looked at Sato and himself like he had caught them listening in because Krace at least hadn't been trying to hide it and he was pretty sure Sato hadn't be hiding it either.  They had just as much a right to hear all this as anybody else that had risked their necks on this mission.  He indicated for Sato to stay put and go ahead and listen to the story.  Before leaving the room Krace activated the intercom, piping the activity from the crew lounge to his earpiece so he could listen as he went.  He went to the kitchen and found a bottle of corellian ale.  Force be damned if he was gonna share the whiskey.  He poured a glass of the ale and walked out and up to the cockpit, checking their status.  They were well within Republic space now and he sighed with a little more relief.  Though they were still a couple hours out from the end of their trip, Krace didn't mind.  He patted TB on the head.~

"Make sure you let us know if anything comes up."

~The droid twittered an affirmative response and Krace left the cockpit, heading back to the lounge where everybody was.  As he walked in he deactivated the intercom and walked over to the table where Watcher 7, Eli, and Klae were sitting and sat the glass of ale in front of Watcher 7.  He then walked back over to the table his cards were sitting at and sat down again, putting his cards away as he listened to Watcher 7's tale.~
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:44:02 PM by Krace » Logged

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »

The older man simply looked at the glass of ale and back to the man who had brought it in. "It looksh like I wash right," he said with disdain, "completely incapable of mixing a decent drink. What a shame."

James turned back to Eli and shook his head, "I reached out to Sh'evid a while ago, shortly after he had hidden within the Republic. I tried to convince him that he wash on a fool'sh errand." He chuckled ruefully and looked back to the ale in disgust. "Shurely you've got shomething worth drinking on thish blashted ship. Sh'evid arranged to have me imprishoned for trying to shtop him."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 12:47:11 AM »

Eli nodded in acknowledgement. The story sounded believable enough, corroborating it at this point was impossible, and even for Eli's advanced lie detecting techniques getting a read on James was about as easy as grabbing a dianoga by the eye stalk.

Eli went through the options internally, likely at least part of the story was true, he was imprisoned, and S'evid had seemed to have an undue fixation on the highly debated General Kane. Enough so to go after his padawan and men even after the man was long gone.

Eli hadn't much of a choice but to trust the man for now, even if he couldn't bring himself to believe a word of what he was saying.

As long as he could get him to say it in front of a judge, along with the other evidence they brought to bear. They'd succeed in routing S'evid's plot.

"It's interesting to me that the Empire hasn't tried to get a leash on this guy. I suppose just pointing him in the direction of your enemies is just as viable a strategy. If he does get caught all the Empire has to do is disavow all knowledge of his existence. Same as the Republic would have done to one of us had we been caught or killed."

He shrugged, "I only hope we arrive in time to stop this travesty from happening."

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

~Krace rolled his eyes at Watcher 7's comment.  Krace tried to play good host and he was insulted.  He considered taking the glass and dumping it on Watcher 7.  He looked over at Klae, who probably would have seen that as a waste of the drink and also seemed like she might about to hit Watcher 7 for insulting a rather good Corellian ale.  Krace and Klae usually didn't drink much too often on board the ship, so they usually bought good stock, rather than some that would drink any old grog.  It wasn't the most expensive stuff out there, but it was definitely good drink.  Krace grumbled at Watcher 7's next jibe at the drink.~

"Only thing to drink on this ship is water, juice, a good Corellian Ale, which is what you have there, and a fine Corellian whiskey.  Now, if you ask nice, and stop insulting us, our ship, and our perfectly good liquor, I might get you some whiskey.  Perhaps I'll even put a little something in it to mix if you don't like it straight if you ask real nice."

~He crossed his arms and eyed Klae and the glass, indicating she might as well not let a perfectly good glass of ale go to waste.~

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »

::Klae::

Just about as amused as Krace she leaned forward, taking the tumbler from Krace she dropped it back in one gulp. With a raised brow at the Watcher then glancing up at her partner she shrugged,

"You'll stay thirsty if that's how you treat someone who just saved your karking ass from an imperial cell."

Enjoying the sweet burn down her gullet, she stood quickly and walked over to the small liquor cabinet beside the lounge. Unlocking it, she pulled out the whiskey, pouring herself a glass full. Securing the cabinet again, she leaned against it sipping her glass slowly.

Eli getting chatty with the Watcher was interesting, she wouldn't have let him out of her sight, but she wouldn't be acting friendly either. But it was hardly her call, she wasn't the one with fellow soldiers' necks on the line.

With a twisting feeling in her stomach, she wondered how far the trial had progressed, would they even get there in time to make a difference? This S'evid character was about as slick as they came from all she'd heard about him, if he was wise he'd cut to the chase and get through the trial. Of course, unless he still had connections with the Empire and was warned by someone who caught on to their little snatch and fly, he would be savoring his almost certain victory.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »

"Now, now," James said, stroking his beard, "there ish no need for shuch a beauty to shpeak sho foully. It would sheem to me that you are sherioushly in need of a man in your life. Why don't you lead the way to the back bunk you shpoke of earlier, darling. I'm shure that a bit of time and relaxation would improve your mood immenshely."

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »

~Krace smirked as he watched Klae take the glass of ale and down it swiftly.  He nodded in agreement with Klae's statement to Watcher 7, perfectly willing to let the man go thirsty for now.  He went back over to where he had been sitting, smiling as he watched Klae pour herself a glass of whiskey to follow up the glass of ale.  He reached into one of his cargo pouches on his leg and fished out his flask, deciding a nip of whiskey seemed good.  He took a sip, enjoying the burn.  As he went to take another sip, probably the last of what was in the flask he judged as he shook it before putting it to his lips, Watcher 7 retorted to Klae.  He coughed and sputtered, as the whiskey partly went down wrong and also burned his nose.  Judging by the way Watcher 7 spoke, this was not the first proposition he had made at her.  Krace considered getting angry, but instead let out a little laugh after he finished coughing.  The only thing he could see in his head was Klae taking Watcher to her room and then breaking multiple bones of his as he tried to lay hands on her.~

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2014, 02:10:17 AM »

::Klae::

Suppressing a shudder and throwing an irritated glare at Krace, Klae glanced back at the Watcher as she finished the whiskey. With an edge to her voice, she said goading him,

"This coming from a man found rotting in a cell, forgive me if I don't take your word for it."

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2014, 07:42:27 AM »

~As Klae shot him a dirty look he gave her an apologetic smile and tapped the side of his head, letting her know he'd tell her later what he'd been thinking about that caused the rather inappropriate laugh.  Krace smirked at her shooting down Watcher 7.  Hopefully he would quit being an arse and just tell his damn story now.  Krace wanted something to fill the time for the last bit of their journey and to also have enough background knowledge of what they were dealing with with S'evid.~

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: