Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Liberator in Violet Amethyst  (Read 1661 times)
Theon Beltfed
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 30, 2011, 02:38:41 AM »

Well, I got around to ordering my first Ultrasaber.  OK, not really my first US, more like my wife's first saber since she's starting to get into the Jedi thing and I already have a few Parks that I've had for nearly 9 years and are showing their age but will soon have a Phantasm in SRD once I get around to ordering that.  I've also worked in a sword and knife store that sold Parks and RLSA sabers years and years ago, and played with every saber that came in the shop.  Since all my saber experience to date is based off of this, some of my comparison will be based off this.  I don't have any pics since my camera is garbage and doesn't focus.  I suppose that's enough about me, on to why this post was clicked on

We ordered the Liberator in Violet Amethyst with an Ultraedge Heavy Grade blade since she's inexperienced with our groups combat system and is learning control.  We also had a covertec knob installed so it's ready for her belt.  I would have done it myself, but...yeah...I've broken 3 Parks', mostly through long time use, but you get the point.

Price:  Awesome.  That's one of the top reasons we went with US, the price is just fantastic for what you get.

Turnaround time:  Again, awesome.  I'm used to a very long turnaround time, bordering on 60 days.  I ordered the saber on the 16th of June and got it on the 29th of June.  And UPS didn't manhandle or stomp on it.

The saber itself:  Like most people have said on here, the pictures do not do these sabers justice.  I was iffy about a "plain" metal saber, but it's much nicer than I expected.  For the Liberator, I can't see doing much to it since it's already fairly unique with that inner contour it has.  It's also a lot thinner than I was expecting, barely thicker than the blade.  It's a bit too narrow for my liking since I'm used to a Graflex hilt, but perfect for her since she has smaller hands.  No blemishes or scratches in the hilt and the guarded switch is a lifesaver.  I can't tell you how many times I've been in a show and had a saber cut off because it didn't have a guarded switch or had a touch sensor.

The lighting: Oh man, this thing is bright.  Like super bright.  It makes my Graflex running two brand new 9v batteries look like they're dying.  A good solid, bright purple all the way along the blade, on the darker side of a pastel purple.  A number of my friends have some very old RLSA sabers that have 3/4" blades with LED lighting, and the light just tapers off towards the end of the blade even with diffusion paper and frosting the blade.  This Ultraedge blade carries the light fantastically.

Overall:  I'm really pleased with the Liberator and Ultrasabers in general.  One of my friends recently got a Dark Standard Issue staff in blazing red with 24" Ultraedge blades and they do impress, but this isn't about his saber, it's about my wife's saber.  This Ultrasaber is easily one of the nicest sabers I've gotten to get my mitts on and can't wait to order my staff so I can get working on rules for staves in our group.  We'll also be ordering a Dark War Glaive in Blazing red and my long time Sith sparring partner will be ordering a Raven (and probably be sending his original saber in for repairs if able) sometime within the year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: