Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Battle music  (Read 11341 times)
Maskboy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 06, 2011, 07:25:48 AM »

What would be some epic music to duel with?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:28:07 AM by Ultra » Logged

Prophecy - Consular Green

"This weapon is your life"

Lorhig
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:48 AM »

Reqium for a dream or clubbed to death is my choice.

But, I was going to the Toshi Station to pick up some power converters.....

tuckerfilms
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

Any good symphonic movie soundtrack really. . .

UltraSaber Aeon V1 - Blue
MR Anakin - Blue

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:52:14 PM »

If you are going to film this you could do the intro with "green leaves of summer" from Nick Perito.
You could introduce your jedi character on the same nr and introduce the sith character with Slaughter from Billy Preston.
Anyway you could also use Soccent Attack from steve Jablonsky.
Good luck with it mate MTFBWY

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:19 PM »

Reqium for a dream or clubbed to death is my choice.

YES! Requiem For a Dream would be epic!
Any good symphonic movie soundtrack really. . .

I agree.

"Dead Man Walking" by Bloodsimple, "The Game Has Changed" from Tron Legacy by Daft Punk, "Way of the Fist" by Five Finger Death Punch (much of their music in general), "Heroes of Our Time" and "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragon Force might good songs to start with.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »

Can't go wrong with "Duel of the Fates."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 12:23:23 AM »

These might be good: "Separate Ways" by Journey, "Nemo" by Nighwish, "I Will Not Bow" and "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin, The Mortal Combat theme, "Duel of the Fates" (Darth Maul's Theme) by John Williams, "Robot Rock" by Sub Focus.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »

Pleas don't use Duel of the Fates. It gets duller very time i watch a good saberduel with that music underneath. I really think that that theme, no mater how good it is, gets overused some times

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »

These might be good: "Separate Ways" by Journey, "Nemo" by Nighwish, "I Will Not Bow" and "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin, The Mortal Combat theme, "Duel of the Fates" (Darth Maul's Theme) by John Williams, "Robot Rock" by Sub Focus.

Another Breaking Benjamin fan on the forums.  You get mad kudos from me for that.  Anyone that's every been in my company for more than a day can vouch for the fact that I have a love affair with that band.  If I were making a dueling video I'd have "Natural Life" "Shallow Bay" " Firefly" or "Simple Design" in the background, those are just off the top of my head.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »

Another Breaking Benjamin fan on the forums.  You get mad kudos from me for that.  Anyone that's every been in my company for more than a day can vouch for the fact that I have a love affair with that band.  If I were making a dueling video I'd have "Natural Life" "Shallow Bay" " Firefly" or "Simple Design" in the background, those are just off the top of my head.
[/quote]

Firefly has a beautiful melody. It's subdued, and yet, carries a feeling of barely suppressed desperation.

BPStoyle
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »

Two Steps from Hell is a group that specializes in movie trailer music. Their stuff has been used in trailers for Star Trek and Doctor Who and several others. They have some wonderfully epic stuff, and some of it does sound very close to John Williams' scores. I used a lot of their music last summer for our lightsaber dueling show "Duels of Destiny."

Bryan Patrick Stoyle
www.BryanPatrickStoyle.com

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »

Two Steps from Hell is a group that specializes in movie trailer music. Their stuff has been used in trailers for Star Trek and Doctor Who and several others. They have some wonderfully epic stuff, and some of it does sound very close to John Williams' scores. I used a lot of their music last summer for our lightsaber dueling show "Duels of Destiny."

Awesome! That must have been fun.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »

You could use "The Saga Begins" by Weird Al Yankovich if you want a few laughs.

Other than that I've alway imagined dueling to Disturbed or Avenged Sevenfold for some reason. And Rise Against, I think there stuff might work. Depends on your taste.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »

You could use some classic music sequences from Pirates of the Caribbean, Iron Man, Transformers, Spiderman etc. there is enough to choose from and it isn't as cheesy as duel of the fates. Don't get me wrong i love that theme but everyone uses it for their saber battles.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »

For some really absurd and potentially hilarious nuance to a saber duel, you might want to consider these: I Am a Gummy Bear, Crazy Frog, and "Dam Dadi Doo" by Nightcore.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: