Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: R.I.P Paul Walker  (Read 9262 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 04:27:26 AM »

I didn't mean THAT kind of funny.... perhaps I should have said weird?

A coincidence.

I know you meant coincidence, not funny; it's not the most appropriate observation, given the circumstances, but it is a tragic coincidence.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" - Paul Walker
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:40:44 AM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »

A coincidence.

I know you meant coincidence, not funny; it's not the most appropriate observation, given the circumstances, but it is a tragic coincidence.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" - Paul Walker

I LOVE that quote. I re-quoted it to my Mom once. She was not amused. But that pretty much sums up how I feel about speed and driving fast. Though I do try to control myself, so as not to hurt anyone else.

So, I'm now hearing that he was showing the car off(it was his Porsche) at the charity event, which was a car show. He was giving people joy rides all day, letting try out his new toy. This may have been what he was doing when they crashed.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 05:16:02 AM »

I LOVE that quote. I re-quoted it to my Mom once. She was not amused. But that pretty much sums up how I feel about speed and driving fast. Though I do try to control myself, so as not to hurt anyone else.

So, I'm now hearing that he was showing the car off(it was his Porsche) at the charity event, which was a car show. He was giving people joy rides all day, letting try out his new toy. This may have been what he was doing when they crashed.

He was raffling off the rides for the charity event.

I will not place blame because this was a horrible incident, but Paul was the passenger.

Inexperience in handling a high powered car like a Porsche GT is rumored to be what may have caused the accident or just a straight accident as this article seems to show, Roger Rodas (the supposed driver) having knowledge of vehicle's like this.

Sauce: http://www.eonline.com/news/486271/paul-walker-s-death-five-things-to-know-about-roger-rodas

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 05:21:42 AM »

He was raffling off the rides for the charity event.

I will not place blame because this was a horrible incident, but Paul was the passenger.

Inexperience in handling a high powered car like a Porsche GT is rumored to be what may have caused the accident or just a straight accident as this article seems to show, Roger Rodas (the supposed driver) having knowledge of vehicle's like this.

Sauce: http://www.eonline.com/news/486271/paul-walker-s-death-five-things-to-know-about-roger-rodas

Not trying to place blame, simply sharing info we have, on the circumstances. We're all interested.

Yeah, these cars are NOT ones you simply drive off the lot, that's for sure.

(Sig by me!)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 05:27:22 AM »

Not trying to place blame, simply sharing info we have, on the circumstances. We're all interested.

Yeah, these cars are NOT ones you simply drive off the lot, that's for sure.

I don't know much about this car in particular, but in the pictures of the wreck, it looks as though the tree they collided with had split the car all the way up into the middle of the cab; so the engine is in the back, otherwise that would not have happened, right?

How did the car ignite? Are gas tanks usually located away from the engine?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 06:21:36 AM »

I don't know much about this car in particular, but in the pictures of the wreck, it looks as though the tree they collided with had split the car all the way up into the middle of the cab; so the engine is in the back, otherwise that would not have happened, right?

How did the car ignite? Are gas tanks usually located away from the engine?

It was a Porsche, so yes the engine would be in the back of the car.

They are, usually under the trunk. Most cars, that means in the rear, high end sports cars are in the front. So when they hit, the gas tank was also split, spilling it's contents all over. A stream of gas runs to the engine..... I think you can figure the rest.

(Sig by me!)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:57:11 AM »

It was a Porsche, so yes the engine would be in the back of the car.

They are, usually under the trunk. Most cars, that means in the rear, high end sports cars are in the front. So when they hit, the gas tank was also split, spilling it's contents all over. A stream of gas runs to the engine..... I think you can figure the rest.

Bummer...

Well TJ have a good night and drive safe, my friend; same goes for the rest of you hooligans!  Wink

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »

I just found out that a friend of mine went to high school with the driver. This news hit him pretty hard. I just wish the driver could get as much attention as Mr. Walker. I don't even know his name. And it was a Porsche Carrera GT. An insanely fast and furious (and gorgeous) car!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »

I just found out that a friend of mine went to high school with the driver. This news hit him pretty hard. I just wish the driver could get as much attention as Mr. Walker. I don't even know his name. And it was a Porsche Carrera GT. An insanely fast and furious (and gorgeous) car!

Roger Rodas.

There's a link posted above that has a bit more info on Mr. Rodas.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

Yeah, I've definitely heard plenty about Mr. Rodas, I don't know why people are acting like he's being slighted in some way.

From what I've heard, Mr. Rodas was an experienced race car driver, so the crash wasn't likely caused by inexperience with a high powered vehicle.....

Anyway, I hope both of them Rest In Peace. Famous or not, dying like this is a tragedy.

(Sig by me!)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 11:05:01 PM »

Apparently, it was a steering fluid leak.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-walker-roger-rodas-deadly-accident-porsche-malfunction-fluid-leak/

(Sig by me!)

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:03 AM »

This was very upsetting to hear. I was quite a fan of his and enjoy just about every movie he was in. Did you know he studied Marine Biology before he went into acting? Learned this during this year's Shark Week on Discovery channel.

I found this while waiting for my car to get new tires at Walmart:

R.I.P. Paul Walker

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »

This was an accident, plain and simple. It had nothing to do with inexperience driving that car. The Porche Carerra GT is notorious for being difficult to drive due to its sheer power. Professional drivers are scared of this car and its handling. It has a top speed of 208 mph and comes with a 612 horsepower engine (upgradable to at least 660 hp). On top of that, it is extremely sensitive to drive.

The cause of the accident is most likely going to be a cold engine, cold tires, and non-racetrack driving surfaces (basically, the car not being up to optimum driving conditions). With the extreme responsiveness of that car, even a small pothole or something in the road can cause the driver to lose control and crash.

********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8UCI7r1Aqw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8UCI7r1Aqw</a>

Tyrese Gibson visited the crash site and broke down in tears.

His reaction is just heartbreaking. You can definitely tell that Paul left his mark on the people he worked with.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: