Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Followup Brings Apocalypse To Theaters in 2016  (Read 3077 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:09 PM »

It’s one of the craziest and most exciting weeks on record for superhero movie news. It started with the home video release of The Wolverine bringing about talk of its followup in development, followed by news that the X-Force screenplay was complete and promised big things for the future of Fox’s X-Men franchise.

Then that quickly was trumped by the Warner Bros. bomb, casting Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman where she will finally make her big screen debut. Then this morning came the official trailer for Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and confirmation of a large roster of villains Sony’s cinematic universe aims to introduce. So, how do you bring back headlines towards your universe? Namedrop the biggest, baddest villain in it says Fox.

Bryan Singer, the director who brought the X-Men to life in 2000′s X-Men and its beloved sequel, returned to the franchise for X-Men: First Class where he was initially tapped to direct before being pulled out due to scheduling conflicts with Jack the Giant Slayer. He brought in Matthew Vaughn, who had previously come close to directing X-Men 3 and the first Wolverine spinoff previously, to takeover and for the next team-up in X-Men: Days of Future Past they switched positions and Singer is back in the director’s chair.

We heard rumblings that in addition to the sitting-and-waiting Deadpool script, the in-development Wolverine 3 story by James Mangold and Hugh Jackman and the just-completed screenplay for Jeff Wadlow’s X-Force, Simon Kinberg and Bryan Singer may have already been planning a direct followup to Days of Future Past, a film that would round out the First Class trilogy.

We now know what that project is, and yes, fans are finally going to see X-Men villain Apocalypse on the big screen.

Singer tweeted:
@BryanSinger
#Xmen #Apocalypse 2016!

Apocalypse (real name: En Sabah Nur) is an ancient mutant who hails from Egypt, the first mutant, and he wields alien technology that grant him many of his powers. The character goes hand-in-hand with time travel tales since one of the X-Men‘s greatest crossover events in Marvel Comics involves an alternate timeline where he successfully conquers the world. Where there is Apocalypse and time travel there is also the mutant known as Cable who many fans have been waiting on for years, a character we believe is a lock for the X-Force film and could be introduced or teased – like Apocalypse – in Days of Future Past.

When confirming the “Days of Future Past” title during interviews while promoting Jack the Giant Slayer, Singer went on record explaining that he, along with the writing team and Matthew Vaughn, had plans to blow open the X-Men comics library. He explained that the X-Men universe and its wide array of characters and books had enough material to practically rival what Marvel Studios was working with in The Avengers universe. X-Men: Days of Future Past would not only be introducing many new elements (like time travel) into the X-Men film universe but it would serve to “fix” many of the continuity errors of the series and relaunch the series in a sense.

During San Diego Comic-Con, rumors surfaced that Apocalypse would have some role to play in Days of Future Past and Singer responded somewhat awkwardly when asked directly. With someone messing with the timeline and Apocalypse definitely coming, the films may be drawing bits of inspiration from the Age of Apocalypse comics (the crossover mentioned above). Does that mean X-Men: The Last Stand’s Angel will return and become Archangel, a nemesis of Apocalypse? Or is actor Ben Foster too busy with his new role in Warcraft (also coming in 2016)?

The 2016 date means we can expect much of the cast to return, although judging by actpr Shawn Ashmore’s Twitter response to Bryan Singer’s tweet, that may not be the case. With Days of Future Past coming next summer, the Fantastic Four reboot coming 2015 and now another X-Men coming in 2016, where does that leave X-Force and Wolverine 3 (Deadpool would come after X-Force)? Is it possible we see Fox attempt to release two X-Films per year (as Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld suggested)? How many of these will Hugh Jackman sign for? That old rumor about Jackman’s 4-picture deal makes a lot more sense now.

For those wondering, Rob Liefeld confirmed that the completed X-Force script is for a different movie. It’s not the same as what Bryan Singer is teasing today.

The Wolverine is now available on home video, X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23, 2014. Fantastic Four opens June 19, 2015.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-sequel-2016/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »

I want to see Age of Apocalypse in movie form, damnit...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:37:47 PM »

I want to see Age of Apocalypse in movie form, damnit...

This...this is a truth...if not one then two or three AoA films or one movie and a followup TV version....oooooooooo!

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »

May 27, 2016 will see the release of X-Men: Apocalypse!

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »

How ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Leads To Apocalypse

[Warning: There are major potential spoilers ahead regarding the end of X-Men: Days of Future Past]

According to First Showing, who claim to have an insider in the know who they spoke to after the X-Men: Apocalypse announcement, Apocalypse is introduced at the end of X-Men: Days of Future Past and director Bryan Singer already cast him, but it’s not what you think. Apocalypse will become a character already in the franchise. Here’s how.

In the film universe, Apocalypse will reportedly have the power to transfer his consciousness and abilities into other mutants and possesses a key character you already know. First Showing has seen a few pages of the script from a second source that seemingly verifies this information, but they don’t reveal some of the even bigger spoilers surrounding the epic conclusion of the film and major “unbelievable” teases of the future of the franchise.

You should know by now to keep your butt planted as the credits roll for a Marvel movie and you definitely need to stick around for this.

(Highlight to continue reading)

The X-Men: Days of Future Past post-credits button will – according to FS - show young Magneto in the ’70s (Michael Fassbender) living in isolation out in a desert – likely because the world is after him for thinking he assassinated president John F. Kennedy - and while out of his hut grabbing water he sees an object come crashing down from the sky and into the ground nearby. Magneto investigates and an alien described as ”towering, terrifying, with a twisted metal face and dark pits for eyes” emerges and says:

“I have crossed rivers of time to find you.”

Magneto asks the being to identify itself and it responds:

“I am your future.”

Apocalypse then possesses Magneto, resulting in a massive explosion. Magneto, now possessed and realizing his upgraded god-like powers, smiles and then it cuts out. Do we have a time-travelling super-powerful Michael Fassbender as the primary antagonist of the past and present X-Men for X-Men: Apocalypse? Sounds like it.

While this revelation, if true, is of course a deviation from the comics, it could be drawing elements from the Ultimate X-Men comics where Apocalypse is introduced by using Mr. Sinister – another key X-Men villain - as a host. In that iteration of the universe and character, Cable takes Professor X into the future to train him to battle Apocalypse (makes a lot of sense to have that happen with James McAvoy). They come back and team up with the X-Men and – you guessed it – the Fantastic Four to fight Apocalypse. Even Jean Grey’s Phoenix Force (see: X-Men: The Last Stand) is involved.

Also in the Ultimate universe, the time-travelling mutant known as Cable is actually an older Wolverine who’s spent much of his life battling Apocalypse. We still don’t know if Cable is going to be introduced, but with time travel stories and X-Force on the way, it’d be strange not to introduce him, since fellow time travelers Bishop (Omar Sy) is going to play a role in Days of Future Past. We’ve tossed around theories on the site here several times on how Hugh Jackman could play Cable as well as Wolverine should the creatives choose that route instead of making Cable the son of under-utilized X-Men team leader Cyclops.

We now wonder if the 2015 reboot of Fantastic Four will also tie into X-Men: Apocalypse (the timing is right) and how X-Force will factor in. Will Fox essentially run two separate timeline/dimensions side-by-side with many of the actors playing different versions of the characters in each? Will we see some fan-favorite mutants become the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Could the alternate timeline device Fox is employing be the answer to the potential ultimate multi-studio crossover years and years down the road? One step at a time.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-spoilers-apocalypse/all/1/

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »

I am going to need to hit the lottery or get a third job in order to be able to see everything.  Kham you are like a four leaf clover and good luck charm rolled into one.  Every time I read one of your posts I keep feeling like good things are finally coming my way. 

So much to look forward to now!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:39:13 PM »

I am going to need to hit the lottery or get a third job in order to be able to see everything.  Kham you are like a four leaf clover and good luck charm rolled into one.  Every time I read one of your posts I keep feeling like good things are finally coming my way. 

So much to look forward to now!!!

Thank you, Blue, you're very welcome.

Glad I can be a messenger of good news.  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ To Explore Mutant Origins; Connected To ‘Days of Future Past’

The latest news regarding the next X-Men superhero team-up film saw one expected returning character get her scenes cut from the theatrical release, and another who we didn’t even know about (until today) get included. Rogue (Anna Paquin) won’t be showing up in X-Men: Days of Future Past come May when Fox’s second most expensive production ever – the biggest budget superhero film on record - hits theaters, but a younger version of the villainous Toad will make an appearance.

There’s a chance one or the other might pop up again in the already-announced Days of Future Past sequel, tentatively dubbed X-Men: Apocalypse. Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty are already working on the story and while Singer was reportedly already tapped to direct – and we expect him to – it’s not quite official yet.

Speaking with EW, Bryan Singer spoke of his involvement with the third installment in the First Class trilogy, specifying that he’s not signed to direct just yet.

“I’m co-writing the story and I’m producing it. I’m negotiating to direct. We’re in the process. We’re trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it.”

As for the possibility of X-Men: Days of Future Past setting up or at least teasing its recently confirmed 2016 followup, possibly with the rumored post-credits scene involving a certain character in the desert, Singer says he’s “still deciding that.” Obviously, in some way it will since X-Men: Apocalypse – or whatever it ends up being called – has long been an idea for Singer and writer Simon Kinberg. Singer continues, explaining that the stories are linked:

“Something that happens in this movie causes what’s going to happen in that movie.”

Back when the studio hired popular comics writer Mark Millar as a consultant for their future Marvel movies, Singer went on record explaining that he hadn’t spoken with Millar and that he has his own ideas for where the franchise would go. Below is what Singer said 10 months ago and we have a feeling that Apocalypse, arguably the X-Men’s greatest foe, has been in the cards for some time.

“All I know is that I have my own specific beliefs about how to take this universe forward. I started with the first X-Men, then First Class and now I am combining them and I think it could go further than that and I have some ideas about that, so perhaps he should chat to me at some point.”

As for the story of Apocalypse and what it means for the long-running franchise as a whole, Singer teases that it will deal with the origins of mutantkind.

“It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It’s something that’s always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers.”

Apocalypse, in the comics, is the first mutant, and when Singer first revealed that he would be showing up in a 2016 X-Men project, he had to quell some fan speculation after rumors hinted at the possibility that the character could be an alien. He’s not. With time-travel now in the cards, Apocalypse’s origins dating back thousands of years, and the potential for alternate timelines and multiple versions of familiar characters, Fox is blowing the door open with Days of Future Past and banking on it hard to re-establish the franchise, leading to spinoffs (like X-Force and Wolverine 3) and crossovers with the Fantastic Four.

Bryan Singer directs X-Men: Days of Future Past with newcomers Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing, Evan Peters, Adan Canto, Josh Helman, Evan Jonigkeit along with returning stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Halle Berry, Lucas Till, and Daniel Cudmore.

The Wolverine is now available on home video, X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters May 23, 2014. Fantastic Four opens June 19, 2015. X-Men: Apocalypse releases May 27, 2016 release.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-story-origins/

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

Hmmm good times good times.

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print