Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Driver Config Flickering Shimmering effect  (Read 20044 times)
Ealotech
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 158

« on: December 06, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4y70fHzVrg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4y70fHzVrg</a>

Hello Saberforum

Many people been asking and wondering about the Emerald Driver configurations to achieve the flickering/shimmering effect using the Emerald Driver. So here it is the video demonstrating on the flickering/shimmering effect. I like to say it look super amazing I know the video recording is not the best but if you had the saber in person is feels, looks way toooooooooo real! Grin

Settings:

he Configuration:

Timing: 0s - 0.1s - 0s - 0.1

FoC: 0.1 Play 3 times.

Colors:

Primary LED2 225 (Green) , Secondary LED2 175 (Green)
FoC LED2 225 (Green) LED3 225 (Blue) = Very Light Blue

Wishlist: Emerald Consular, Emerald Guardian, Emerald Chosen One

FadeToGray
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Not actually sith, I just like red. and lightning.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:24:02 PM »

nicely done, and thanks for the info. will definitely have to try this when my emerald saber shows up.

Sabers:  DSI v3 - BR 
Bellicose -  
Consular - CG 
Guardian - Emerald Driver
DSIv3 with Sound - BR
Raven SS -
Initiate v3.1 - Arctic Blue

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »

Looks great, just like the sabers in the movies. I'll try to remember that when I have my Emerald Graflex one day xD

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4y70fHzVrg

Hello Saberforum

Many people been asking and wondering about the Emerald Driver configurations to achieve the flickering/shimmering effect using the Emerald Driver. So here it is the video demonstrating on the flickering/shimmering effect. I like to say it look super amazing I know the video recording is not the best but if you had the saber in person is feels, looks way toooooooooo real! Grin

Settings:

he Configuration:

Timing: 0s - 0.1s - 0s - 0.1

FoC: 0.1 Play 3 times.

Colors:

Primary LED2 225 (Green) , Secondary LED2 175 (Green)
FoC LED2 225 (Green) LED3 225 (Blue) = Very Light Blue

Dude that FoC is so intense.  I definitely gotta try something like that once I get an Emerald saber.  It's probably just the effect of the contrasting colors but it''s pretty awesome.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Masta Amaru
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:00:07 AM »

Does Flash on Clash work with emerald sabers without sound? I have a emerald prophecy, and they do not come with sound in the emeralds. and I don't know if flash on clash will work for it, but it isn't right now, just got it today tho, so I may not know what im doing wrong.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:04:26 AM »

You can go as low as 0.02...  On all settings... For any emerald... Anything below .1  is only allowed in 2s.. 0.02-0.04-0.06-0.08   But you can get all the settings to go that low. There are MANY doors for effects opened with emerald drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Obvious
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 09:01:35 AM »

You can go as low as 0.02...  On all settings... For any emerald... Anything below .1  is only allowed in 2s.. 0.02-0.04-0.06-0.08   But you can get all the settings to go that low. There are MANY doors for effects opened with emerald drivers.

Yeah, and on the ramp-up and ramp-down for the pulse you can even set them to 0, so you can get a very quick strobe of .02 for one color and then the other. I find that this works especially well if the colors are more or less the same hue, but different in brightness.

Eero
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

Can anyone recommend good emerald settings if you want to achieve the same kind of shimmer effect with Article Blue as the primary?

cshigeok
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »

ive just increased or decreased the colors 20 or so up or down for the opposing color to get nice shimmer color effect

I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi and I may sometimes seem misguided but I have not necessarily succumbed to the Dark Side.

Dark Prophecy V3 in Arctic blue
Reaper RGBW Emerald w/ Obsidian (slight mods)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »

Holy crap, I am trying this immediately!  That makes it look super realistic, like it would just burn your hand right off if you even dared to touch the blade.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 07:11:07 PM »

Does Flash on Clash work with emerald sabers without sound? I have a emerald prophecy, and they do not come with sound in the emeralds. and I don't know if flash on clash will work for it, but it isn't right now, just got it today tho, so I may not know what im doing wrong.
No, Flash on Clash only works on sabers with sound, even when you have an Emerald saber. It's a feature built into the sound board, so it won't work without it....until there is an upgraded Driver available that merges the Emerald as well as the sound board features into one board Wink Which is quite unlikely due to the complicated structures of both boards...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »

I run my configuration at .02 .04 .04 .02 with the colors being essentially the same, just one being ever slightly dimmer than the other. It gives it a really nice flicker - almost gives the blade a scary unstable look.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 08:41:48 PM »

It was mentioned in another topic that some users have noticed a fraction of a second "darkness" in the blade when it pulses between colors during a "slow" pulse setting.  Has anyone noticed this on either the quickened pulse or the slow pulse?  Just curious.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10:32 PM »

My setting is so fast that if there is a darkness portion I can't see it - even after close investigation.  It looks like a constant  subtle flicker.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

Same.  The only time I notice it is when I have a slow pulse, like a 2-3 second setting.  I honestly think that's normal, though.  I actually didn't even notice that until someone else pointed it out in another thread. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: