Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Violet Amethyst Prophecy  (Read 5298 times)
Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« on: July 01, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Sith, Grey and Light siders.  Here's my first review:

Today I have received my Prophecy, Violet Amethyst with a mid grade blade.  I will break my review down into the basic components: Hilt, color and balance.

HILT:
The hilt is beautiful.  I can't say anything else.  It's an incredible hilt with a great weight to it.  The dual thumb screws really make it stick out to me.

Color:
This is where I'm less impressed.  The color is certainly BRIGHT as you will see in the youtube video, but it lacks a defining Violet Amethyst color.  Some of the pictures really capture the aura of the blade and give it the corona I expected but you'll see at the end of the video that the distinctive color is lacking.  I am more emboldened to assert this because I bought my girlfriend a Violet Amethyst blade (which I don't currently have) and the color difference is striking to me.  The pictures definitely add to the color.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR5uzn75KIk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR5uzn75KIk</a>

The balance of this saber is incredible, easy to spin and easy for short quick strikes.  The video shows that pretty clearly.  It should be noted that Deep did me a personal favor and shortened the blade to 32" at my request.  AND LOOK AT HOW THAT BEAUTY LIGHTS A ROOM!!!!

Let me be clear.  I LOVE THIS SABER I just am looking for a way to get more Violet Amethyst out of it.  If anyone has any idea of how to improve it let me know.  I'm using AAA Energizers and a mid grade blade.  I tried it with my ultraedge and that didn't really do anything for me.  Again, I only wish the color was more obvious, though in the pictures it's quite striking!  I'm proud to have it as part of my Ultrasabers Arsenal!

Top to bottom:
Prophecy - Violet Amethyst
Omen - Guarian Blue
ST Battle Staff - SRD
Initiate - Adegan Silver

Your own very excited,
Artorius Vidnyl

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »

Very nice pics.  Quite a collection!  I would also like to figure out how to make the color more deep, as my girlfriend's VA saber also has a pale quality to it.  Regardless, a nice looking saber.

Chowser
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »

You can probably tweak the RBG somewhat to make it a different shade.  my VA prophecy came out a little pink, which was perfect because it was for my 8 yr old daughter.

(modded somewhat with a short ultraedge blade and MR jedi soundcard)

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »

Try using rechargable batteries. Instead of 6 volts, that would equal 4.8. You will see
A noticible differance.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 07:05:07 AM »

Beautiful Saber Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »

Beautiful Saber Wink

Thank you all for your kind words!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: