Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Availability of new AV-switches  (Read 4025 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:15 AM »

@ Caine:

I've been a collector of comics and action figures for about 10 years now. So believe me when I tell you that I can cope with release announcements, delays etc pp. But if you get a CS email-answer telling you that the red AVs will be in stock in about a week and then you hear nothing else for 3+ weeks, you ask again. Also, I haven't been the only one interested in these switches. So I thought, I'd start a new topic for this. I do see now that in "the wonderful world of the saber community" this was a faux pas. And no, I had no clue how hard they are to come by. In my world it would stand to reason that if there are blue switches, there might be red ones as well. Now I know why it's not that simple, that I was mistaken and that I might have to wait quite a bit longer. Thanks. That's no problem at all. It's actually all I wanted to know - and IMHO it has nothing to do with being overexcited or whatnot.

Wink

Just curious, who did you get an email from confirming the stock of red AV switches?  I'm not calling you out, I was just intrigued about your sources.

When it comes to reliable information about specific updates, I wouldn't rely on the forums too much.  Like Ultra said, these forums are here for basic research and fun for fans of Ultrasabers, so I wouldn't use it as a primary method of information gathering about what features will be available.  It's more of a hangout place for fans, as well as a source of some basic FAQ type stuff for beginners.  We're all very easy going it seems, and willing to answer most questions (even questions that have been answered many many MANY times) so if you have any other questions or thoughts feel free to start up a thread.

As for the AV switches, I gotta thank Ultra for confirming his position.  It's easy to question such a thing, but working in acquisition for the government I get a personal look into how tough it is to find a reliable supplier of a part.

MiSha
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 05:18:02 AM »

Just curious, who did you get an email from confirming the stock of red AV switches?  I'm not calling you out, I was just intrigued about your sources.

When it comes to reliable information about specific updates, I wouldn't rely on the forums too much.  Like Ultra said, these forums are here for basic research and fun for fans of Ultrasabers, so I wouldn't use it as a primary method of information gathering about what features will be available.  It's more of a hangout place for fans, as well as a source of some basic FAQ type stuff for beginners.  We're all very easy going it seems, and willing to answer most questions (even questions that have been answered many many MANY times) so if you have any other questions or thoughts feel free to start up a thread.

As for the AV switches, I gotta thank Ultra for confirming his position.  It's easy to question such a thing, but working in acquisition for the government I get a personal look into how tough it is to find a reliable supplier of a part.

I don't think I have to proove anything and I won't give names. I got the info from US staff - which isn't that many people - and that should suffice.

Fortunately, Ultra has given us the heads up on this issue and I'm still hoping that we're going to see red AV switches one day. So no hard feelings for what has been asked or answered.

And I'm outta this thread.  Smiley

You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?

- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »

Thought everyone should know Nero noticed that there are now Red and Green AV switches available on Ultrasabers website.  Enjoy!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »

Thought everyone should know Nero noticed that there are now Red and Green AV switches available on Ultrasabers website.  Enjoy!

I saw this in the email I received this morning, I thought I would express my thoughts on the matter...

JOY!!! JOY!!! JOY!!! JUBILATION!!!
Wink  Grin  Grin  Grin

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 04:03:50 PM »

You are far too happy for a once Dark Lord of the Sith.   Tongue

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »

You are far too happy for a once Dark Lord of the Sith.   Tongue

Happiness Comes and Goes My Brother From The Light Wink  For It, As Anger and Rage, Is Part of Passion, and Passion Is What Fuels Me... Be It Light or Dark  Wink

(and It appears that I am still Dark Lord, refer to my topic (of stepping down) for further explanation)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »

I saw this in the email I received this morning, I thought I would express my thoughts on the matter...

JOY!!! JOY!!! JOY!!! JUBILATION!!!
Wink  Grin  Grin  Grin

I felt the same way!  Well it was more mixed feelings, supreme happiness mixed with incredible temptation and ultimately disappointment as I realized I'm saving up money for numerous items (new laptop for TOR, new car, school loans, etc) and really cannot afford another sound saber right now...

When I DO get one I will get something more darkside, with Blazing Red and a red AV switch!  And a Dark Violet MLS!  Bwahahaha!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »

Yipeee! Another thing I can't afford.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up