Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Omen  (Read 55712 times)
Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »

Even though I'm not a Thundercats fan I still really like the Omen, even the emitter.  I guess that's probably because I've never seen Thundercats so I don't associate the hilt with the show.

Also for those of you who don't like Thundercats or aren't a fan of the emitter, the claws(more of cross guard) can be removed.  So if you got the saber with the blank discs and then removed the claws there would be very little association with Thundercats and the saber would still look very nice.

I'll have to pick this beast up some time.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »

I must admit, I saw this and truly laughed out loud.

It takes some front to go for something like this - it's beautiful, but I have to imagine there won't be the same demand as for 'generic' hilts simply because of the associations.

I'm hoping it'll be possible to mix and match segments of the hilt - I can see this with the crimson pommel, azure hilt and black crossguard, for example.

I'm also curious if the claws can be reversed - one up, one down would look really cool, and could even offer a little extra protection to the main hand of the wielder.

Will I buy this? Hmmm... It's not on my shortlist just yet - but as a fan of the show when I was a kid, I have thought in the past that a decent replica would be something I'd like. With a silver blade this could definitely work.

Also, whoever gets this, I hope you have multiple blade lengths, simply to replicate the iconic sequence where the blade lengthens from a dagger to a shoto to a broadsword... There must be pics!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »

I want one. My wallet and sense of practicality say 'no', but I want one... Cheesy

I don't know that I'll go buying one anytime soon, but as I'm slowly getting into Thundercats, I might grab one next convention season... or perhaps if I come into unforeseen wealth in the near future. Smiley I'd LOVE to have a crossguard emitter like that! Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »

I don't know that I want all of one but I was thinking an Azure Reaper with the Azure Omen emitter with blank blue discs. Smiley. MHS is so fun and I don't have a completely MHS saber yet.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »

I was a big Thundercats fan a long time ago! I saw this and my jaw dropped! This is a beauty, and even more excited that both ends are MHS compatible! I really wish I could drop $450ish on this! I have to see this as a staff. I've always like the idea of an actual sword-like lightsaber. This is it! When I was a kid my friend had a toy version of this sword. Now I can get an adult toy version!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

This is actually rather brilliant in terms of an idea and to increase their market because I don't think any saber smith produces a lightsaber from another source other than Star Wars.

What this means is that possibly Ultrasaber's can start producing sabers from other sources that were really popular.

I'm not exactly sure what, but the sources are nearly endless with all of the stuff that has come out or is coming out.
It's nice to see Ultrasaber's branching out of the usual "lightsaber".  Imagine all the buying people will be doing at conventions and in general when they see a Thundercat's styled lightsaber.

I can't wait to get one of these and stick it on a Yari Pike, effectively making a halberd or trident perhaps.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:32 PM »

This is actually rather brilliant in terms of an idea and to increase their market because I don't think any saber smith produces a lightsaber from another source other than Star Wars.

What this means is that possibly Ultrasaber's can start producing sabers from other sources that were really popular.

I'm not exactly sure what, but the sources are nearly endless with all of the stuff that has come out or is coming out.
It's nice to see Ultrasaber's branching out of the usual "lightsaber".  Imagine all the buying people will be doing at conventions and in general when they see a Thundercat's styled lightsaber.

I can't wait to get one of these and stick it on a Yari Pike, effectively making a halberd or trident perhaps.

BOOM! TRIDENT!  DO IT NOW!

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Darth Sihilious
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 11:55:13 PM »

When I saw this I instantly thought of the sword font you can download onto it...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »

*clicks on thread*

*scrolls down*

*jaw drops*

*faints*

Rurounotaku
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »

Since I've never seen Thundercats, I was instead reminded about Gourry's Sword of Light from The Slayers. Release a Ragna Blade next!

You mean this that I made: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4918.0;topicseen

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:24 AM »

Sooooo I get a full time job that hasn't let me hit the forum as much as I like in the last 7 months, I and I come back to this???  NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:42:50 AM by Duff Man » Logged

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:15 AM »

Fellow "forum old guys" may notice that the name of the saber is a clever throwback to the PVC model called the Omen... and at the same time a great reference to its inspiration.  Well done!

I'm probably going to have to pick one of these puppies up, if nothing else to give that crossguard a try in sparring...

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2013, 03:34:41 AM »

*is proud to have caught that*

Whatthe! A Zoidberg sighting? Darn, I forgot my camera today! Lol good to see ya around Duff! Hope the job's going well! Wink

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2013, 04:42:37 AM »

*is proud to have caught that*

Whatthe! A Zoidberg sighting? Darn, I forgot my camera today! Lol good to see ya around Duff! Hope the job's going well! Wink

going good but not electronics aloud, so no forum time.....But I do get a lot of O.T. so I should finally be picking up a new saber after xmas.........maybe this one?

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »

OMG!!!  I grew up with Thundercats, the 80's version is one of my favorite cartoons EVER! I have every episode on DVD and a lot of the toys as well.  I am SO excited about this new saber, I love the Azure and the Dark Omen and will probably get both eventually.  I've finally found a saber that I want a silver blade for.  This saber looks fantastic and I especially want to thank Deep and Ultra for creating this one, it is now the next saber on my list to get!!! Grin

I need a towel... Tongue

I even have the oh-so-rare 80's Sword of Omens toy!

And several of the older and newer figures.  There's also an orange hair variant Lion O just out of camera shot.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: