Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Omen  (Read 55711 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2013, 05:55:44 AM »

How bout a scabbard?

Perhaps something that is rather flexible and would fit a rapier since a saber blade is fairly narrow.  Not sure how well it would sheath if the hilt would be too topheavy.  Lion-O never had one because he kept the shortened version of the sword in his grappler claw.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Stygian
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »

OMG NERDGASM!! I got this email and screamed like Archer when he found the liquor tray in his new car lol

"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead" -Revan

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »

Perhaps something that is rather flexible and would fit a rapier since a saber blade is fairly narrow.  Not sure how well it would sheath if the hilt would be too topheavy.
If you mean an actual rapier, a saber blade is not even remotely as narrow.  I can fit the first 2 feet of my cut-and-thrust sword inside a mid-grade saber blade. The width of the sword's ricasso--the widest part of the blade--is still smaller than the outer diameter of the saber blade, and of course the blade is much thinner.  A true rapier is smaller than my cut-and-thrust sword; you could probably sheathe a rapier's entire blade inside the saber blade without touching the sides.

At a guess, a 14th-15th century longsword scabbard might work, if it was flexible enough to open out to nearly round.  (Perhaps just leather, without metal throat and chape.)  The weight distribution should be ok; there have been many swords with much of their weight in the hilt and pommel (including rapiers) and they're not difficult to carry.  I'd just be sure that the scabbard fits the blade reasonably well and is constrained from going too close to horizontal.  If you did use a 40" HG blade, the sheathed length could be awkward both to carry and draw, but the blade weight may help with balance.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

If you mean an actual rapier, a saber blade is not even remotely as narrow.  I can fit the first 2 feet of my cut-and-thrust sword inside a mid-grade saber blade. The width of the sword's ricasso--the widest part of the blade--is still smaller than the outer diameter of the saber blade, and of course the blade is much thinner.  A true rapier is smaller than my cut-and-thrust sword; you could probably sheathe a rapier's entire blade inside the saber blade without touching the sides.

At a guess, a 14th-15th century longsword scabbard might work, if it was flexible enough to open out to nearly round.  (Perhaps just leather, without metal throat and chape.)  The weight distribution should be ok; there have been many swords with much of their weight in the hilt and pommel (including rapiers) and they're not difficult to carry.  I'd just be sure that the scabbard fits the blade reasonably well and is constrained from going too close to horizontal.  If you did use a 40" HG blade, the sheathed length could be awkward both to carry and draw, but the blade weight may help with balance.

Just curious, what cut and thrust sword do you have?  I have the Hanwei Renaissance Side Sword, and it's one of my favorites.

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2013, 02:22:41 AM »

Just curious, what cut and thrust sword do you have?  I have the Hanwei Renaissance Side Sword, and it's one of my favorites.
Museum Replicas' Military Sword Rapier With Brass Hilt, purchased in 1997 or '98 when I was in college and really should've been doing something more responsible with my limited money. Smiley It was made by Windlass Steelcrafts, and it's about middle-of-the-road quality--not a work of art, with fit and finish a little rough, but something I'd be willing to trust my life to if I had to.  I've used it for a few choreographed routines and it has held up well, the weight and balance are decent, and I'm not tired of the looks after 16 years; what more can I ask for?

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2013, 03:35:54 AM »

Museum Replicas' Military Sword Rapier With Brass Hilt, purchased in 1997 or '98 when I was in college and really should've been doing something more responsible with my limited money. Smiley It was made by Windlass Steelcrafts, and it's about middle-of-the-road quality--not a work of art, with fit and finish a little rough, but something I'd be willing to trust my life to if I had to.  I've used it for a few choreographed routines and it has held up well, the weight and balance are decent, and I'm not tired of the looks after 16 years; what more can I ask for?

Sounds like a damn good sword to me!  I was just curious since there aren't a ton of that type of sword on the market (probably because so few people know of it!)

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 38

Logan Salazar - Tengen Toppa Angel X - Ultra 2

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »

I think that would look sick!!  Dark Omen body/pommel, normal War Glaive Emitter.  Total badassery!  Do it!  Then post pics!

I'm thinking about it! I'm kind of torn between dark and Azure, as that blue is my favorite color........Uggggh decisions >->

"Beneath the light....comes judgement!" - Cecil Harvey

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

Prophecy - Consular Green
MR Darth Maul (converted)
MR Luke ROTJ (converted)
ForceFX Luke ESB Black Series
Catalyst - Diamond Controller

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 08:50:16 PM »

Dang.  Upon seeing this, my brain went "Wtf is that?  Why did they make that?  I like the engravings.  Oo, the discs light up.  That actually looks awesome.  I WANT THIS SABER!!!"  Yeah...  Time to start saving...

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

Dang.  Upon seeing this, my brain went "Wtf is that?  Why did they make that?  I like the engravings.  Oo, the discs light up.  That actually looks awesome.  I WANT THIS SABER!!!"  Yeah...  Time to start saving...

Google "Thundercats".

Jawaslayer4
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »

When I saw this I thought one thing. "Thunder. Thunder! THUNDER!! THUNDERCATS!!! HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Which is exactly what I will say when I get this thing. Smiley

Glowrod
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

When I first heard of a new Saber, I was excited.  Then I saw it and thought someone was Punking me.  I guess you have to be a Thundercats fan to appreciate this.

Own: Dominix LE v2 Violet Amethist (grab bag)
Scorpion Emerald (on order)
Autum Raffle 2 4th place (en route)

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »

@Jawaslayer....Which one did you go for and what kind of options did you choose for this saber?  Definitely would LOVE to see pics or even a vid when you receive this one!  Excellent choice my friend!

Cheers

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA