Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A new Star Wars costuming group  (Read 4745 times)
SithHead1139
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« on: December 13, 2013, 11:19:43 PM »

I would like to tell you all about a new, non-profit Star Wars costuming group that I have started called Knights of the Force, a place where all Jedi, Sith, Dark Jedi and even Grey Jedi both canon and custom can gather can gather to show off their costumes, help with charity events & recruit new members. And we are on the rise over 90 members have joined, now we haven't been approved by Lucas Film yet, we are just a Facebook group for now. If anyone wishes to join here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/611537382242584/ Like all Star Wars costuming groups the basic requirements are : 18 or older, a screen-accurate costume and a battle-quality lightsaber.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:20:44 AM »

Welcome and it sounds like fun.

A quick thought though...if you welcome non-canon, you may have to adjust your "screen accurate" consideration.

Best of luck to your efforts!

Light side points please Smiley

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »

gah! curse you age limits!

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »

gah! curse you age limits!

It is for insurance reasons.  Courts, lawyers, judges do not approve of even staged fights when under age people are concerned.  

18 is a minimum. I would never spar with someone under 18.

Undecided

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:27 PM »

It is for insurance reasons.  Courts, lawyers, judges do not approve of even staged fights when under age people are concerned. 

:/
I honestly didn't know that. that makes much more sense then what I had in my head.

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »

Almost all such staged groups allow for a sponsored minor, but, this is for training and practice, they would not be allowed to spar or participate beyond the costume appearance aspect until 18 .

Safety and accountability...not trying to keep someone from being involved or having fun.

Smiley

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »

Almost all such staged groups allow for a sponsored minor, but, this is for training and practice, they would not be allowed to spar or participate beyond the costume appearance aspect until 18 .

Safety and accountability...not trying to keep someone from being involved or having fun.

Smiley
awwh man Sad

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »

There are some costuming groups that have special sections for people under the age of 18 to do costuming, so you still have a chance XtheXcodeX. There are specific guidelines for those subsections within those groups though, but it is another option.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »

I would like to tell you all about a new, non-profit Star Wars costuming group that I have started called Knights of the Force, a place where all Jedi, Sith, Dark Jedi and even Grey Jedi both canon and custom can gather can gather to show off their costumes, help with charity events & recruit new members. And we are on the rise over 90 members have joined, now we haven't been approved by Lucas Film yet, we are just a Facebook group for now. If anyone wishes to join here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/611537382242584/ Like all Star Wars costuming groups the basic requirements are : 18 or older, a screen-accurate costume and a battle-quality lightsaber.

If you're accepting custom costumes, you may want to back off on the "screen-accurate"... "Screen-accurate" is actually what prevents a lot of hobbyists from joining the 501st or the Rebel Legion.  They want to portray their own creations, but since they never were seen on screen, they can't, which stifles a lot of creativity in my opinion.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 04:06:50 PM »

If you're accepting custom costumes, you may want to back off on the "screen-accurate"... "Screen-accurate" is actually what prevents a lot of hobbyists from joining the 501st or the Rebel Legion.  They want to portray their own creations, but since they never were seen on screen, they can't, which stifles a lot of creativity in my opinion.

Yep I noted the same thing.  But it is early on in this effort.  These are things that get worked out quickly.

NY Jedi is a prime example of opening the doors for creative process.

But then the opposite can...oh no let me say, will happen.

Green Lantern Jedi, Cthulhu sith lord, Kryptonian Jedi, The Joker sith, Time Lord Jedi, Judge Dredd Jedi, Furry/Yiffy Jedi, Poke' Jedi, anime dragon/elf/godling Jedi, Jack Sparrow Jedi, LotR/Hobbit Jedi/sith, Twilight Vampire sith, etc.  And yes all of these and more are in NY Jedi.

And that is not a bad thing, but it is a thing.

So once the door is opened, then expect it to be broken off of it's hinges ans a part of the wall to give way...there will be no controlling it...unless you control it...or...don't and just let it happen.

It greatly depends on what you want to end up with.

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »

I like this idea.  I have had the idea of coming up with a costuming group like this for a while now.  I like the 501st and Rebel Legion, but do to the fact I havae my own ideas for costuming, I would be rejected.  I  totally understand why they are as "picky" as they are. 

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »

It is for insurance reasons.  Courts, lawyers, judges do not approve of even staged fights when under age people are concerned.  

Undecided

Saber Guild is Lucas Film liscenced and 13-17 are allowed with parental consent and a guardian present at all meetings and events. To clarify, Saber Guild is currently a Lucas film lesenced performance group with saber combat choreography. Waivers and parental consent/presence and you should be fine

EDIT: didn’t realize this was necro-posted so I apologize.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: