Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is the Old Republic actually worth playing  (Read 32360 times)
Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »

Balance is something an MMO typically HAS to have because if it doesn't, people usually don't want to play because the PvP is lopsided.  They also don't want just a bunch of one class running around and then have almost none of other classes.  All classes and specializations have their advantages and disadvantages on both sides, allowing you to play the class you wish on either side and getting a fair gameplay experience.  It would have been a very poor MMO if they didn't have balance.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »

Yeah, I understand that concept.  I assumed they would try to do what WoW originally was going to do with the Death Knight class ... Like a hero class sort of thing

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

TylerC1221
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 06:28:51 AM »

I started playing a year ago. My first character was a jedi knight. I love the game I say yes. Its worth playing I'd say.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »

I have been playing for a little over 2 years, and for me, it is the only MMO to be playing at the moment.  I was a voracious City of Heroes player, but when that went under, DC Universe and Champions Online just did not fill the void.  So, I went with Star Wars, and while I don't have as much fun as Heroes, for the time I spend on-line, it is worth the $15 a month.

If possible though, play with other folks.  It is always more fun to team up, than to solo IMHO.  I have a group of folks that I play with, and it throws a social element into the game play as well.  The help on difficult missions does not hurt either.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »

It's the only MMORPG I'm willing to pay money for.  I play a few others, but they're all free and I will not put money into their machines.  Granted I don't play as often as I used to, and that bothers me at times, but I've got other priorities right now such as job hunting and school...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »

I have been playing The Old Republic since beta. It's a typical MMPRPG, nothing too speicial but I like since it's in the SW universe. It's fun and the story lines makes it really fun. Not much after game contenet, I have a level 55 Sith and you basically repeat daily missions and try to collect gear.

Basically World of Warcraft, Star Wars style. Smiley

My rating is an 8/10.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »

I find it to be a much more immerse experience than WoW by far.

The spoken mission dialogue while obnoxious the second time around is so much cooler than WoWs text base questlines.

WoW- Questing, Raids, 5 mans, PvP arena and group, etc

SWTOR - Missions, Raids, Tacticals (5 man equivalents), pvp ... Then they have SHIP COMBAT ! With Missions, Pvp

I think it offers much more than WoW and it seems like SWTOR is much more balanced.

I would say WoW was 7/10 and SWTOR was 8.5/10

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »

I find it to be a much more immerse experience than WoW by far.

The spoken mission dialogue while obnoxious the second time around is so much cooler than WoWs text base questlines.

WoW- Questing, Raids, 5 mans, PvP arena and group, etc

SWTOR - Missions, Raids, Tacticals (5 man equivalents), pvp ... Then they have SHIP COMBAT ! With Missions, Pvp

I think it offers much more than WoW and it seems like SWTOR is much more balanced.

I would say WoW was 7/10 and SWTOR was 8.5/10

I concur.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 03:53:06 AM »

I never managed to get into MMOs, but this one sucked me right in.  Great storylines and voice acting, plus all kinds of things to do apart from your main plot (the ship missions are especially cool).  I'd still be playing it now if I didn't finish off my Guardian's story and get him to level 50... after that I admit it becomes a bit boring, especially without friends to play with.

HammerOfDestiny
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

LordHODVos

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »

I was the biggest fan of the KOTOR series, but I havent even played this new one yet. Now that its free to play, I need a new gaming pc.  I just have a smart phone (LG Viper), my tablet (samsung galaxytab3mini), and my ps4, why cant they do what dc universe did and release it on the psn.  I want to play this game soooo bad right now.  I miss the KOTOR scene, I successfully trained all party members in KOTOR II to jedi on the light side and to sith on the darkside.....good times.  I used to stay up all night while I was in college, playing those games.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:10:05 PM by HammerOfDestiny » Logged

"I'm afraid the tractor beam will be quite operational when your friends arrive.......Hahahahahahahah!!!"   lol

Initiate LE V3 - Consular Green mid-grade intiate blade w/no sound

Raven - standard claws, ss pommel, RGB w/FoC, Yellow AVswitch & Obsidian Sound

jimmyspenser
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 09:25:43 PM »

You will enjoy it but once you reach max level you may take off your sub. There's very little end game content and once you finish the story mode there's really no reason to keep paying monthly fees. At least, in my opinion. Other people enjoy making alts and goofing around, so it's really opinion based. I've always been a raider in MMOs. So yeah. XD;

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »

Been playing this since alpha and beta testing and still am playing it.  I really do enjoy the game.  Though that might be somewhat evident by my 14 characters, 6 of which are 50+. 

I do endgame ops with my guild, so I consider there to be plenty of content.

The decreased XP for non-subscriber is annoying when leveling, but obviously not an issue on endgame content.  With my sub and the cartel coins I've gotten I have purchased a lot of the account or legacy perks that you don't get when not a subscriber so things like titles and hide helmet and artifact level gear are still open to me even if I choose to turn off my sub.

Also don't forget about a putting a security key on your account, that's 100 coins a month just for having the physical key or the app on your phone.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: