Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Paul Rudd Cast as Hank Pym in Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ Movie  (Read 1559 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: December 19, 2013, 03:34:02 AM »

Marvel Studios has proven it’s a force to be reckoned with, changing the game with its shared universe model, making a multi-million brand out of superhero movies, and breakout stars out of more than a few actors. But riskier waters lie ahead for the studio, with comic book properties that virtually no one outside of the fanboy community knows about (Guardians of the Galaxy) or cares about (Ant-Man).

But will the skepticism about Ant-Man  change – now that we know that charm-king actor Paul Rudd is playing him?

The Wrap dropped the exclusive announcement of Rudd “being in talks” with Marvel Studios, but with months of speculation that Rudd was in competition for the role against Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who’s since moved on to Sandman) – as well as the noted (and observable) evidence of Rudd already looking more fit for the role, it’s a pretty safe bet that the actor WILL be signing on the dotted line.

Ant-Man has been in development for some time under the eye of The World’s End director Edgar Wright, who co-wrote the script with Attack the Block filmmaker Joe Cornish; Wright will also be directing the flick.

The skepticism about Ant-Man as a viable film property should be obvious; it’s about a superhero scientist who invents size-altering particles and technology that allows him to communicate with insects. That’s pretty silly even by comic book standards.

The skepticism about Ant-Man as a viable film property should be obvious; it’s about a superhero scientist who invents size-altering particles and technology that allows him to communicate with insects. That’s pretty silly even by comic book standards.

However, fans should be happy to learn that Hank Pym – one of the founding Avengers in the comic books – will indeed be the version of Ant-Man we’re getting.

Ant-Man will be in theater on July 31, 2015.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/ant-man-paul-rudd-marvel-2015/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »

Having not ever read an Ant-man comic, I don't much care who plays him.  I'm a little surprised by Paul Rudd, but he does kinda look like the guy in the first picture. 

Ok, from someone who never read Ant-man, this is beyond ridiculous.   I'd assumed (incorrectly, it seems) that Ant-man was so named because he could carry a thousand times his weight.  You know, like ants.  That makes some sense.  The above synopsis is just silly.   

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »

Having not ever read an Ant-man comic, I don't much care who plays him.  I'm a little surprised by Paul Rudd, but he does kinda look like the guy in the first picture. 

Ok, from someone who never read Ant-man, this is beyond ridiculous.   I'd assumed (incorrectly, it seems) that Ant-man was so named because he could carry a thousand times his weight.  You know, like ants.  That makes some sense.  The above synopsis is just silly.   

When he gets smaller he still retains his full size strength.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:14:05 AM »

When he gets smaller he still retains his full size strength.

So he's an inch tall and can lift 200 pounds.  Impressive, but I'm not sure how you make a story about it.

Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:25:16 AM »

So he's an inch tall and can lift 200 pounds.  Impressive, but I'm not sure how you make a story about it.

Apparently, it has been stated by both Edgar Wright and Kevin Feige that this will be very much a "heist film."

With as small as Pym can shrink he would be a prime candidate for espionage.

I can get on board with that, seeing as how Captain America: Winter Soldier is being sold as a "political thriller" and the trailers so far have shown just that.

Ant-Man is really Marvel's, Aquaman in terms of public perception; although Aquaman is by far more badass.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 01:08:06 AM »

Ok, from someone who never read Ant-man, this is beyond ridiculous.   I'd assumed (incorrectly, it seems) that Ant-man was so named because he could carry a thousand times his weight.  You know, like ants.  That makes some sense.  The above synopsis is just silly.  

If you don't like the name, he had several (including Goliath, which is pretty badass).

He's awesome and the movie will be awesome.

no

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 03:35:38 AM »

I like Ant-man/Giant-man! Hank Pym is one of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe. He did help create Ultron after all. While we're on the subject, will the Vision possibly be a part of the Avengers 3? I hope so!

And I have no doubt Paul Rudd will do fine as Hank Pym.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

If you don't like the name, he had several (including Goliath, which is pretty badass).

He's awesome and the movie will be awesome.

Awesome or not, to the uninitiated, that synopsis is incredibly dull.  I have no doubt Marvel can make a great film for him.  But it's gonna take some work on their part.

Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: