Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Consular with Obsidian  (Read 3479 times)
EV-9D9
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 03, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »

I am really liking this Consular saber. The saber feels great, the activation button is smooth (I got the blue light a/v button, which greatly enhances the sabers look, both on and off), and the Obsidian sound board produces such great sound. Compared to my US2.5, the US2.5 sounds like an old am radio with static. I played both sound cards for my brother, who knows nothing about sabers, and the moment I played the Obsidian, he stated this is what I like to hear.

My only regret, for those considering, is not getting the quick disconnect so I can change the LED.

{[][][][]^<<<|=====================

-LDM converted MR Luke ROTJ to a V2 with MR sound
-LDM upgraded MFX TFU Starkiller with US2.5 sound
-Master Yoda Drilled Quartz Graflex V Replica with CF5 sound
-Ultra Sabers nickel plated Consular with Obsidian USB sound

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »

Out of curiosity what color did you get it in? By the way the blue AV switch really intrigues me. You're so lucky to have it!

EV-9D9
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:10:11 PM »

Out of curiosity what color did you get it in? By the way the blue AV switch really intrigues me. You're so lucky to have it!

My thought was to stay true to qui-gon's saber since that is what this saber is, so I have consular green. The dark side clouded my vision and I could not see the future possibilities of other colors.

The blue av switch does look nice and it is a steady light and only on when the saber is on, unlike the constant blinking as seen in Ultra and Novastar's video on the Obsidian.

{[][][][]^<<<|=====================

-LDM converted MR Luke ROTJ to a V2 with MR sound
-LDM upgraded MFX TFU Starkiller with US2.5 sound
-Master Yoda Drilled Quartz Graflex V Replica with CF5 sound
-Ultra Sabers nickel plated Consular with Obsidian USB sound

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:47:21 AM »

Veeeery nice. I love green  Grin

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »

The blue av switch does look nice and it is a steady light and only on when the saber is on, unlike the constant blinking as seen in Ultra and Novastar's video on the Obsidian.

About the AV switch. Is there any way to make the AV switch blinking when the saber is off?  Undecided

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »

Anyone can help me?

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »

None?  Undecided

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »

Not sure Salvatore, start a thread in Technical and someone like Caine or Novastar could probably help you!

Back on topic, that sounds like a great saber.  Does the blue AV switch look good with the green blade?  I like that they have all three of the AV colors now, lets you do some cool blade/switch color combos.  Post some pics, show your new acquisition off!

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »

Not sure Salvatore, start a thread in Technical and someone like Caine or Novastar could probably help you!

Back on topic, that sounds like a great saber.  Does the blue AV switch look good with the green blade?  I like that they have all three of the AV colors now, lets you do some cool blade/switch color combos.  Post some pics, show your new acquisition off!

Ok, Nero Attoru, probably I'll do that.  Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »

Nice. Post some pics and maybe a video if you can. =] I like the Consular saber but I'm going Bellicose with Obsidian as well.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36:22 AM »

My thought was to stay true to qui-gon's saber since that is what this saber is, so I have consular green. The dark side clouded my vision and I could not see the future possibilities of other colors.

Too bad you bought the saber when the red AV switch wasn't aivalable!  Undecided

Now it would be very close to the Qui-Gon's one.

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 12:17:40 AM »

Me. I would do the switch in green just to match the blade. ;p

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 05:55:32 AM »

Nice saber. I think I'm going yo do yje same thing when I get the same saber.  All in all do you think this is a good combat saber for dueling?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: