Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Humans + 2 Star Wars aliens  (Read 17308 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:33 PM »

In a pocket universe, say a game setting, what two current aliens would you include in the galaxy?

1. Humans...check

Before you answer, here are a couple thoughts to include...

Are the aliens biologically compatible, can there be interbreeding and thus blending of the species?

Are Humans the majority, are they 33.3%, or other?

What is the political setting? War? Peace? Sith in control? Jedi reconstruction? Other?

And please for the sake of continuity and some realistic sense, none of the fringe immortal or near immortal "we can do anything" aliens...just the normal stock types for this creative exercise  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:44:51 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »

In a pocket universe, say a game setting, what two current aliens would you include in the galaxy?

1. Humans...I will out on a limb and accept that there are many varieties of Human, near-humans, as Humans seem to be quite genetically adaptable...so a fairly standard size, form, shape...two basic sexes (though hermaphrodites and neuters do exist)...symmetrical with fingers and toes, pair of eyes/ears/arms/legs...the only real difference would be skin and hair color...while the majority of Humans fall within the brown hues with range of pale beige to deep black, there are colonies/planets/moons/etc. that allow for unique coloration such as blue, green, red, and stark white...some a bit taller, shorter, larger, smaller. But no powers or abilities that would separate them from the human baseline, mostly cosmetic.

2. Togruta...because I like them! lol...so much going on with them, the colors, the patterns, the Montrals and Lekkus...all good for me!...if allowed a measure of leeway I could see a range or an offshoot of the main Togruta that are without Montrals and thus Twi'leks but this is a stretch  Smiley

3. Nikto...this seems an odd one, but they like the Humans are genetically adaptable and have at least 5 distinct varieties that can breed with each other, thus even more variety...each type being from a climatic/environmental extreme

Are the aliens biologically compatible, can there be interbreeding and thus blending of the species?  
No...Humans have there own types, Togrutas theirs, and Niktos their types.

I am good with a 33.3% split.

What is the political setting? War? Peace? Sith in control? Jedi reconstruction? Other?
Senatorial with representatives from everywhere voting on the big issues and the smaller issues being handled at a local level.

Jedi are monks, knights, and teachers...traveling the galaxy with basic immunity to politics supporting peace, communication, and education...most often called in to act as mediators and diplomatic representatives...the knights act as marshals tracking down criminals who jump between planets and systems...not all members have Force abilities as it is not a requirement.

The sith are assassins, spies, and terrorists...stirring up conflict, trading in information, kidnapping, etc...there is an agenda but it is divided among the guilds who constantly battle with each other for position, control, and seniority...most operatives work deep undercover and maintain several identities...not all members have Force abilities as it is not a requirement.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:54:58 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 08:23:39 PM »

Interesting question.

1. Humans...check

2. Twi'lek -- Mainly because I think they'd get along with us better than most other species.

3. Chiss -- Near-human bipedal aliens.  Very similar in almost all respects to humans, as far as features go.

I'd say yes with Human/Chiss, and a huge maybe for Human/Twi'lek.   Twi'lek/Chiss is extremely unlikely, I think. 

Don't really care, but if I had to say, I'd give humans the majority by a couple of percentage points.  Not a lot, but just a little.

Peace.  Though as with any sentient beings, there are always those who want to change things by force, so the potential for war is still there.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »

Interesting question.

1. Humans...check

2. Twi'lek -- Mainly because I think they'd get along with us better than most other species.

3. Chiss -- Near-human bipedal aliens.  Very similar in almost all respects to humans, as far as features go.

Just because I like pictures!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »

Fairly predictable choices from me.

Human (although, to be honest, I wouldn't have picked humans if it were just a pick three species deal).

Zeltron (because... um... their skin tone would be good camouflage on some worlds. Definitely that.)

Diathim (they make sense in context, although I doubt they could safely interbreed with the other species. And yes, I do realize they are biologically immortal, but they seem fragile enough for that to be irrelevant.)

Scenario: On the verge of war. The Diathim, led by Force-sensitive family, have created an authoritarian monarchy from which only they benefit. They have constructed floating cities for themselves and have severely limited the production of flying vehicles, leaving most of the humanoid civilians on the planets' surfaces. Poverty and crime are rampant in the shadows of the cities, and young Zeltrons have become frequent targets for kidnapping and trafficking at the hands of the Diathim. Force-sensitive humanoids are located shortly after their births and forcibly transported to mysterious laboratories in the cities, never to be seen again. However, a small sect of Diathim is beginning to pity to humanoids' plight and is creating sparks of anarchy, hoping to kindle a cleansing flame.

Humans make up the majority (50%), with Zeltrons in second (40%) and Diathim as the vast minority (10%).

no

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 03:59:16 AM »

1. Humans (15%)

Humans are new to the space-scene; they've colonised a few planets but their technology is inferior to the rest of the fringe galaxy and spacetravel is a huge effort, though it does happen from time to time. Most want to travel and see the stars, some becoming stowaways when the duros come to trade. Each colony is only a few hundred million in size, but a small democratic government exists on each planet, though it is not immune to corruption found on a few planets.

2. Duros (35%)

Farmers and cargo-runners. Most of them hate space (80%) but the rest can't get enough of it. These few duros perform most of the trafficking, utilising huge droid operated crews that provide the bulk of interspecies interaction. The Freight Guild is autonomous, but subject to the law that the arkanians demand. Greedy for a few credits, the duros sold their planetary rights to the arkanians long ago.

3. Arkanians/Offshoots (15%/35%)

Arkanians govern the entire galactic community, much to the disgust of the duros. Rich and technologically advanced, the arkanians lay down the law. Offshoots provide the workforce, often as miners, law enforcement or mid to low level management. Menial tasks are performed by droids, but hiring an offshoot is seen as a sign of wealth in arkanian society. Arkanians will only interact with other arkanians or offshoots, making governing a tense affair. Offshoots oversee all interaction between the duros Freight Guild and the human colonies.

Most of the galaxy exists in a Feudal System, where the arkanians own the most planet and dictate the law to the inhabitants. They are currently trying to acquire the planets inhabited by the humans, while also preventing further human expansion. The arkanians have been mining on the duros-inhabited planets for years but are beginning to increase their operations, much to the dismay of the local duros. None of the humans and extremely few duros have actually seen a real arkanian, and it is widely believed them to be some sort of propaganda spread by the offshoots to justify their control of the galaxy. Tales of arkanians are rumours, filled with hyperbole and details vary widely. Offshoots are not liked by humans, and the duros are very wary of them all the same.

Within a few years, the arkanian mining expansion effort will lead to a revolt by the duros; sabotage to begin with, but the arkanians will push back, and begin using aggressive tactics to acquire the human planets as well. This will unite the duros and humans into civil war against the arkanians. Offshoots will be split, as the miners join the duros in their efforts. The Freight Guild has financial stability with the arkanians and thus sides with them. The war is very onesided, as space and advanced technology is controlled by the Guild and arkanians, however a splinter group from the Guild smuggles for the duros and humans, sentimental about a life once had planetside, which leaves the settlements well defended.

The fate of the galaxy is unknown because although the arkanians and Guild no longer have a sustainable food source, they could easily bombard the colonies, however they do not have the capacity for surgical strikes, and risk destroying foodstocks and the fertile land. On top of that, ground invasion has been met with extreme resistance; the duros leaving scorched and salted earth behind when forced to flee, so as the arkanians cannot grow crops of their own.

Species cannot interbreed (as is the definition of a species), and there are no Force-sensitives. That said, offshoots and arkanians can interbreed, because they are more like different races of the same species, though this is frowned upon, but it may happen in secret.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 05:02:47 AM »

Good choices all in all  Smiley

Duros and Arkanians/Offshoots...interesting indeed.

For our little creative project here...no immortal or near immortals or demigods/angel/demons/fairies/etc...so no Diathim, Maelibus, Fay, Gen'Dai, etc.  Just regular stock aliens...not the unique one of a kind, only on this one moon, or other such very tiny group...regular folk lol.

Keep them coming  Smiley

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 05:21:28 AM »

I dig the Zeltrons... I'd likely take them and Zabraks.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 05:28:25 AM »

I dig the Zeltrons... I'd likely take them and Zabraks.

And Zumans?

Roll Eyes

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 06:23:39 AM »

And Zumans?

Roll Eyes

If they mix, why not?

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 06:29:36 AM »

Good choices all in all  Smiley

Duros and Arkanians/Offshoots...interesting indeed.

For our little creative project here...no immortal or near immortals or demigods/angel/demons/fairies/etc...so no Diathim, Maelibus, Fay, Gen'Dai, etc.  Just regular stock aliens...not the unique one of a kind, only on this one moon, or other such very tiny group...regular folk lol.

Keep them coming  Smiley

You made the thread so I'll play along, but for future reference, I'm going to make a case for the Diathim. You and I were both wrong about their biological immortality - it isn't stated anywhere (I could've sworn I saw it somewhere, but it isn't stated in the appropriate article. Most of the information is presented as rumours anyway. I address immortality later, regardless of the necessity of doing so). The only peculiarities are that they don't eat (as far as anyone knows), and they can survive in space. Bioluminescence is obviously exhibited by other species in SW (and IRL) and it makes sense for people to judge their appearance differently based on the observer's bias due to the light, in a similar sense to the Rorschach test.

I don't see what's wrong with excessive longevity anyway, as long as it isn't accompanied by OP abilities (such as those possessed by the Shi'ido). Diathim probably aren't immortal (even biologically) anyway, as I said above. For those of you that don't know, a biologically immortal organism can die in every way in which a normal, senescent organism can, with the exception of age.

Canon ranges are irrelevant. We're talking about a game scenario, not a "realistic" representation of SW topography. So what if something exists on a certain moon in canon? This is a totally different scenario from whatever evolution took place in canon. A canon single-planet species could have invented space travel long before the others in this reality.

But like I said I would, I've made my objection(s) and I'm moving on (unless you change your mind on the Diathim, which I don't see happening).

Toydarians are ewwy and Geonosians wouldn't rebel, and neither of them seem like they would be able to fly to the upper atmospheres of most planets, so flying races are out.

Change the cities to be underwater, replace the flying vehicle restrictions with submarine restrictions, remove the Force from the equation, and replace the Diathim with Mon Calamari. I guess. But it's a bit of a stretch, because it would more than likely end up being two parallel civilizations as opposed to one ruling the other.

That, or replace the Diathim with a terrestrial race, keep the floating cities and mostly keep the aircraft restrictions, but it's less logical for a terrestrial group to do that than a flying race. Again, the Force would be removed. Diathim are replaced by Cereans, the population is a 33.3% split, and racial discrimination is replaced by financial discrimination, as none of the races has an advantage over the others.

So basically, Elysium with red people and people with tall heads. frell.

Or I could redo the scenario entirely, but frell that.

no

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »

Game setting? oh Sad I thought we were writing mini-stories - maybe that's why I'm having trouble following what's going on...

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »

@luna...I found numerous references to the Diathim and the Maelibus being immortal (angels and demons)...and it is just a silly creative game so use them if you like, immortality creates a situation of power in a story or a game, it also creates a different physiology because why get involved with anything dealing with short lived races...they are nothing to an immortal, time is measured in 1000's of years rather than hours and days.

@Xaeyon...game or story, either works for me lol  Smiley

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »

1-      Humans

2-      Twi’leks

3-      Tusken Raiders

Humans- They are the dominate species in the galaxy. They lead the way in pioneering space, settling new worlds, setting up a government and protecting the galaxy. They make up 40% of the known galaxy.

Twi’leks- Were encountered by humans in early space exploration. They make up 40% of the known galaxy. The Twi’leks had also begun space exploration but were less successful because of constant attacks by…..

Tusken Raiders-   A nomadic people, just like in ANH, but they get off world by stealing ships. They raid settlements and spread through the galaxy like a parasite. They make up 20% of the galaxy but are increasing in numbers.

Setting- The galaxy is in a pioneering phase. The known galaxy is ever growing and expanding. There is no real war but it is far from peaceful. Conflict constantly plagues the galaxy because of the Tusken Raiders. The Jedi Order, made up of humans, is tasked with protecting the galaxy from the Tusken Raiders and hunting them down. The Twi’leks are sort of caught in the middle of this conflict. They encountered the Tusken Raiders first because of their home world’s proximity to the Tusken Raider’s territory and Twi’leks have been the underdog of the galaxy ever since. 

The Jedi have been given special authority from the government to protect the galaxy from the Tusken Raiders in whatever way is necessary. Their tactics are questionable at times but the Jedi Order keeps watch over the actions of its membership and polices their own very well.   

The Sith are an ancient organization that is long gone. Artifacts of their empire are found here and there but little is known about them other than long ago they controlled a large part of the galaxy and were associated with dark arts. It is rumored that the Tusken Raiders were slaves of the Sith. There is evidence of a connection between the Tusken Raiders and the Sith but no direct link has been found.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »

Fun, sounds of Firefly  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print