Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Overlord Custom Idea  (Read 3979 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: December 28, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »

I know I just got my Overlord saber but what would be some good stuff to customize it with? I was thinking of the Archon classic pommel at one point but that seems to be about it in my head. I don't want to do any weathering or permanent wrapping. If I can I might just tie some leather wrap around so I don't have to glue it on. Any other ideas would be nice. Might get me a choke point too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darkmatter73
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -42

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »

Well, I can show you what I did with my Overlord.
Full credit goes to my awesome wife, who did all the custom work on it.  Grin

First, she bought me a giant piece of really nice soft black leather.

Next, a piece was measured and cut to go around the hilt and not quite touch on the far end.

3 long thin pieces were cut out, and glued together making 1 piece about 3 feet long.
These are the ends when we were done but you get the idea.

Double sided tape was applied to the whole area to prevent slippage, then the large piece was applied and laced up tight. Sorry no pics of that by itself.

Then the long piece was applied criss cross all the way down, superglued the entire way. Took her quite some time.
Once the pieces met at the end, they were glued down and trimmed flush.
Viola, awesome custom leather wrap!

I added a Manticore emitter and a Raven SS pommel, man I love my Overlord now.
The Shock LE in the background I literally just got today.
And a nickel plated Guardian with Obsidian and Emerald to arrive next week ( with a free grab bag via the current offer ).
I really need to be stopped lol.

Hope that helps some with your decision, please post some pics when you customize!

-Darkmatter73

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 08:19:17 AM »

I will. But that's the thing I didn't want to have any glue on my saber. If you know any other trick to get leather on let me know. I was thinking of also getting the Archon pommel since the Arbiter pommel isn't available separately. I'm good on the blade holder for I lime it anyway. I'll keep updates of what I do though. I might just do the pommel.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Darkmatter73
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -42

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 08:23:27 AM »

Well that's the cool part of how she did it. The only thing glued is leather on leather.
Only the tape is touching the saber itself, which peels right off.
So if I ever tire of the leather, I can have my saber back to stock in 30 seconds.

-Darkmatter73

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:37:45 AM »

I will. But that's the thing I didn't want to have any glue on my saber. If you know any other trick to get leather on let me know. I was thinking of also getting the Archon pommel since the Arbiter pommel isn't available separately. I'm good on the blade holder for I lime it anyway. I'll keep updates of what I do though. I might just do the pommel.

Is there a difference between the Arbiter pommel and the Archon Classic pommel? I don't have an Arbiter, but in the pics I've seen the pommels look pretty close.
http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-pommel-carchon.htm
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:43:11 AM by Brian64 » Logged

Light side points please

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »

Is there a difference between the Arbiter pommel and the Archon Classic pommel? I don't have an Arbiter, but in the pics I've seen the pommels look pretty close.

They are the same. And, the regular archon pommel is the same as the dark arbiter pommel. In the build your own saber section they sell either the arbiter or archon pommel

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »

I always thought the Arbiter pommel had deeper sides.

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »

Well, the arbiter is on the DotD for 20% (and another 15% off with sound) - though it isn't the 29th for much longer.

Light side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 01:47:45 AM »

Dude I can't buy another full saber. I just want the pommel. I'll see if I can buy the pommel separate. I'll be keeping the blade holder on though. I really like that.

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 02:04:24 AM »

Maybe it's the angle of the photos, but the arbiter pommel doesn't look like it has deeper grooves than the Archon classic.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/sound-arbiter.htm

Light side points please

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 02:51:55 AM »

They're the same pommel. I had an Arbiter and I had ordered the Archon Classic Pommel separately for my Libby, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, they're the same.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 02:58:51 AM »

Problem solved then! Thanks BenPass.

Light side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »

Hmm. Weird. Probably was just the angle then. I'm actually thinking of doing a Malice round pommel now for some more edge. I like how it has the look of the Bellicose pommel but with the added edges.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: