Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tonfa-shaped hilts ?  (Read 8286 times)
claudio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

bot here

« on: January 06, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »

Hi

My daughter ask if is possible, in a near future, to see Ultrasabers tonfa-shaped hilts like the ones used by Maris Brood ?

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »

Gotta say it was pretty cool seeing that design, But I hated fighting her in the game, Stupid invisibility

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »

We made tonfa sabers before with limited popularity.  We might revisit the idea some day.

claudio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

bot here

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »

Any chance to see to what they look like ? Any pic's out there ?

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »

Oh please ultrasaber gods bring back the Tonga sabers bigger and better than ever. Its a small plea but its one I hope that is not heard in vain

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:34:51 AM »

Any chance to see to what they look like ? Any pic's out there ?

This photo and many other past and present Ultrasaber products can be found in this topic. Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=919.0

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 04:38:07 AM »

This is the third time in the last time in 30 mins that I have commentred about the tonfa sabers, They are so unique in their design even if it was a custom request If I could ask for it I would love US forever.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »

The idea is really cool, but the fact of the matter is that not many people know how to use real tonfa's period. It's a very traditional Okinawan karate weapon, and has given way to the flashier weapons such as bo staff, nunchaku and kama. Unless one's martial art school teaches them, they are pretty impractical. Although I know how to use them, even I don't teach them.

That and most kama techniques require grabbing the longer part - in this case, the saber blade.

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 05:40:35 AM »

That and most kama techniques require grabbing the longer part - in this case, the saber blade.

That could be... problematic. Cheesy

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 07:02:27 AM »

The idea is really cool, but the fact of the matter is that not many people know how to use real tonfa's period. It's a very traditional Okinawan karate weapon, and has given way to the flashier weapons such as bo staff, nunchaku and kama. Unless one's martial art school teaches them, they are pretty impractical. Although I know how to use them, even I don't teach them.

You're right. Undecided I've seen them used in Muay Thai and I think Kung Fu (I'm fairly certain that's wrong), Oh and police. But other than that........

I'd love to pay to have them made by US though.. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »

I'm sure with how many of us (me included) have said they'd buy Tonfa's in an instant that Ultra is (as he said about) at least considering it.  If it does happen we on the forum will be the first to know!

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Well I shall keep my fingers crossed in hopes that they make a come back. I just hope for metal not PVC this time around ;p

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »

been a fan of them myself since the game.

knowing US and their skills. it would be this epic.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

badocter
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 12:06:01 AM »

Interesting for a display piece, but I can't imagine it had good balance as a sparring tonfa with a saber tube extending that far off the end of it and that the "blade" doesn't give any cover to the arm.  The lightsaber gauntlets show in 2nd half of this video look like a more viable tonfa-like option for sparring.

https://youtu.be/dcdVC20xg9I

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: