Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Forming your own LED Saber Club. Some guidelines.  (Read 63199 times)
KyloKen
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »

Caine, or Master Caine? 
Regardless thank you for making this post! I am brand new to the forum and would like to learn and participate as much as i can. Aside from how to start a saber club, how do i become a good member of this forum?
Thanks again,
Kylo Ken

Darzik
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2015, 07:44:27 PM »

Great write up. Would you like light or dark side points?

The Gathering of Sabers
Syracuse NY

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »

started a group in my area. 19 members, fb page up and active. meet and greet later this month, some members already seeking formal combat training, some costume...I may have founded, but I am only a guide.

my next goal is a place to spar and practice at least once a month.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2015, 02:07:20 AM »

I'm a green belt in karate Smiley
I can fight. Somewhat.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Tyranis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

"so be it..jedi"

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2016, 06:33:22 AM »

Hey guys made a va face book sparring page..check us out if your anywhere near the Hampton va area hit me up

https://www.facebook.com/VALightsaberFightClub/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

MR Anakin (fought a good fight but ultimately couldn't handle my rage)
Dark catalyst BR AS FoC  FcP red AV  weathered leather wrapped and custom ancient sound
 Grab bag Catalyst with DC body in GB  (now BR) weathered leather wrapped
Dark initiate shotos in AS
    DS POINTS

Darth Tyranis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

"so be it..jedi"

« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2016, 01:07:32 AM »

and heres the group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176559929389241/

MR Anakin (fought a good fight but ultimately couldn't handle my rage)
Dark catalyst BR AS FoC  FcP red AV  weathered leather wrapped and custom ancient sound
 Grab bag Catalyst with DC body in GB  (now BR) weathered leather wrapped
Dark initiate shotos in AS
    DS POINTS

Ascinius
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2016, 03:38:46 AM »

Hey guys,
Just started a group out in Colorado Springs. Little to no experience required and we are all looking to grow together. Please check us out if you are in the area. Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/FalconLudosport/

jakelley2016
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2016, 08:58:45 AM »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a place to practice? I've been shut down in the courtyard at my apartment complex because of the noise and the local parks all close at 11 p.m. I work the night shift, which makes day-dueling a scarce and fleeting opportunity. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Guardianofwinds
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »

I have the exact same problem. Except in my area, there isnt' any room to duel. and where there is, it's uneven and usually occupied by people or furniture.
My suggestion is this; find a day off, even if you cant make it consistent , find a time and discipline yourself to make sure you duel/practice/workout during those times. If the issue is just timing, plan for it when you wake up or before you go to bed. If there is a will, you will find a way.
Most parks close at the latest 10pm where I am at, I've had to make the effort to travel to a park a 30 min drive away one day a week for the most dueling. It's worth it. We've attained a lot of attention and have gained members since. Being at a park, you can play music, be loud. You just got to find time, even for an hour to devote to it.

Be forgiving of the past, mindful of the present and hopeful toward the future

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »

excellent guidelines. thanks.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

zuka213
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 74

May the Force be With You

« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2016, 12:07:26 AM »

backyards works well
but that depends on the size of the group

Light Side points plx
Cheesy

TheDarkOpossum
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -94

A Sith with a heart of gold

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a place to practice? I've been shut down in the courtyard at my apartment complex because of the noise and the local parks all close at 11 p.m. I work the night shift, which makes day-dueling a scarce and fleeting opportunity. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Late to the party with an answer, but I wonder if you have any local artist collectives or studio space that you could rent? Any studio that has space for dance or exercise classes will usually rent their space for a reasonable rate during off hours, and then the noise of the dueling won't be an issue with neighbors. Bonus: these spaces usually have mirrors to assist with the visuals of choreography.

Cosplayer, Ecdysiast, and Variety Arts Performer
Tabletop Roleplayer for Life

Dark Apprentice v4 Staff - Violet Amethyst - Dahkali Vlakuhs (Twilight)/Clirnye'ata (Serenity)
Emerald Dark War Glaive - Dark Violet Amethyst x2 - The Doom Stick (working title)
Obsidian Consular - Consular Green/Adegan Silver FOC - Raffle Prize

Wishlist:
Catalyst, Chosen One CE, Archon v3.1, Raven

BigJ
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »

I have been thinking about this and I Like it. I think I am going to start a you tube thing for our new group and put on some interview vids for each fighter talking about sword fighting experience and what not.

BigJ
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »

Hey guys Jeff here. So my saber fighting group  is getting off the ground. We had our first potluck yesterday and practice last night. We had 13 people on the field, because that was all the light sabers we had. We had 7 people in our group just coming to hang out and watch, 2 kids and a dog as well. We are a family friendly group so we try to keep the cussing down and make people with kids welcome. So yeah it is going really well. I just put in an order for 12 more grab bags so I can arm more people.

As far as fighting skill goes we range from brand new to a couple people who have been doing sword fighting for like 22 years. So at the start of every practice we break off into groups and go over things and really take the time to talk about each others fighting form and how to make people better fighters. Then we Circle up and do some one on one dueling. Then we go into games for the rest of the night. It is a lot of fun to have the larger battles and I hope they get even larger. We did have quite a few random people taking video so it may start popping up on the net.

If anyone one wants to come check us out we are at a Park Called Twila Reid in Anaheim and we meet every Sunday night around 9 pm. Our Facebook Group is just "Orange County Saber Fighting"

Thanks
Jeff

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2016, 04:59:22 PM »

sounds organised and well formed, well on your way in the right direction.

+1

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: